Cheapest flight out of Bangkok for a visa run?

Green

thanks! How much time do I need to allow between the arrival and return? And do I need any forms or just go and return and the visa will be stamped accordingly? 25th is my last day on a TVx2.

Edited by Green

AirAsia flight day round trip to KL. Usually just over B3,000. Plenty of flights to and from.

Go thru passport control and immigration (90 day visa) and then proceed to departures. Give yourself say 60m if you've checked in both ways on-line.

No forms or photos required.

Enjoy

Edited by hathairat2711

air asia is fine to kl , i have flown this many times, I have actually found sunday night flights are the worst = many delayed flights .

revamp of new kl airport is adequate just have a plan where you want to go and how to get there prior as its quite hectic.

I would recommend against the 40 minute turnaround illustrated in post #8...your return flight would be boarding 10 mins after you landed and you'd be at risk of missing that flight.

If you fly Air Asia, you'll be flying into KLIA2 (or LCCT - Low Cost Carrier Terminal). Depending upon gate assignments, you could have a good 10-20 minute walk from the gate where you land to the immigration counters and an equally long walk back to your departing flight (quite possibly the same plane from which you just disembarked.)

I'd say 90 minutes minimum to be safe. If it were me, I'd give myself two hours on the ground.

I would recommend against the 40 minute turnaround illustrated in post #8...your return flight would be boarding 10 mins after you landed and you'd be at risk of missing that flight.

If you fly Air Asia, you'll be flying into KLIA2 (or LCCT - Low Cost Carrier Terminal). Depending upon gate assignments, you could have a good 10-20 minute walk from the gate where you land to the immigration counters and an equally long walk back to your departing flight (quite possibly the same plane from which you just disembarked.)

I'd say 90 minutes minimum to be safe. If it were me, I'd give myself two hours on the ground.

You're right, it can be a long walk to that particular gate.

90 - 120 minutes in between flights. Will also give you a breather in between flights.

cannot go directly to the gate ? like transit dont need to pass the immi ?

You need a entry stamp and a exit stamp if you fly to a country and come from a country where you usually are stamped in and out.

Fly to europe and can try your - only - transit area. wink.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

LCCT no longer exists, Air asia built KLIA2 agree 10min walk if fast , high tourists so can easily wait 30 - 40 minutes some days for clear customs, other times can be 10 min wait , bit of a lottery. give yourself at least 2 - 3 hours min assuming flights not delayed even then you still pushing it.

LCCT no longer exists, Air asia built KLIA2 agree 10min walk if fast , high tourists so can easily wait 30 - 40 minutes some days for clear customs, other times can be 10 min wait , bit of a lottery. give yourself at least 2 - 3 hours min assuming flights not delayed even then you still pushing it.

Was just there over the last week and the locals appear to be using the KLIA2 and LCCT terms interchangeably....? Dunno but agreed, KLIA2 is the official name of the terminal into which Air Asia now flies.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes , LCCT is used as the cargo terminal now for freighting, The switch was done i think second half of last year from LCCT to KLIA 2 , Geographically its situated at the back of KLIA2 10minutes in train . You can go there as i have done many times for freighting but you cannot catch commercial plane as its pretty much ghost town now. Air Asia owned and controlled LCCT as part of there opening but they out grew it. so Air Asia built KLIA2 did you notice how narrow the corridors are to cut costs hahaha . Have a closer look at the workmanship next time you there . try get those specs passed in western world.

LCCT no longer exists for trading , Air asia built KLIA2 . agree 10min walk if fast , high tourists so can easily wait 30 - 40 minutes some days for clear customs, other times can be 10 min wait , bit of a lottery. give yourself at least 2 - 3 hours min assuming flights not delayed even then you still pushing it.

Was just there over the last week and the locals appear to be using the KLIA2 and LCCT terms interchangeably....? Dunno but agreed, KLIA2 is the official name of the terminal into which Air Asia now flies.

• 11 months later...

AirAsia flight day round trip to KL. Usually just over B3,000. Plenty of flights to and from.

Go thru passport control and immigration (90 day visa) and then proceed to departures. Give yourself say 60m if you've checked in both ways on-line.

No forms or photos required.

Enjoy

so you dont need any visas from your home country? you only need your passport and the 30 days they give all tourists?