Your Songkran Highlights of this Year

Stan42

So I stockpiled beer and canned food so I wouldn't have to go out. Still there's a bunch of people directly below my apartment blasting loud music and water till midnight. I popped open my window to have a smoke, Psy's Gangnam style was playing when I heard a screech and bang. My neighbors went down to inspect: Turns out two drunk girls were crossing the road when an equally drunk driver simply drove into them, flinging one girl into a telephone booth, smashing it, while the other got half stuck in the windshield. The music stopped, a crowd gathered, and the ambulance arrived 10 min later.

So... what were your highlights of this year's Songkran festival?

hummm... the girl i've dated a few times turning up on sunday, followed by a lady from a web site on monday and an ex-gf showing up on wednesday. you have to love the loneliness of thai women at songkran.

Edited by samsensam

Apparently there was some water play on Monday but that was it. I missed it as I was inside all day. When I went out for dinner Monday night it was all over.

This is on the outskirts of Hua Hin. Looks like 1000's of people headed here for their long weekend and short Songkran.