Are we not valued as people here?

3 Thais caught for beating a lone Westerner. They're caught and declare they're sorry for hurting tourism and Thailand's image.

6 Thais caught for beating a lone Westerner. They're caught and declare they're sorry for hurting tourism and Thailand's image.

3 Thais caught for attacking a lone 22 yr old German with a hoe for fun (putting him on life support) and to copy cat the Koh Tao murders. They're sorry for hurting Thailand's image and tourism.

2 Thais caught on social media hitting elderly Westerners on the head with their sandals and laughing at them while videoing it. They're caught after a friend of a victim contacts the police and they are sorry for, yup, hurting Thailand's image and tourism.

Young Thai stabs a 70 yr old Westerner for brushing past him in the street. He is sorry for hurting Thailand's image and tourism, is fined 500b and released.

Why are they never sorry for the Western victims and are only sorry for hurting Thailand's image and tourism? blink.png Are we not valued as people here?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the cracks are showing in the assumption that Thai people dont engage in the street violence we see everywhere else in the world - the assumption being that their strong family ties and belief in karma prevents them from committing such acts. Given that Thais have been involved in mob attacks on other Thais for centuries, is there any possibility that it was simply fear of being caught and thrown in jail ? I'll leave that one for the old Thailand hands here, but I still wander the streets of Pattaya at night FWIW. You cant live your life in a bubble.

They don't care and will probably do it again, this kind of person will eventually kill someone and end up in prison.

I know a guy like the above mentioned people from back in the UK (he went to the same school as me) and he's currently in prison awaiting trial for murder.

" They're caught and declare they're sorry for hurting tourism and Thailand's image"

Can you show us where all of these people made this statement?

Is it just something you created to try to make your post provocative?

I seriously doubt that the kind of people who commit crimes like this care about Thailand's image or tourism industry in the least.

I seriously suspect you are a troll.coffee1.gif .

P.S., people who pray on tourist, "work" in the westernized tourist areas.

This is not a problem here in the rest of Thailand.

They don't care and will probably do it again, this kind of person will eventually kill someone and end up in prison.

I know a guy like the above mentioned people from back in the UK (he went to the same school as me) and he's currently in prison awaiting trial for murder.

Hopefully they are put away in prison before they actually kill someone.

as long as idiot westerners call themselves ' farangs' its hard to imagine anyone showing them any form of respect. can u imagine a chinese or thai guy in the uk calling himself a yellow man,,,

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

" They're caught and declare they're sorry for hurting tourism and Thailand's image"

Can you show us where all of these people made this statement?

Is it just something you created to try to make your post provocative?

I seriously doubt that the kind of people who commit crimes like this care about Thailand's image or tourism industry in the least.

I seriously suspect you are a troll.coffee1.gif .

Just in the past couple of days there was an article in the news on this site where the Thai perp was caught and apologized for hurting Thailand's tourism image. I posted just that phrase he used and I got a lot of likes. People understood what I meant. The Thai had committed a crime against a farang and his only printed apology was about the tourism slant.

I'm not going to look it all up because it's obvious that the OP is right about this.

Cheers

There was a story on here a couple of days ago about a farange fighting 3 Thais to stop them from stealing his motorcycle. He won but I wondered about the wisdom because stories of those guys coming up with knives or worse are so prevalent.

I searched and found 10 gang assaults in the first ten days so far this month in Pattaya.

An attack a day. ...and those are the ones that made the paper.

Off the top of my head, there were 2 Indians, 3 Brits a Polish guy and a lynchmob chasing the American lady away from the scene of a minor car accident.

Edited by jamesjohnsonthird

In the case I know of he did many years in prison on several occasions for violent crimes. They let him out yet again and this time he's killed someone.

Wake UP people, they dont want you here they only want your money.coffee1.gif

They are savages the lot of them. If not for the women being sexually suitable, most of us would not likely be here at all.

