Seeking clarification - Thai/USA dual citizen, married to USA citizen...how to bring her over

I have been attempting to research this but keep coming up with weird information and was hoping I could find an answer here.

Me - Born and raised in the USA....36 years old, I just received my Thai birth certificate and will be going to Thailand in 3 months to get my ID card, house registration and passport(may have to come back to the USA for that)...at which point I'm fully credentialed.

I am married to Her - 33 year old USA citizen.

I am considering moving to Thailand to work on a PhD, and perhaps staying permanently as a citizen that is the easy part....I just don't leave.

Here is where I am having confusion. Being that we are married, what visa do I need for her so that she does not have to leave the country every few months, or finagle a work/student visa. I keep seeing things that says she needs to be in Thailand for 3 years, but I think that is for permanent residency. I guess what I'm asking, how do I go about getting our USA marriage acknowledged by the Thai government so she has ease of stay (and work).

Thanks so much!

-Shlenier

Edited by shlenier

• 2 weeks later...

When you have your Thai ID, house registration book(blue book), your wife can apply for a non o marriage visa. She doesn't need proof of income since the husband is a Thai citizen. It is relatively simple and she just goes once a year for the extension and reports to immigration every 90 days.