Thailand to develop tourist spots to attract more Russian visitors

webfact

Ok, sorry to put a dampener on everyone's good cheer right now, but what the heck, I'm going to anyway.

Some of you will remember the cold war and the Berlin wall. Some will remember Sting hoping that the Russians love their children too.

I think that anything that bring ALL cultures into closer proximity with each other will ( after hiccups) promote a greater world-wide understanding and maybe, just maybe, start us down a road that we should have been travelling long before now.

If you have a problem understanding this then just call me. If you do not have my number it is because you don't know me well enough to call me.coffee1.gifwai.gif

I think that anything that bring ALL cultures into closer proximity with each other will ( after hiccups) promote a greater world-wide understanding and maybe, just maybe, start us down a road that we should have been travelling long before now.

The posters on Thaivisa are the perfect example of, why your dream will remain just that, a dream!!rolleyes.gif

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've often wondered why a Chinese or Russian group did not buy a large chunk of land in, say Krabi or closeby, and build "Chinaland" or "Russialand" complete with their own hotels, restaurants, beach clubs, supermarkets, clubs and do what they like.

Someone with money and influence could schedule flights to Krabi and shuttle their people back and forth from the airport and they could make the bulk of the money rather than share it with the Thai hotels, restaurants and bars.

...and they could still have a fat clinic if they wanted.

The Russians have already done this near Pattaya and built one of the largest and ugliest hotels I've ever seen, and guess what, ONLY Russians are allowed to stay there. Opening up more tourist places for Russians just opens the door wider for the Russian mafia to expand in Thailand. Keep the Russians out, they are obnoxious, arrogant tourists. The Chinese aren't much better based on what I've seen of them in the last couple of weeks. God help Thailand if the Triads ever get a foothold.

The TAT has missed the boat again.

The Rooskies have almost evaporated like the gals in the low season. The Rouble is in rubble!

Now is the time to install electric fenced off sites for the Chinese and Koreans. They are used to this sort of thing!rolleyes.gif

As others have noted, this is indeed an odd time to be catering to the Russian tourists, as the Ruble is in ruin right now.

The strongest currency relative to the Thai Baht is probably the US Dollar (and all the currencies pegged to the dollar).

So broadening the appeal of Thai tourism to those countries would make a lot more sense.

Oh, never mind.tongue.png

Maybe You can remove sanctions on them which is a cause of low value of there currency, wait your starting to burning bridges with the US on second hand maybe China will partner with you to help boost ruble say by sending your finance minister there to put spin on there money. Send us your fat ugly woman we will starve them then after we take all there money they have left. We have good vacation spot Koh Tao They will love you to death.

Fantastic idea, take their money and dump them on Koh Tao ??

WHY? would they want MORE ignorant, rude Russians in Thailand.

Drunken louts that cause more trouble.

Mafia that sell drugs.

But T I T.

Just so they could put the cherry on the cake with the rest of the Thais that does not hate Farangs as yet...

As others have noted, this is indeed an odd time to be catering to the Russian tourists, as the Ruble is in ruin right now.

The strongest currency relative to the Thai Baht is probably the US Dollar (and all the currencies pegged to the dollar).

So broadening the appeal of Thai tourism to those countries would make a lot more sense.

Oh, never mind.tongue.png

What sense are you referring to ?

Oh lord, do we need more of those Russkies? why don't you just allow them to annex

some parts of Thailand where there are beaches and be done with that, like they

did to Crimea and the Ukraine....

I've often wondered why a Chinese or Russian group did not buy a large chunk of land in, say Krabi or closeby, and build "Chinaland" or "Russialand" complete with their own hotels, restaurants, beach clubs, supermarkets, clubs and do what they like.

Someone with money and influence could schedule flights to Krabi and shuttle their people back and forth from the airport and they could make the bulk of the money rather than share it with the Thai hotels, restaurants and bars.

...and they could still have a fat clinic if they wanted.

Umm because as foreigners they can't buy land that's why. The sole exceptions are for BOI approved projects inside industrial estates that require a very large upfront payment.

The laws against foreigners buying land are probably in place EXACTLY to stop Russians, Chinese and Indians from buying land because they have such huge numbers and are cashed up.

... and Farangs from the overpopulated areas of Western Europe...

Why not just clean the place up...

Close down attractions that are unsafe/broken until such time as they are safe...

An most of all... Remove all key TAT staff and get a management crew in that is not Thai and knows about Tourism and marketing

I have a tourist venue and meet Russian tourists once in awhile. I hear stories of Russkies in southern beach resorts acting badly and getting drunk. But I don't see those type of Russkies, because my venue is outdoors and wholesome fun for the whole family - therefore I see the good end of the spectrum. As for 'weight-loss' programs, I bet dollars to donuts all those proposed or existing venues will have the same sugar-laden fattening crap on hand, as you find all over Thailand. It's like having an emphazema ward (cancer of the lungs) with cigarette machines. There are two reasons why there are so many fat people everywhere: lack of exercise, and SUGAR.

...and of course, low alcohol vodka??

So now Bangkok and Pattaya are "overpopulated" by Russians ?

This article makes it sound like the Tourism Authority would like to remove them from these showcase cities and create their own Gulags. At the same time boosting their arrivals by 5%

Similar to the idea of having separate toilets for the Chinese ?

But how fantastic would it be if the Tourism Authority could actually achieve that!! The gulags, I mean...

Why not just clean the place up...

Close down attractions that are unsafe/broken until such time as they are safe...

An most of all... Remove all key TAT staff and get a management crew in that is not Thai and knows about Tourism and marketing

Don't be silly

WHY? would they want MORE ignorant, rude Russians in Thailand.

Drunken louts that cause more trouble.

Mafia that sell drugs.

But T I T.

You gotta stop sitting on the fence when it comes to Russians.... wink.png

Why ? try to attract people who have less money now with their devaluation...when their money dropped many Russians cancelled reservations to come and ones that were here seemed to flee back. I think this is just a way to waste money and skim allot off the Advertising budget. I realize that the Russians and Chinese are big travellers now that their

Home countries have allowed more travel outside of their Homeland but the Vietnamese had a saying about the Russian Tourists after the Vietnam War , that Russians were the same as American Tourists except , they did not

have any money and the Americans did !