Police hunt for group of Chinese tourists

Thaivisa News

Geez they never heard of bumping a car outta the way i seen many a time 2 security doing such a practice, and have had to do myself with the assistance of 1 or 2 other people.

With the handbrake on? I don't believe you.

This group could simply have "bounced" the car out of the way regardless of whether it was in gear or had the brake on.

Here's how:

https://youtu.be/onRkiA7m9sg

And everybody learns this where? I would have never known to do that, but thanks for the video.

• Like 1

It is only evidence that the Chinese are more civilized than the Thais. So many times I saw à car blocked by another in a parking or street.

It would not be long before someone blocked you if you got a bay spot on a lower floor at the airport multi-storey.

The habit is to leave the handbrake off though.

Under the seat of my motorcycle I carry an old padlock, opened but with no key which I may use one day if I get blocked in by a rider who locks up, steering included, behind me.

Come on! You can't shuffle a couple of bikes around? I agree it can be iritating, but it's no biggie. In certain places (e.g. Tukcom) space is very limited, so I go with the Thai flow on this one for a change - Thais think nothing of it when you move their bikes.

It is only evidence that the Chinese are more civilized than the Thais. So many times I saw à car blocked by another in a parking or street.

It would not be long before someone blocked you if you got a bay spot on a lower floor at the airport multi-storey.

Under the seat of my motorcycle I carry an old padlock, opened but with no key which I may use one day if I get blocked in by a rider who locks up, steering included, behind me.

Come on! You can't shuffle a couple of bikes around? I agree it can be iritating, but it's no biggie. In certain places (e.g. Tukcom) space is very limited, so I go with the Thai flow on this one for a change - Thais think nothing of it when you move their bikes.

Of course, no problem with a small bike or scooter.

Different story with a big bike of say anything from 400 to 600 poungs plus!

If you try to move it and drop it - you pay

Years ago I had a 1300cc Yamaha Ventura Royal with a wet weight of almost 800 pounds. More is the panniers and top box were full.

No reverse and I only parked it against the kerb where the road ran down to the kerb ONCE!

At least the Goldwing had a reverse option by the starter motor.....

Yes I had to mount the kerb to get away and if I had been cought I would have been fined! (UK)

I agree extreme measures were applied by these people to extricate themselves and they should be brought to justice if this was a public parking area there should have been someone there to help them in the first place.

It seems that if there is one thing worse than the locals' driving, its their parking smile.png

In my experience, they don't park cars, they just abandon them as close as possible to were they want to be.

Ain't that the truth! !

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It seems that if there is one thing worse than the locals' driving, its their parking smile.png

Although its possible, why would a 'local' be driving a car with Bkk plates?

Too bad there aren't tow companies handy to come and tow away the offending vehicle and only release upon a 5000 baht payment. That would teach people to park correctly after a few incidents of coming out of the mall looking for a car that has disappeared, then having to wander in the hot sun looking for their vehicle.

Yea.... and it's also TOO BAD Thailand does not have a functioning police dept. Well with no rule of law.... I guess anything goes.... especially if your of the "elite" clan.

Good on em.

Infuriating as this is, and it happens a lot in shopping mall car parks, you really think it justifies criminal damage?

Perhaps they should have waited and kicked shit out the owners for daring to forget not to put their hand brake on?

At Central Ladphrao the security guys have a nice little jack trolley to move such vehicles and then leave the windscreen wipers stuck out as a little note for for you.

• Like 1

The best system I saw was in Abu Dhabi. If blocked in you call the police. They SMS the registered driver who has a fixed time to move the vehicle or it get's towed, and expensive to get back.

No fuss, no arguing, that's how it is.

• Like 1

Geez they never heard of bumping a car outta the way i seen many a time 2 security doing such a practice, and have had to do myself with the assistance of 1 or 2 other people.

This group could simply have "bounced" the car out of the way regardless of whether it was in gear or had the brake on.

Here's how:

Didn't know that..,

Yep! I've seen it too

That's ok. But then, please don't be stupid as the Thais and don't activate the steering-lock.

Would have done the same thing myself, next time the Nissan driver will not be so inconsiderate,

but i would have made sure there was no CCTV around.

regards worgeordie

Some of the newer cars are total electronic/computerized, not letting owner park the car in neutral with hand brake off. I have one such car. I can turn off engine, but all the lights int and ext stay on as well as the ''idiot'' warning buzzer to let you know the transmission is not in park. if i cant find parking in a stall, I leave the complex and go elsewhere.

Not easy but it can be done with 2 or 3 strong guys..

Handbrake locks the back wheels only.

However, if car not in neutral... impossible.

Good for them.

Have done it twice myself over the years.

Once in the carpark at Banana disco years ago, and once at Central shopping mall in Phuket.

30 minutes grace time and someone's losing a window.

WOW, DLick. You da man!

Try that on my vehicle and you'll be in a world of hurt

Do you like hospital food (through a straw)???

And since he would be long gone away from your ignorantly parked vehicle how do you propose to do that?

If you happened to be in the vicinity I would hope you would simply move the vehicle.

And perhaps apologise.... but maybe not.

• Like 1

I do admit that is what I manage to do mostly, plus when I park I do pick a place where I am unlikely to be blocked in.

But if I find a blocker with locked steering I feel a little incensed, as the guy obviously parked with no consideration, maybe even a little maliciousness.

At Tuk-Com, on the rare times I go nowadays (can never park), I go to the multi-storey as riding round and round looking for a spot is a waste of time.

Perhaps relieving myself in the helmet over the handlebars is a better idea? :D