Top 20 Of the worlds best cell phone photos

The Sony Photography Awards are out.

Here are the 20 best cell phone pix in the world...

According to what was submitted ot Sony that is...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/31/sony-world-photography-awards_n_6976552.html

http://www.worldphoto.org/about-the-sony-world-photography-awards

The first place winner...

post-146250-0-68986800-1428557740_thumb.

Edited by sunshine51
  • Like 2

imo, that winning shot is so worthy! thumbsup.gif

Because it brilliantly invites further inquiry & delving into their own predicament . . it's full of cliche . . it's gritty (no pun intended) . . it's rough 'n ready & as cheap as a bag of greasy back street Scarborough chips . . but it still makes me want to know so much more . . about them? art? the price of fish? photography? beached cetaceans? . . i could go on & on, but i might begin to start sounding weird if i do . .

• Like 2

If I could sum it up in one word it would be " Disturbing " but that is not to say I don't like it , I have been contemplating ...

A little too long actually , so I kind of figure it hits something , a nerve ,well maybe , but I figure this is up to the experts ...

In the meantime my beer is going warm sad.png

• Like 1

I guess photo competitions are very subjective as that winning photo is not as good as many of the others in my view.

But I'm a fan of the Sony Z series of mobile phones - and I think the better mobile phones have closed the gap on compact cameras to the point where I never use a compact camera and use my Z as my carry-around camera. These are some recent shots from my Sony mobile - and only a couple of years ago we were carrying a mobile and a compact to take general daily photos.

post-64119-14289455006681_thumb.jpg

post-64119-14289456495132_thumb.jpg

post-64119-14289456596117_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

^^^ FOTM...my missus has Sony's Z1 with their 20Mp sensor in it & the camera does a great job.

My SG4 has a 13Mp sensor in it and is also good...if I ever use it to take pictures that is.

Just think....what did we have as far as cameras in cell phones 10 years ago & the IQ produced

back then. It's only gonna get better n better IMO.

I still carry a compact (Can G16) with me almost daily though...old habits die hard!

• Like 1