Long queue at Bangkok hair salon, why?

Thaivisa News

Bangkok:- During the past year, a hair stylist has made sure no more than seven customers get the services from his salon each day.

Rattapak Bandhitchai, now 35, has still strictly enforced this unusual rule until today.

“I am an artist. I don’t want to rush when working on customers’ hairstyles,” he tells Thairath.

Haircut fees at his AKADE Hair Salon, which sits inside a housing estate in Bangkok’s Lat Phrao district, start from Bt700. Hair coloring and hair perm services are also available, at a much higher cost.

Despite these high rates, the queue for the services is long.

Some people need to wait for nearly one month before they can walk into AKADE hair salon.

Rattapak learnt hair-cutting and hairdressing techniques since he was 14 years old. Before he started his own business, he worked for a very famous hair salon that operated inside a luxury mall.

Ake does not put his hair salon in a prime location like that, though.

“I’ve set up my salon inside my own home,” he says, “The fact that the salon is going well reflects that customers prioritize quality services. It means if you are good at what you are doing, customers will come to you no matter where you are”.

Asked about his shop’s expertise, Ake says, “We are very good at providing Japanese short haircuts. With our services, customers will find it easy to set their hairstyle at home over the next three months”.

When I live in Birmingham (UK) the woman in the flat upstairs always travelled to London to have her hair cut. 200 mile round trip and she was nothing special - neither was her hair. So, it does happen.

I'm with the 100 baht brigade.

I have a friend in Holland who is a hairdresser and he thought he worked to hard and made to many hours a day.

So he raised his prices to almost double the previous price. He thought that would scare away many of hist customers (which it did)

But after 3 months or so he had twice as much customers then before. They all thought that with his prices he must be a hell of hairdresser. (which he is) lol.

I don't know if there is a point to this story but here it is anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

weird post but it must be quite tiring standing up all day trimming hair and small talking....

I think Bangkok is great for salons, you certainly have a lot to choose from. I prefer to pay in the middle and have a nice lady that can speak English with me rather than the super cheap asleep on the sofa or candy crush salons. I usually pay 450 baht for mine at Zahara salon in Sukhumvit 13, some hotties work there.

Another good place that is very easy to get to from BTS Ploenchit is this one savanna hair nail salon bangkok ploenchit

And Zenred gets very good reviews for Western style hair. mind you the older we get the less we care about our hair, the receding has already started for me...time is of the essence now..