Dusit Poll public opinion poll reveals general approval of govt efforts

webfact

Dusit Poll public opinion poll reveals general approval of govt efforts

BANGKOK, 13 April 2015 (NNT) - A poll has indicated general approval of the government’s swift efforts to tackle the nation’s problems, while urging the it to adhere to principles of justice and transparency.

The poll was conducted by Suan Dusit Rajabhat University on “What do Thai families think of Gen Prayut’s government?” between April 6 - 12, with 1,278 respondents. The poll listed various policies by the government and asked whether the respondents agreed with them.

Regarding Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha's assuming the premiership, 81.22 percent have agreed that his administration has swiftly addressed the country’s problems, 79.5 percent that the country has successfully resumed peace and order, and 76.84 percent that General Prayut has successfully cracked down on corruption.

Meanwhile, 85.05 percent have agreed with the government’s policies to restore happiness, 64.24 percent with anti-graft policies, 59.15 percent with reconciliation policies and 57.28 percent with the government’s societal restructuring efforts.

Regarding their list of expectations, 82.94 percent of respondents included justice and transparency, 80.83 percent included a decrease in commodity prices, 78.33 percent included progress and stability, and 77.46 percent included prosperity.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-04-13 footer_n.gif

This polling organization cannot possibly be professional.

It is misleading and ridiculous to report poll results as numbers like 81.22 percent.

For a poll of this magnitude, a margin of error should be calculated and reported, and would most likely be on the order of plus/minus 3 points.

Somebody should give these guys a clue. Every time they report poll results like this, they are opening themselves, and their poll results, to derision.

And that's just one fatal defect in this polling farce. There are others. facepalm.gif

• Like 2

YES, they are doing a good jobthumbsup.gif

As about the posters that don't agree with that and try to be funny (JOC), I suggest they go to bed and cry a lot so to drawn their sorrows.

Your opinions are irrelevant.......mine is sensiblethumbsup.gif

Your opinions are irrelevant.......mine is sensible

Costas very own Art 44, wonder who inspired you??post-218648-0-44157100-1428912749_thumb.

prayut jeep.htm

Edited by JOC
  • Like 2

Congratulations to The Junta for what are yet again amazing Opinion Poll Results, No one could possibility defeat them at the Polling Booth

"Meanwhile, 85.05 percent have agreed with the government’s policies to restore happiness" So 15% of Thais don't want Happiness (They must have asked some Farangs) ?

Amoungst all the somewhat dubious Figures there are some revealing figures. " Regarding their list of expectations, 82.94 percent of respondents included justice and transparency"

• Like 1

The nonsense of this polls seems to me as follows.

The pollster listed 'various' policies of the junta and asked if they agreed with them.

Who picked the 'various' policies and, more crucially, what were they?. Pretty selective I would have thought.

I just don't believe these polls, sorry Costas.

The nonsense of this polls seems to me as follows.

The pollster listed 'various' policies of the junta and asked if they agreed with them.

Who picked the 'various' policies and, more crucially, what were they?. Pretty selective I would have thought.

I just don't believe these polls, sorry Costas.

No comment:post-218648-0-42799900-1428924982_thumb.

• Like 1

This polling organization cannot possibly be professional.

It is misleading and ridiculous to report poll results as numbers like 81.22 percent.

For a poll of this magnitude, a margin of error should be calculated and reported, and would most likely be on the order of plus/minus 3 points.

Somebody should give these guys a clue. Every time they report poll results like this, they are opening themselves, and their poll results, to derision.

And that's just one fatal defect in this polling farce. There are others. facepalm.gif

Well at least the quoted %ages are near to whole figures of the 1,278 respondents to within 0.1%. Far better than some polls that give you half people, top, bottom, left, right or front, back, who knows?

Why can't the some Farangs on TV accept the fact that the majority of Thais support the government. Perhaps they don't know any Thais except bar girls and they live in their own Farang ghettos.

As about the posters that don't agree with that and try to be funny (JOC), I suggest they go to bed and cry a lot so to drawn their sorrows.

Well said. They don't seem to like it that the majority of Thais support the government. But perhaps they don't know any Thais except bar girls.

Hey Zorba! If I could call you what I'd like to call you on here and not be banned, I would. On the other hand, you could be just a closet red shirt who enjoys winding people up, so I won't give you the pleasure of getting all orgasmic at my expense.

You know I fought in a wars got medals from purple heart to silver star But I earned those defending freedom what wars did the now PM former General fight in to get his medals?

I was in Brunei during the Indonesian confrontation and all I ended up with was a campaign medal for being first three times in the NAAFI queue! He must have been like greased lightning!!

• Like 1

Well said. They don't seem to like it that the majority of Thais support the government. But perhaps they don't know any Thais except bar girls.

Very sad. In that one short sentence you stereotype all Thai's and all farangs.

• Like 1

You know I fought in a wars got medals from purple heart to silver star But I earned those defending freedom what wars did the now PM former General fight in to get his medals?

I was in Brunei during the Indonesian confrontation and all I ended up with was a campaign medal for being first three times in the NAAFI queue! He must have been like greased lightning!!

Have you noticed how they are all, from the Commanding General down to the security bod in Big C, para trained?

Pollster:

Do you agree with the policies of this government? Please keep in mind that if you don't agree you make yourself eligible for an attitude adjustment course.

Man in the street:

Of course I agree.

I know this is your attempt to be humorous at the expense of the government. If not, then expect a knock on the door, offering you a place in the adjustment course. So don't hesitate, as there are many on here just waiting to take their place at the head of the queue or maybe in need of being first in line. whistling.gif

I agree entirely. They don't like what the poll says so they try to make out that the poll is suspect. This is the Dusit poll, properly conducted and in the past fairly

accurate. By why do we have to take any notice of these "cry babies" when most of the country supports the governmant