Who to report Phishing that looks to originate from a Thai domain

connda

What government agency can I report a blatant Phishing scam email that references a Thai domain?

The phishing letter is below. In the header it shows [email protected] but the the actual source is:

[email protected]

I really detest the lowlife that engage in this type of crime. I figure that The Bank of Thailand and the authorities might want info like this if they truly wish to followup on this crime.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cbt.co.th
Domain: CBT.CO.TH
Registrar: T.H.NIC Co., Ltd.
Name Server: NS10.DATACENTERTHAI.COM
Name Server: NS9.DATACENTERTHAI.COM
Updated date: 12 Jan 2015
Created date: 14 Dec 2011
Renew date: 14 Dec 2014
Exp date: 13 Dec 2015
Domain Holder: Chatree Blow (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (?????????????????? ??????????????? ??????????????? (???????????????????????????) ???????????????)
60/30 T.Napa, A.Muang, Chonburi
TH
Tech Contact: 70405
Eastern Success Ltd.,Part
60/30 Napa, Muang, Chonburi
TH

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yahoo.co.jp

Domain Information: [??????????????????]
a. [???????????????] YAHOO.CO.JP
e. [???????????????] ?????????????????????????????????
f. [?????????] ?????????????????????
g. [Organization] Yahoo Japan Corporation
k. [????????????] ????????????
l. [Organization Type] Corporation
m. [???????????????] SI7100JP
n. [?????????????????????] NM5078JP
p. [??????????????????] ns01.yahoo.co.jp
p. [??????????????????] ns02.yahoo.co.jp
p. [??????????????????] ns11.yahoo.co.jp
p. [??????????????????] ns12.yahoo.co.jp
s. [?????????]
[??????] Connected (2015/11/30)
[???????????????] 2000/11/17
[???????????????] 2000/11/17
[????????????] 2015/02/27 10:26:20 (JST)

DEAR FUNDS OWNER,
This is to notify you that during the auditing and closing of all financial records of the CENTRAL BANK OF THAILAND (CBT) it was discovered from the records of outstanding foreign beneficiaries due for payment with The Government Office. However, I wish to let you know that Your name came out as the next on the list of those who will receive their Long -awaited fund for the year 2015.
Furthermore,I wish to officially notify you that your payment is being processed and will be released to you as soon as you respond to this letter.Kindly re-confirm the information below to enable this office Proceed and finalize your fund remittance without further delays.
Furnish us with the information bellow:
1. YOUR FULL NAME
2. YOUR FULL ADDRESS
3. YOUR TELEPHONE/ FAX
4. AGE
5. A COPY OF YOUR PASSPORT FOR PROPER IDENTIFICATION
6. YOUR OCCUPATION
7. YOUR BANKING DETAILS
As soon as the above information are received, your funds which is at the tune of $10,000,000,00 will be transferred to you through our online global wire transfer or through our bank delivery payment system.
Awaiting your urgent response to this official Notification.
BEST REGARDS,
YOURS SINCERELY,
DIRECTOR, WIRE & TELEX DEPT
CENTRAL BANK OF THAILAND. (CBT)
Edited by connda

Reporting is a waste of time.

Around since at least 2010.

http://antifraudintl.org/threads/central-bank-of-thailand.40457/

Forget it!

I have to agree with your advice. I researched it a bit and it seems like government agencies could give a rip (wonder why?).

But, thanks much for the scam link at antifraudintl.org. thumbsup.gif

In Canada there is Government "Agency" that you can report such scam to - thsey do not reply (they say on their website they won't) and they do the square root of nothing. I'd guess most countries are the same.

I find it amazing that there are plenty of people who still fall for these scams, and the crooks make money out of them. They say there is one (fool) born every minute - maybe every tenth of a millisecond?

• Like 1

In Canada there is Government "Agency" that you can report such scam to - thsey do not reply (they say on their website they won't) and they do the square root of nothing. I'd guess most countries are the same.

I find it amazing that there are plenty of people who still fall for these scams, and the crooks make money out of them. They say there is one (fool) born every minute - maybe every tenth of a millisecond?