Chinese woman arrested for begging

Thaivisa News

Nakhon Nayok: A Chinese woman was arrested in Nakhon Nayok Monday and is facing a deportation for having illegally soliciting public donations.

Cui Zigui, 59, was arrested on the Nakhon Nakyok-Dong Lakhon Road near the old Nakhon Nayok Market, Nation TV reported.

Police found her carrying a piece of paper that has been properly sealed. The paper states: “Dear kind-hearted people, my husband has been hit by a car and his brain has been damaged. We have run out of money for his treatment. We have young children and we are poor. Please share your money to help us, thank you.”

The woman has been spotted acting as a deaf-mute and using hand sign to beg for money.

Police found her passport and learned that she arrived from Wuhan Tianhe on an AirAsia flight on March 9.

Police had her called someone she knew and the person who answered the call said he was in Nakhon Ratchasima. Police tell the person to meet her at the Mueang Nakhon Nayok police station.

The Nakhon Nayok Social Development and Human Security Office told police to seek the revocation of her tourist visa as she had violated the condition of country entry as a tourist and she has been earning money as a beggar.

The Nakhon Nayok police then handed her over to the immigration police to process her deportation.

Police said many Chinese people have been illegally soliciting donations by using the same trick with the woman –displaying a piece of paper in areas where there are a lot of people, especially at food shops.

Damn... I should have gotten a Beggar's Degree.

Now that beggars belief. Do you think we can beg our way into the Beggar's Banquet ? I have my beggar's bowl.

Sorry for being so flippant.

Edited by Mot Dang

' Police said many Chinese people ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,using the same trick with the woman ' Do they arrive in Pattaya by the bus load then form a line with the woman and all hold their bowls out ? More Chinese tourists , thata what the country needs. Oh and as a Brit. on state pension , if the Baht goes down to 47-quid I might need to become a silly old begger.

' Police said many Chinese people ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,using the same trick with the woman ' Do they arrive in Pattaya by the bus load then form a line with the woman and all hold their bowls out ? More Chinese tourists , thata what the country needs. Oh and as a Brit. on state pension , if the Baht goes down to 47-quid I might need to become a silly old begger.

Maybe time to get your bowl out it's already there 47 that is.

So a foreigner is caught begging... no connection with this incident and the surprise new law to ban begging that the Junta is devoting its precious time and effort to seeing through now?

Many of the beggars here are children and people that have been trafficked into Thailand with no regard for their welfare. They are begging under bridges, on saphan loys or lie on sidewalks to collect funds for someone other than themselves. You often see them begging near police kiosks if that's of any help to you. As far as the Chinese tourist goes... It's a case of fraud and working illegally with the proper visa.

Damn... I should have gotten a Beggar's Degree.

Now that beggars belief. Do you think we can beg our way into the Beggar's Banquet ? I have my beggar's bowl.

Sorry for being so flippant.

Beg your pardon.

Ditto.

It does seem heartless and inhumane to have beggars being rousted out. It's just the beggar-pimps that are behind them, unseen but actually the ones deploying their troops & collecting the returns in so many cases, and in some cases the expertly-disguised scam that's actually what you're seeing out there on the street, that makes people want something done about it. Most people feel a need to be generous toward the truly needy and have a charitable sense & want to help, but are alienated and antagonized by scams that play on these instincts and which might even be exploiting the children sometimes involved.