Land Line Phone In Pattaya

GuestHouse

Depends if you want TT&T or a TOT line.

TT&T normally are quicker to set up and have more lines available ( though someone recently said on here that he got a TOT line in 2 weeks )

TT&T 2-3 weeks... TOT longer ? with both it will depend if they have lines free in your area.

Price about 3,000 baht extra fee to run a cable from the box outside to where ever you want the phone.

If you want internet apply for it at the same time you apply for the line,should then in thoery arrive together :o

I got a fixed line from TT&T in Pattaya. It cost 3,300 baht, and they threw in a free telephone, which is a good one with SMS capability.

It was fitted after five days, by three lads, who hammered on my door at 0800. They charged me 800 baht for the trouble of taking the wire (from outside) into my apartment.

Beware: Do you have a suitable orafice on an outside window/door to accept the 2.5mm diameter cable? These TT&T installation staff do not carry low revelution hand drills or glass cutters.

I had to do it myself at 0810 hours.

I live in east Pattaya over the sukhumvit highway and tried unsuccessfully to have a phone intsalled three months ago. TOT said one to two years unless I wanted to pay about 35000 baht for them to run the line up to the village! TT&T said they were sold out ! No lines available so I am waiting patiently as someone has justbuilt a new village next door and looks like they are running phone lines in!

I live in east Pattaya over the sukhumvit highway and tried unsuccessfully to have a phone intsalled three months ago. TOT said one to two years unless I wanted to pay about 35000 baht for them to run the line up to the village! TT&T said they were sold out ! No lines available so I am waiting patiently as someone has justbuilt a new village next door and looks like they are running phone lines in!

Why are things so difficult in Pattaya compared to other thai towns? I live in Sattahip, up in the hills, good distance from town. TOT provided line. Engineer came in 3 days, had to run a line 200 metres from nearest public phone box. 2,000 baht including free, quite expensive, phone. Lads came 1 week later to install line. 800 baht for them to bring in line via roof space. Said they would provide any extensions free.