Amazing - Uk Sv A Granted In 1 Week !

Well I was truely amazed and obviously delighted.

We submitted the application on 22nd Aug and thought an interview would be required and so expected to wait two months. I was then absolutely amazed when my wife rang me on 31st Aug to say they had granted the visa and she could collect it the next day.

Obviously as far as we were concerned they had no reason to refuse the visa as we are a 100% genuine married couple but due to various issues we expected an interview would definitely be required. I will go into those issues next but before I do I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who contributes to Thiavisa through asking questions and of course those valuable members who answer them.

Thanks guys, without you I would be clueless and wifeless !

So just in case someone out there might gain something from knowing a bit more about our situation I will briefly detail it.

My wife original came to the UK in 1998 with another English man. She only had a six month visitor visa and so overstayed, by seven years !

The English man who she came with told her not to worry and that he would sort it out but never did. She left him after approx 4 years and then met me. We got on so well that she moved in with me and we lived together for 2 years. As we couldn’t get married in the UK we decided to go back to Thailand to get married. Unfortunately my wife (or fiance at the time) had lost her passport. In order to get temporary travel documents from the Thai Embassy we had to report it lost to the police. Obviously as an overstayer she was a bit worried about going to police but they didn’t ask any questions about her legal status in the UK or anything that might cause problems so that was a relief.

Immigration were checking passports at Heathrow (Term 3) when we flew out in December and they were not too happy with the temporary travel documents and said they would send a report to the UK Embassy in Bangkok. Immigration in Thailand also interviewed my wife but they were really only checking things on their computer.

We had intended to apply for the SV immediately after getting married but due to family issues my wife needed to stay in Thailand for what ended up being 8 months.

It did however give me a lot of time to build up a nice fat folder of evidence for the visa application.

I have tried to keep the story brief so if anyone would like to know any more let me know.

Edited by slimsam