Expat TV or any other kind of TV

cmsally

I'm researching my choices when it comes to TV as WETV has nothing worth watching any more.

Can anyone confirm whether Expat TV has Australia Network in the standard package. It is listed on their site but comes with no description after it, right at the end. Just wondering whether its still included .

Any other TV watching set ups to be recommended??

I've been using ThaiExpat TV for a couple of years now. It's an excellent service, has about 14 UK channels, Nippon English and Australia+

It suits me nicely as I prefer to watch programs of interest, and no guns.

Costs 1700baht per three months. I'm running on only 10mB wi-fi, and it's never faltered.

A nice idea is that you can stop or start the programs whenever you like, and go back 10 days if you've missed something.

You can also record all programs.

If there is ever a problem, a quick email gets fast response.

I tried fw-iptv for a month, which gave me access to Aust channels 7, 9 and 10.

PS: I stopped the service because I realised that I really enjoy a quiet and serene atmosphere in my house, free from the domination of television (except late at night when I watch the latest illegally downloaded rugby games :)). As for those Aussie channels - cringe !!!!!

PPS: fw-iptv is glitchy.

• Like 1

Aussie TV occasionally has some quite good series and the occasional thing like Four Corners.

Then occasionally on the odd evening when I really need to zombie out , an episode of Home and Away.

I only have time to watch about an hour of TV late evening, so being able to view things that had scheduled earlier would be a boost too.

On WETV there is only so many times one can watch Law and Order, that is about all that's left of the English stuff if not counting the news.

you are quite fortunate these days to at least have choices in what to watch.

34 years ago, one had to rush home from work by 4pm in order to catch 'Popeye', or if a bit later on 'BJ and the Bear' - as they were all that was on TV that was in English...

As one of the OP said .. ilikehdtv has plenty to offer. As for Australia Plus it is not in their current channel selection, however the upgrade which was trialled last month and being released in May did have Australia Plus. So whether it will be in the new release remains to be seen.

I have used Thai Expat TV for a year or so.At first I used my existing set top box and everything didn't quite work and Expat couldn't find a cure but then I purchased the same set top box that Expat sell from Ebay ( for less than half the price) and everything works great. I mostly use it for the children but I do enjoy the occasional programme myself especially the sport. I have strong internet so there are no issues at all with quality

Steer clear of "Thaisatellitetv", ran by a guy called Alan in Patayya. Their "Bestbox" STB is buggy - freezes regularly, drops channels (no cricket from India any more) No support from the vendor who sells these chinese boxes and subscriptions at twich the price you can get from the manufacturer direct. I have a fast 55Mbit connection, but reception is still crap.

www.ilikehd.com is decent, and I like being able to buy 30 day blocks, and then I take a week off or leave town. 350 thb....for English +Sports. No more CNBC....For you folks from OZ, most episodes of Skippy are on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh3zdY4L-Gw

just show me where I can find some hot molten lead so I can burn my eyes out...

• Like 1

Aussie TV is ok, I guess.

Just wish they would put english subtitles, so I could follow along.

I recorded the first 3 series of McLeods Daughters, it is very hard sometimes to make out what the actors/ actresses are saying, and the sound goes away for a little while in every episode without fail, I have now just deleted the lot, this series has only recently finished in Australia.

So why is it I can listen to an old US tv series from the fifties, Perry Mason, and get a very clear sound? But an Australian TV series absolutely dreadful.

Steer clear of "Thaisatellitetv", ran by a guy called Alan in Patayya. Their "Bestbox" STB is buggy - freezes regularly, drops channels (no cricket from India any more) No support from the vendor who sells these chinese boxes and subscriptions at twich the price you can get from the manufacturer direct. I have a fast 55Mbit connection, but reception is still crap.

I think it is great that TV members can warn us of such things.

Well done Condobrit001.

• Like 1

Do we get a reduction if it has Aussie channels.

Actually you pay more, so you can enjoy your regular Bananas in Pyjamas"! tongue.png

laugh.png I don't know what's worse Thai or Aussie TV?

Bit unfair as Australia's best shows rarely make it to Thailand. We have a proud record of producing quality programs such as 4 Corners which has been running for 50 years, a bit like the BBC's Panorama. Add in Foreign Correspondent,Q & A, ABC news and current affairs, travel and food docos, and some excellent dramas like "Redfern Now" and the fact that Australia sells programmes to 60 different countries we are not doing too bad. The UK gobbles up our soaps and has been for ages so they must be doing something right.

Of course if you haven't lived in Australia for some period of time its difficult to make a judgement and like the BBC the ABC, our national broadcaster, is forced in its charter to make programs that cater for all groups of interests including children's programs.