Please don't let the plastic smiles fool you - especially you older blokes with fading vision. Think of Thais as the hillbillies of Asia and take necessary precautions.

Wake UP people, they dont want you here they only want your money.coffee1.gif

They are savages the lot of them. If not for the women being sexually suitable, most of us would not likely be here at all.

Please don't let the plastic smiles fool you - especially you older blokes with fading vision. Think of Thais as the hillbillies of Asia and take necessary precautions.

Geez, the hillbilly women where I come from don't have any teeth but they make really good moonshine. tongue.png

What do you expect from kids growing up watching every day these so called Thai movies. Even my Thai isn't good enough to understand what is spoken in these movies, its always the same. Rich and beautiful young people permanent shouting, solving problems with a gun in their hand, beating up women and elderly, not even old enough to have finished an education but driving around with luxury cars and and and.... If you would have had to grow up with all this bullshit penetrating your brains on a daily basis, what do you think you would do when you are older and nobody gives you a car, a job, sufficient money to hang around with your friends? You would start to take it, and you would take it from those who you think that they are rich and don't belong to your country. Education starts early, about the same time envy starts

Fatfather

Nothing new, except for the being sorry to hurt tourism bit. I reckon the New Boss requires they say it.

Were they sorry for doing bad things? For causing harm to other people? Gee, doesn't get mentioned.

No, we are not valued.

Despite having done a massive amount of work up grading the famiy's houses, I have never had ONE "khop khun".

If I do anything now, it's for myself, not them.

We do have value as an ATM though, or at least till the money stops.

I am the same....I do for my wife and myself...the rest can go get nicked.

I don't think you can generalise about a whole nation,sure there are thugs and idiots,and money grabbing ungrateful people,but on the other side of the coin,there are good,helpfull and generous people,like anywhere,also we are talking of a majority of Thai people who have much less education than us,much less money,and little idea that a whole world exists outside Thailand,that could in some part explain some of the negative attitudes.

"3 Thais caught for attacking a lone 22 yr old German with a hoe for fun (putting him on life support) and to copy cat the Koh Tao murders. They're sorry for hurting Thailand's image and tourism."

Udon Thani.

"2 Thais caught on social media hitting elderly Westerners on the head with their sandals and laughing at them while videoing it. They're caught after a friend of a victim contacts the police and they are sorry for, yup, hurting Thailand's image and tourism."

Chiang Mai suburb.

I've only seen this phrase recently and I imagine they have been told to say it from a certain person.

Although we all know who has really done the most to hurt tourism.

=========

There are some really unpleasant and utterly selfish people here ( and I will include some of the wifes family and some of my neighbours on that) and yes it is a fair proportion of the population, but there is also many very nice, kind, understanding people here ( and I will include many of my wifes family and some of my neighbours in that). Don't let the unpleasant people tar your opinion of all the good Thai people. Just treat them as if they don't exist. It's what they really hate.

And yes Pattaya while there are many nice people there a place that is one of the worlds biggest sex tourist/pat destinantions in the world is always going to attract lots of scum from it's own country and from around the world.

I've only seen this phrase recently and I imagine they have been told to say it from a certain person.

Although we all know who has really done the most to hurt tourism.

=========

There are some really unpleasant and utterly selfish people here ( and I will include some of the wifes family and some of my neighbours on that) and yes it is a fair proportion of the population, but there is also many very nice, kind, understanding people here ( and I will include many of my wifes family and some of my neighbours in that). Don't let the unpleasant people tar your opinion of all the good Thai people. Just treat them as if they don't exist. It's what they really hate.

And yes Pattaya while there are many nice people there a place that is one of the worlds biggest sex tourist/pat destinantions in the world is always going to attract lots of scum from it's own country and from around the world.

Agree,Sir,with both parts of your post,for myself i have been to Pattaya once,and Jomtienski,once ,if i never set eyes on either place again,i will be a happy man.

Post removed

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.