Aussies Living In Hua Hin

xtcm8

My wife and I have been living in Hua Hin for a couple of months and will be here for another 3 or 4 months. During this time we have not come across another Aussie, although we are sure there must be a few here. If there are any Aussies out there looking to meet up, we would like to hear from them.

In response to TigerandDog, I am an Australian national living in Hua Hin.

I personally have met 6 other Australians living here permanently, and none of them are current bar owners (although one is a former bar owner).

Edited by JimHuaHin

Understand how you feel ..lived here in Hua Hin (Soi 88) for 2 years ..not too many Aussies ..but there are a few. I am retired so past the bar scene ..but have met a few where I have my coffee regularly - 'Burgers & Beer", 2nd floor, Market Village...by the middle entrance from car park ..and opposite Amazon Coffee ..but B&B is much better coffee and they know how to make a 'flat white' ...run by a Pom called Ken and his wife 'Seeya' (splelling??)

I will brobably be there Monday or Tuesday around 11.00am ..maybe see you...

Hey xtcm8, when I read out your post to my wife, she asked if I wrote it as they are our circumstances exactly. When we first arrived here in early Feb there were Scandies everywhere. They seemed to have gone home now and it is mainly Russians and Germans down our way at Takiab (other side of Monkey Mountain). We normally head into town on the weekends to watch either rugby code, normally at El Murphys. Here we've met a few Aussies, Kiwis, Brits etc but the majority are just passing through.

I think because HH is not that well known to Aussies back home, hence not many find their way here. Go to Phuket or Pattaya, then that is a whole different story. I guess also, a lot depends on your age, lifestyle etc as to whether you would be in a position to meet other Aussies. I'm sure there are a few around. Just got to find them. Cheers.

Find Soi 80 and go into the first bar on the left as you walk up the hill. It's called Bar 80 and you can pretty much

guarantee you will find Australians there at least in the evenings.

Thanks to everyone for their input, this is a great place to get info.

Anyone interested in an Aussie dinner one night?

If yes, send me a personal message with a suggested venue and we'll organise something.

Kevin Chaffey

• 3 weeks later...

Seems there are a few of us around.

I am away until first week July, maybe we can get together then either in town or somebodys place, mine would be available for a barbie or whatever.

I guess I should advise I follow Collingwood.

Kevin,

We're back in HH tomorrow evening (6th) from our Saigon trip. Will have to catch up for dinner or something later in the week.

Icecool, I'm a big origin supporter therefore keen to watch the game live. When you say Aussie bar, which one are you referring to exactly? As long as you are wearing maroon, I'll talk to you :)

And Topcroc, sounds like a great idea. It would be good to have an Aussie type BBQ one night when you are back in town. xtcm8 Kevin has suggested something similar, but if you miss that one, I'm sure we can do another when you're actually here. Cheers.

Jim

Good thread guys. I spend about 6 months of the year in Thailand and would like to be in Hua Hin more often. But the apparent lack of Aussies there has meant most of my time is in Pattaya. Now I like mixing with most nationalities but when it comes to watching and discussing sport I am far more comfortable with being around fellow Aussies. I especially like mixing with Brits but when they start on about their Premier League footy then you feel completely left outta the loop. So, since there are heaps of Aussie bars in Pattaya one can watch AFL, NRL and cricket and comfortably talk the talk.

I'm back in LOS in 3 weeks and will get down to Hua Hin and check out the bars mentioned here. It would be great if an Aussie scene developed down there. I know heaps of Aussies who are cheesed off with Pattaya and looking for somewhere else to go. Cheers Flanno

there are about 10 aussies playing golf with the butterfly rock social club based at imperial lakeview.The pickleball club(mixture of tennis,badminton and table tennis) have a few aussies among their 40 or so expats playing at palmhills sports club every tues/thursday.,plenty of aussie around,probably not on the forums,maybe we should start an aussie social club?..will be back in cairns for first state of origin,but will be back in hua hin for rest of footy season.

there are about 10 aussies playing golf with the butterfly rock social club based at imperial lakeview.The pickleball club(mixture of tennis,badminton and table tennis) have a few aussies among their 40 or so expats playing at palmhills sports club every tues/thursday.,plenty of aussie around,probably not on the forums,maybe we should start an aussie social club?..will be back in cairns for first state of origin,but will be back in hua hin for rest of footy season.

Let me guess, are you from Machans Beach?

I lived up the beach at Clifton Beach for a decade or so, before retiring here.

An Aussie social club would be a good idea, and could act as a social support group.

An Aussie social club would be a good idea, and could act as a social support group.

spot on jim,have a house on the esplanade at machans,lived in brisbane before that,now in hua hin.

Havent been in cairns for a few years,so i thought i would catch up with a few mates for the first state of origin.

may be we could try and get some interest here on setting up an aussie network,especially with the footy season on at the moment.

spot on jim,have a house on the esplanade at machans,lived in brisbane before that,now in hua hin.

Havent been in cairns for a few years,so i thought i would catch up with a few mates for the first state of origin.

may be we could try and get some interest here on setting up an aussie network,especially with the footy season on at the moment.

Umm ...

I lived in Brownsville for 7 years before Cairns, and Calamvale in Brissby for 6 years before that ... originally from Ballarat.

• 4 months later...

If you like australian wines; I've a great message for you.

On sunday evening, we the independant Hua Hin Wine Club, are organizing a great tasting of 18 different australian wines from boutique wineries.

Venue: Baan Laksasubha- Hua Hin

If you like to join, don't hesitate! It's still possible.

See

https://www.facebook.com/events/146073107425771/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/177792315885696/?fref=ts