Lamphun

DavidOxon

Lampun

There is a little estate of "houses from the king" on the way in from San Patong, 2up, 2 down for 390,000bht

I believe you can move in for 2,000bht and pay 2,000bht a month (forever .... well your gf could)

Not many people have mentioned it's a factory town, for those of you that don't know the factories only employ ladies.

So the population is about 10:1 females to guys, on Fridays and Saturdays, that's a lot of females out on the lookout.

My pals sometimes go up there to get laid ..... no payment required.

Nothing else to do there, but it' not too far from ChiangMai so you might not go completely insane.

Nice restaurants near the river just beyond the train station.

That's hilarious. I got picked up by four girls from the pickle factory one time. They were extra nice. Insisted on giving me a ride to my door.

On my fist trip to Lamphun, me and another farang, stumbled across the river restaurants. The one we went to was great and resonable, the larger, fancier place seemed real expensive. We easily found some kind of street music with large beer promotion and nice people. As far as real estate, the prime locations are expensive (like CM, not BKK), but I think the other posters have given accurate rental prices.

I have found Lamphun to be a pretty good compromise between the crowded, but more exciting, big city and the solitude of living in the country. This is a very good place for riding a bicycle, as the traffic is pretty light, except for the starting/quiting times of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, and almost everything you will need, if you can drink cheap Thai beer and don't wear brown socks, is within a couple of miles. There are daily buses running between Lamphun and Chiangmai from 6 am to 9pm, I believe those times are still current, and I have been told that there is also a free daily shuttle bus that runs between the Queen Chamadevi monument and Big C, one of the "superstores" in Chiangmai, although I have not personally taken it. I have even found my adsl internet connection to be pretty good, but that may be because I don't spend all day and night downloading bittorrents. Higgy

No reason to go to the Big C in CM, there is one in Lamphun, also a Makro. On the Superhighway at the overpass.

I have found Lamphun to be a pretty good compromise between the crowded, but more exciting, big city and the solitude of living in the country. This is a very good place for riding a bicycle, as the traffic is pretty light, except for the starting/quiting times of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, and almost everything you will need, if you can drink cheap Thai beer and don't wear brown socks, is within a couple of miles. There are daily buses running between Lamphun and Chiangmai from 6 am to 9pm, I believe those times are still current, and I have been told that there is also a free daily shuttle bus that runs between the Queen Chamadevi monument and Big C, one of the "superstores" in Chiangmai, although I have not personally taken it. I have even found my adsl internet connection to be pretty good, but that may be because I don't spend all day and night downloading bittorrents. Higgy

No reason to go to the Big C in CM, there is one in Lamphun, also a Makro. On the Superhighway at the overpass.

Its desperation time on the Chiang Mai Forum; responding to a post that is over 4 years old.:lol: