Genuine windows 7, buy where?

ayayay

But I believe Windows 10 is coming out in the next few months and offers free upgrade from windows 7/8 whether original or pirated copy. If someone can confirm this, it would be appreciated but I am pretty sure, so I'd hold off for a while.

Online is possible through Invadeit.com

Thank you, any personal experience buying from them? Shipping time?

I've ordered countless times from them and 100% satisfied with their service and prompt replies to any inquiries I made. Actually the only place I order computer items from now. It ships out of Hua Hin, so for me in Chiang Mai about 3 days via EMS. Bangkok, probably 1-2 days max.

Similar experience here, no probs at all.

• Like 1

You can be sure it is not a copy when buying in the places like BigC, Tesco and Central Plaza Computer Stores, like the Banana IT.

SOME dealers at Pantip might try to booth a copy on your hardisc.

And I side with the posters, why would you want an outdated copy of Windows, for which the support will soon be terminated. If you have learned Win7, you will also learn how to work with Win 10. Just don't put your head into the sand and insist it must be something that you have become used to. just do it, learn and proceed !

I have also ordered from InvadeIT a few times, good service, good & genuine products

Edited by crazygreg44

I think win7 is a fine OS. I have rebuilt PCs for years. I have never had a blue screen of death and it has virtually no maintanence. It is simply fine. Win8 was absurd and the notion that Win10 will be much better evades me. Central for many people is not wanting all the always on streams and feeds and tablet like tabs. The move to tie PC users into a nonstop online experience fails for many of us; it does for me. I have the sense that these changes are designed to encourage that.

• Like 2

Over the years I've bought the current original MS O/S in several different shops when getting a new computer. Registered & authenticate them online with MS and get regular updates and fixes. No problems.

When I wanted to get Windows 7 in Pattaya awhile back, the only version available was 64 bit, but it didn't have any problem dealing with software/programs I still had from before.

But I believe Windows 10 is coming out in the next few months and offers free upgrade from windows 7/8 whether original or pirated copy. If someone can confirm this, it would be appreciated but I am pretty sure, so I'd hold off for a while.

"We are upgrading all qualified PCs, genuine and non-genuine, to Windows 10"

Terry Myerson, who runs Microsoft's operating systems unit, announced the plan at the WinHEC technology conference in Shenzhen, China.

Microsoft has not released anything yet to clarify how free update will will work, but have stated that it will happen as soon as this summer.

It's unclear if a non-genuine upgrade will then become a genuine Windows 10 install, or how it can become a genuine Windows 10 "licensed" install and remain qualified to receive updates and security patches.

Also, text on some of their official Windows 10 pages seem to disqualify *some* editions from the upgrade offer.

windows.microsoft.com Windows 10 - About

Free Upgrade Offer *
Great news! We will offer a free upgrade to Windows 10 for qualified new or existing Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices that upgrade in the first year! And even better: once a qualified Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it up to date for the supported lifetime of the device, keeping it more secure, and introducing new features and functionality over time – for no additional charge. Sign up with your email today, and we will send you more information about Windows 10 and the upgrade offer in the coming months.

* Windows Offer Details
It is our intent that most of these devices will qualify, but some hardware/software requirements apply and feature availability may vary by device. The availability of the Windows Phone upgrade may vary by OEM, mobile operator, or carrier. Devices must be connected to the internet and have Windows Update enabled. ISP fees may apply. Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update required. Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1. Active Software Assurance customers in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise offerings outside of this offer. We will be sharing more information and additional offer and support terms in coming months.

It's unclear if a non-genuine upgrade will then become a genuine Windows 10 install, or how it can become a genuine Windows 10 "licensed" install and remain qualified to receive updates and security patches.

This part is outdated.

Non-genuine copies of MS Op systems can upgrade for free to Win 10, but their Win 10 will then still be considered non-genuine:

No, Microsoft Isn't Giving Free, Legitimate Windows 10 Upgrades to Pirates

Earlier this week, Microsoft told Reuters that it would provide free Windows 10 upgrades to people running “genuine and non-genuine” versions of Windows when the new operating system comes out this summer.

Translated from geek speak, it sounded as if Microsoft would be giving everyone, even people running pirated versions of Windows, the option to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Many publications, including Yahoo Tech, reported that pirates would be given amnesty for their stolen versions of Windows and be given, for free, a licensed version of Windows 10.

If that sounds too good to be true, it is.

When Terry Myerson, head of Microsoft’s Operating Systems group, made the announcement, he left out a specific but important caveat, which is that any upgrade from a pirated version of Windows would be registered as non-genuine. In other words, the upgrades won’t be legit in Microsoft’s books.

If you’ve ever used a non-genuine version of Windows and tried to upgrade it, you’ve likely noticed that as soon as Microsoft’s servers see that your copy of Windows is illegitimate, the desktop flashes black and adds bars that tell you your Windows install is non-genuine. You also get a ton of annoying notifications telling you to upgrade to genuine Windows.

Obviously, pirated versions of Windows are apt to carry malicious software, given that they usually come from unknown sources via peer-to-peer networks.

If you’re running a non-genuine version of Windows 7 or 8, Microsoft still lets you download critical security updates — better to keep everyone safe — but you can’t get optional updates or use Microsoft’s built-in Windows Defender security software.

Microsoft hasn’t said how it will handle non-genuine versions of Windows 10, which means that we don’t know if those using non-genuine versions will have access to security updates.

Here’s what Microsoft told us about the matter:

“We have always been committed to ensuring that customers have the best Windows experience possible. With Windows 10, although non-Genuine PCs may be able to upgrade to Windows 10, the upgrade will not change the genuine state of the license. Non-Genuine Windows is not published by Microsoft. It is not properly licensed, or supported by Microsoft or a trusted partner. If a device was considered non-genuine or mislicensed prior to the upgrade, that device will continue to be considered non-genuine or mislicensed after the upgrade. According to industry experts, use of pirated software, including Non-Genuine Windows, results in a higher risk of malware, fraud (identity theft, credit card theft, etc), public exposure of your personal information, and a higher risk for poor performance or feature malfunctions.”

So, yes, you’ll be able to upgrade your pirated version of Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10, but it’s not going to be a full-on legitimate upgrade, and there’s no guarantee that you’ll still be able to get all of the important software updates you’ll need.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/no-microsoft-isnt-giving-114144804234.html

More:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/20/windows-10-free-upgrade-for-pirates-not-so-fast

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/2190/sorry-microsoft-is-not-giving-free-windows-10-to-pirates

Online is possible through Invadeit.com

Thank you, any personal experience buying from them? Shipping time?

2 Thumbs up for InvadeIT. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif Ordered many times. Nothing but good experience.

Shipping time:: For me it has been within 24-48 hours of shipping the items. But it will also depend on where you live and the method of shipping you choose.