Thai Foreign Ministry: Same day passports to be introduced

webfact

FOREIGN MINISTRY
Same day passports to be introduced

post-128-0-69906800-1428397891_thumb.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Foreign Ministry will soon introduce a new service that will sees passports issued within one day instead of the three days at present.

However the new service will be more expensive with a new passport coming in at Bt3,000 rather than the Bt1,000 charged for the current system.

Ratchada Jiwalai, director of Passport division, said that those who want to apply for the new service can submit their passport application at the Consular Department on Chaeng Wattana Road before noon and it will be ready for collection at 4.30pm.

Another service allows an applicant to submit the documents at the department and other passport branches also before noon. The passport can be picked after 9am the following day. The fee for this service is Bt2,000.

Those applying either at the department and other passport branches in the afternoon can pick up their passports the following day between noon and 4.30pm. The fee will also be Bt2,000.

Passports issued under the new service can be picked up at the department only.

Ratchada said the new services are expected to be available before Songkran Festival. For more information, visit www.consular.co.th.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Same-day-passports-to-be-introduced-30257570.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-04-07

One day instead of three days? Bloody hell, the UK has trouble issuing same month passports!

Heheee mine took 4 months and I paid for expedited service

Exactly. If it took that long in Thailand, we would be killing ourselves laughing at their inefficiency...

Last time I renewed my British PP was 3 years ago, and via FPO it took only 2 weeks between sending it via EMS to HK and receiving the original back the same, along with the new one. Never had a problem. However, the topic refers to Thai passports, and my wife got hers within 2 days using the old system. Shame they can't offer the same system regarding visas for legal foreigners who have to go through ages, waiting and speaking with Thai with immigration officers at random, who try to attempt a having to pay extra thousands of Baht to take what they can get, just because they didn't get fish and rice for breakfast!

My kids got their Thai passports the next day at Tanya Plaza Srinakarin, and they did not have to pay more than B1,000.

It seems to me that this is a clever ploy to get people to hang around in the restaurants and market which some officers have an interest in while waiting for their passports to be ready in the afternoon.

My kids got their Thai passports the next day at Tanya Plaza Srinakarin, and they did not have to pay more than B1,000.

It seems to me that this is a clever ploy to get people to hang around in the restaurants and market which some officers have an interest in while waiting for their passports to be ready in the afternoon.

Maybe they do have interests in the restaurants, but who cares if it means you don't have to wait weeks with possibly a deadline looming? It isn't like you aren't going to eat on that day anyway...

• Like 1

Maybe they do have interests in the restaurants, but who cares if it means you don't have to wait weeks with possibly a deadline looming? It isn't like you aren't going to eat on that day anyway...

Agreed, great entrepreneurial move

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One day instead of three days? Bloody hell, the UK has trouble issuing same month passports!

Agreed but remember the British Embassy staff mantra. In case you have forgotten it, it goes like this:

"To do as little as possible for as many as possible for as much as possible"

Remember that and it all fits nicely in place

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

ha ha ha ....same in the USA, it can be slow.

Yes and like the UK you have the same morons holding everything up