Broken-hearted trans woman takes own life

Thaivisa News

Amnat Charoen: –Police reported a suicide involving a trans woman who hung herself who appeared very festive after joining the water-splashing festival for the last time before her death.

Captain Jen Wisetrum of Amnat Charoen police station checked the scene after the family alerted police to the untimely death.

Jen found PatcharapaThaworn, 28, died with the noose around her neck and lied on the floor of her room.

There was no sign of foul play.

The victim’s father NikomThaworn, 56, told police that he cut down the rope before police arrived.

Patcharapa was born his son who identified with the female gender, Nikom said.

She got the sex change operation to become a complete trans, he said.

She was popular and good-looking as attested by numerous awards won from beauty pageants for trans.

She recently moved from her home in Mueang district to work at Warinchamrab district.

There she met her boyfriend and they lived together.

Just days before her return home to celebrate Songkran, her boyfriend broke up with her for another woman.

She came home with a broken heart although she spent time having fun for the past two days. On the night before her death, she joined the festivities until almost midnight.

In the morning, the father said she did not come down for breakfast prompting him and his wife to check and discover her suicide.

He said he did not suspect his trans daughter to take her own life even though he was aware of her telephone call to the ex-boyfriend.

The telephone conversation appeared heated but she looked ok and smiling before going out to join her friends for water splashing, he said.

So sad, it is hard for anyone to grasp the torment that must have gone through her mind, that convinced her the only escape was suicide. There is always a better way out, this is the time when family and friends must gather around and support her. Generally time heals all wounds. The problem is the recognition by others of this torment.

• Like 1

A improper attempt at humor and replies to it has been removed.

Thanks, Joe. The post wasn't even humor, considering the member with the mentioned username.

How can anybody make jokes when somebody commits suicide is absolutely unacceptable.

• Like 1

...very sad....

...I just wonder if there are more 'others' in Thai society than in others.......

....I would guess yes...if so...would it be because of 'environmental conditions' or 'social conditions'....???

So sad, it is hard for anyone to grasp the torment that must have gone through her mind, that convinced her the only escape was suicide. There is always a better way out, this is the time when family and friends must gather around and support her. Generally time heals all wounds. The problem is the recognition by others of this torment.

Time does Heal, but its always at the back of your Mind....

I can see how an aging ladyboy would be a prime candidate fro suicide, but 28 years old seems very young.

May I remind you of the teacher in Ubon who'd hang himself and posting a note on his facebook page before: "See ya soon" last year in Ubon?

It's not about an aging ladyboy now, it's about people who commit suicide.

And now I'd like to be very honest.

When I was young, I went trough "rough water". Taking my own life to end something was in my brain several times. But why?

There were things in my life, I could easily have changed by my own. But i didn't see it this way. That's when people think about to give up.

We all think different. Thank Buddha. But when a 28 year old's taking her own life, it's just sad. Very sad.

I truly hope that there's a heaven......blink.png