Ex-wife Visa

hey, as i said, this could be confusing bear with me..... :o

me and kip got married then divorced less than a year later as she needed to sort her parents out.

this is now done :D

now she wants to get back together with me, double :D.

does the fact, we were married before take anything out of her app for a visa...whether we get married again or not (i was thinking fiance visa)?? she claims to have spent 3 months over here with a friend recently (ok jersey but you get my point), i havent seen this yet, but i'll be able to tell by her passport i guess.

told u it was confusing......anyone who help's gets a free beer of me next time im in bangkok :D

bubbles aged 23 and 10 months :D

Provided you satisfy the criteria for the visa you are applying for, there is no reason why she should be refused. However, I would write a covering letter expalining the history of the relationship (try to keep it short) and the circumstances of her previous visit.

Did she apply for/recieve a visa when she was married to you before?

Edited by GU22

Did she apply for/recieve a visa when she was married to you before?

no she applied after we got divorced. i only found out she had been here a few weeks ago when she got back home (the words oh my god came to mind)

she never made any apps under marriage either. so her tourist visa was done all of her own back and she of course returned, didnt overstay etc etc. so i assume thats good in her favour?

she never made any apps under marriage either. so her tourist visa was done all of her own back and she of course returned, didnt overstay etc etc. so i assume thats good in her favour?

Bubbles,

The British embassy in BKK will have issued your girlfriend with her visa for Jersey, and will have access to the papers relating to that application. I would, therefore, be concerned what she stated when applying for the visa for Jersey. If she misrepresented herself, it might now come back to bite her firmly on the bum. I would establish, now, what she did declare. For example, when seeking her visa for Jersey, did she state that she knows you? If so, why was she visiting Jersey and not you? Who was she visiting in Jersey? These are just a few questions that would cross my mind if I were the visa officer.

Scouse.

The British embassy in BKK will have issued your girlfriend with her visa for Jersey, and will have access to the papers relating to that application. I would, therefore, be concerned what she stated when applying for the visa for Jersey. If she misrepresented herself, it might now come back to bite her firmly on the bum. I would establish, now, what she did declare. For example, when seeking her visa for Jersey, did she state that she knows you? If so, why was she visiting Jersey and not you? Who was she visiting in Jersey? These are just a few questions that would cross my mind if I were the visa officer.

she says she stayed with a friend for 3 months. when i first heard it i did question her about it. she said her friend lives on jersey etc etc, i asked her a few questions about jersey she got them right (this girl didnt know where england was b4). personally, i think she couldnt have done it herself and went thru one of those agencies next to wireless rd.

i think my own personal point of view; i need to know would it at all be possible for her to come her and live with me or did our divorce destory that.....before i get emotionally involved 'again'

Bubbles,

Providing that you are both free to marry, there is nothing stopping your ex-wife from applying for a fiancée visa. However, she will need to qualify under the relevant paragraph of the immigration rules, one condition of which is that following your marriage you intend to live togther permanently. Evidently, the visa officer might doubt this intention as you've already divorced once.

Additionally, you would need to demonstrate that despite your divorce you have an ongoing relationship, and that's where the friend in Jersey comes in. If the friend was male, the visa officer might reasonably conclude that your ex-wife and he are/were romantically involved, and, therefore, that your relationship is not as genuine as portrayed. I come back to my previous point, that you will need to establish exactly how your ex-wife presented the friend in her visa application for Jersey. If she stated that he (on the assumption it is a bloke) was her boyfriend, then I'm sure you can see the concerns that this will raise in the visa officer's mind.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Bubbles,

Providing that you are both free to marry, there is nothing stopping your ex-wife from applying for a fiancée visa. However, she will need to qualify under the relevant paragraph of the immigration rules, one condition of which is that following your marriage you intend to live togther permanently. Evidently, the visa officer might doubt this intention as you've already divorced once.

Additionally, you would need to demonstrate that despite your divorce you have an ongoing relationship, and that's where the friend in Jersey comes in. If the friend was male, the visa officer might reasonably conclude that your ex-wife and he are/were romantically involved, and, therefore, that your relationship is not as genuine as portrayed. I come back to my previous point, that you will need to establish exactly how your ex-wife presented the friend in her visa application for Jersey. If she stated that he (on the assumption it is a bloke) was her boyfriend, then I'm sure you can see the concerns that this will raise in the visa officer's mind.

Cheers,

Scouse.

cheers scouse; i did ask her whether it was a male or female she stayed with; cuz i thought it was her ex. she did it was defo female though.

before i even think about her coming here though; thought i'd check here if that would be ok, & 2nd step is gonna checking everything out i possibly can. and then go over it again with her. shouldnt be too difficult to do really.