Thailand to develop tourist spots to attract more Russian visitors

webfact

Thailand to develop tourist spots to attract more Russian visitors

rus.jpg

File photo. Source: Internet

BANGKOK, 9 April 2015, (NNT) - The Ministry of Tourism and and Sports and the Tourism Authority of Thailand are joining hands developing tourist spots in response particularly to Russian tourists' demands.

According to the Minister of Tourism and Sports, Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul, the new tourist spots are aimed at drawing tourists from the already overpopulated areas such as Bangkok and Pattaya to other cities.

The ministry plans to come up with traveling itinerary that particularly responds to Russian tourists' demands; for example, tie-in weight loss programs, which target female Russian travelers.

Ms. Kobkarn expects the plan to boost the number of Russian tourists, which currently stands at approximately 1 million, by 5% next year.

A Thai-Russian joint committee will soon be formed, which will be tasked with formulating marketing plans to entice more Russian travelers, especially those who like sport and those traveling with family members, to visit Thailand, said the minister.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-04-09 footer_n.gif

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ministry plans to come up with traveling itinerary that particularly responds to Russian tourists' demands; for example, tie-in weight loss programs, which target female Russian travelers.

Stereotyping, much,

Get some stickers printed for the taxis ''Thailand love fat Russian women...... long time''

>>The ministry plans to come up with traveling itinerary that particularly responds to Russian tourists' demands; for example, tie-in weight loss programs, which target female Russian travelers.<<

Welcome Olga and Natasha!! Hope you are not easily offended!!

Foot in mouth again from a Thai minister. Why are we not surprised??

>>According to the Minister of Tourism and Sports, Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul, the new tourist spots are aimed at drawing tourists from the already overpopulated areas such as Bangkok and Pattaya to other cities.<<

Please no, don't spread the disease.......................coffee1.gif

So now Bangkok and Pattaya are "overpopulated" by Russians ?

This article makes it sound like the Tourism Authority would like to remove them from these showcase cities and create their own Gulags. At the same time boosting their arrivals by 5%

Similar to the idea of having separate toilets for the Chinese ?

The Ministry of Tourism and and Sports and the Tourism Authority of Thailand are joining hands developing tourist spots in response particularly to Russian tourists' demands.

So . . . we should see more tourist spots with an overabundance of bars and hookers. Let's keep welcoming those quality tourists.

One hand of the government wants to attract more tourists whilst the other hand sends armed officials to confiscate brollies and beach mats from from other bewildered tourists who wish they'd gone to Malaysia, Indonesia etc instead....

Only one Russian "demand" that I have personal experience of is a demand for payment from our crew and guests when we dared to moor up near "their" island off Bang Tao Beach - backed up by threats of violence if we didn't cough up...............................

The Ministry of Tourism and and Sports and the Tourism Authority of Thailand are joining hands developing tourist spots in response particularly to Russian tourists' demands.

So . . . we should see more tourist spots with an overabundance of bars and hookers. Let's keep welcoming those quality tourists.

I can say in all my years of traveling, the only "vice" I have seen them partake in is whatever is the lowest price alcohol in a 7-11. If the country depended on them for supporting the "bars and hookers" you speak of, they would have about 8 rubles.....

Maybe You can remove sanctions on them which is a cause of low value of there currency, wait your starting to burning bridges with the US on second hand maybe China will partner with you to help boost ruble say by sending your finance minister there to put spin on there money. Send us your fat ugly woman we will starve them then after we take all there money they have left. We have good vacation spot Koh Tao They will love you to death.

I have a tourist venue and meet Russian tourists once in awhile. I hear stories of Russkies in southern beach resorts acting badly and getting drunk. But I don't see those type of Russkies, because my venue is outdoors and wholesome fun for the whole family - therefore I see the good end of the spectrum. As for 'weight-loss' programs, I bet dollars to donuts all those proposed or existing venues will have the same sugar-laden fattening crap on hand, as you find all over Thailand. It's like having an emphazema ward (cancer of the lungs) with cigarette machines. There are two reasons why there are so many fat people everywhere: lack of exercise, and SUGAR.

Maybe You can remove sanctions on them which is a cause of low value of there currency, wait your starting to burning bridges with the US on second hand maybe China will partner with you to help boost ruble say by sending your finance minister there to put spin on there money. Send us your fat ugly woman we will starve them then after we take all there money they have left. We have good vacation spot Koh Tao They will love you to death.

Mr Strangebrew.

Sometimes, when I read your posts, I wonder:

Did you choose your username or did the username choose you??

I've often wondered why a Chinese or Russian group did not buy a large chunk of land in, say Krabi or closeby, and build "Chinaland" or "Russialand" complete with their own hotels, restaurants, beach clubs, supermarkets, clubs and do what they like.

Someone with money and influence could schedule flights to Krabi and shuttle their people back and forth from the airport and they could make the bulk of the money rather than share it with the Thai hotels, restaurants and bars.

...and they could still have a fat clinic if they wanted.

With Russia's economy will Thailand give them a better exchange rate for their money or drastically reduce the cost of everything to get more Russians here? If not then nothing Thailand does will make people use what little money they have to come for holiday.

I've often wondered why a Chinese or Russian group did not buy a large chunk of land in, say Krabi or closeby, and build "Chinaland" or "Russialand" complete with their own hotels, restaurants, beach clubs, supermarkets, clubs and do what they like.

Someone with money and influence could schedule flights to Krabi and shuttle their people back and forth from the airport and they could make the bulk of the money rather than share it with the Thai hotels, restaurants and bars.

...and they could still have a fat clinic if they wanted.

Umm because as foreigners they can't buy land that's why. The sole exceptions are for BOI approved projects inside industrial estates that require a very large upfront payment.

The laws against foreigners buying land are probably in place EXACTLY to stop Russians, Chinese and Indians from buying land because they have such huge numbers and are cashed up.

Only one Russian "demand" that I have personal experience of is a demand for payment from our crew and guests when we dared to moor up near "their" island off Bang Tao Beach - backed up by threats of violence if we didn't cough up...............................

You should have mentioned Article 38.

Great idea! Drag them into designated areas and make sure they stay there. New slogan for the TAT: Amazing Thailand- From airport to Gulag in less than 50 minutes. Security guaranteed by electric fences just the way you valued it at home.

​ Amazing Thailand, indeed. Obesity at Thai government schools is constantly increasing. never heard of a program for their own folks.

Russian Roulette and Vodka comes to mind. thumbsup.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

Didn't they say that the Russian market was declining due to the fall of the ruble and the climb of the baht?

So they think that many of the Russian females are over-weight?

Every time the MOT comes out with this perpetual nonsense you are left shaking your head in disbelief to the level of stupidity.

Ok, sorry to put a dampener on everyone's good cheer right now, but what the heck, I'm going to anyway.

Some of you will remember the cold war and the Berlin wall. Some will remember Sting hoping that the Russians love their children too.

I think that anything that bring ALL cultures into closer proximity with each other will ( after hiccups) promote a greater world-wide understanding and maybe, just maybe, start us down a road that we should have been travelling long before now.

If you have a problem understanding this then just call me. If you do not have my number it is because you don't know me well enough to call me.coffee1.gifwai.gif