Builder/Contractor recommendations please

konying

Just trying to find or hopefully get some numbers for builder in Pattaya area.

Its not a full on building job.

Just need to add extra room and some concrete work.

Anyone can share contact info for someone they used who were good and "normal" priced.

Last crew i used did such a poor job that all the tiling started to come off within days after they competed the job, not to mention uneven floor.

Many thanks in advance

I'm working on this same type of project right now. I'm waiting for my preferred contractor to stop by. They were off for Songkran and probably just getting back into the swing of things. I'll let you know what I find out. I'm getting 3 quotes.

I'm working on this same type of project right now. I'm waiting for my preferred contractor to stop by. They were off for Songkran and probably just getting back into the swing of things. I'll let you know what I find out. I'm getting 3 quotes.

Would be great.Thank you.

Hello Konyng

I always go for personal recommendation and know a small company that is both honest and good.

They have done loads of work for us or should I say Wan, we have passed them on to many friends with great success ie good jobs well done, happy customers

We always are used to agreeing a price and then paying say a third of the agree price when the men are on the job and when the building materials are delivered on site, usually the same day.

To see some of their work if you come down Soi Khao Noi to the railway road then turn left there are a bunch of new shop houses recently built by them

Somsak is a proper builder and in the last job we put on to him he explained to our friends that the way they wanted the job doing would be wrong and they could save money by doing it the way he suggested, such is his professionalism

He can build large modern houses and blocks of town shops but doesn't ever refuse even the smallest job

Somsat is the guys name and his number is 087 011 7790

Its preferable to have a Thai person speak but if you have not got one then PM me and will gladly get Wan to speak for you

Hello Konyng

I always go for personal recommendation and know a small company that is both honest and good.

They have done loads of work for us or should I say Wan, we have passed them on to many friends with great success ie good jobs well done, happy customers

We always are used to agreeing a price and then paying say a third of the agree price when the men are on the job and when the building materials are delivered on site, usually the same day.

To see some of their work if you come down Soi Khao Noi to the railway road then turn left there are a bunch of new shop houses recently built by them

Somsak is a proper builder and in the last job we put on to him he explained to our friends that the way they wanted the job doing would be wrong and they could save money by doing it the way he suggested, such is his professionalism

He can build large modern houses and blocks of town shops but doesn't ever refuse even the smallest job

Its preferable to have a Thai person speak but if you have not got one then PM me and will gladly get Wan to speak for you

Big thank you, will give him a call and get a quote. I will not be around when he comes to give a quote to make sure to get thai price :)

Thank you again

Hello Konyng

Big thank you, will give him a call and get a quote. I will not be around when he comes to give a quote to make sure to get thai price smile.png

Thank you again

He really is a nice and genuine man Wan always haggles but then again He may well expect that but his prices are always fair.

I always in any event consider it essential to get at least another quote for comparison if not two other quotes.

We dont do that anymore confident in his sense of fair play but our friends who recently had a lot of concreting done got two other quotes and he was the cheapest of them all

Hello Konyng

Big thank you, will give him a call and get a quote. I will not be around when he comes to give a quote to make sure to get thai price smile.png

Thank you again

He really is a nice and genuine man Wan always haggles but then again He may well expect that but his prices are always fair.

I always in any event consider it essential to get at least another quote for comparison if not two other quotes.

We dont do that anymore confident in his sense of fair play but our friends who recently had a lot of concreting done got two other quotes and he was the cheapest of them all

Called him few hours ago and to my surprise he is coming out tomorrow to quote.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Need more contractors please smile.png

The guy from N210, came out and never returned sad.png

So very sorry Konying I just dont understand why.

Would you like me to find out why he didn't return, My wife Wan could easily ring him.

Of course there is no excuse for not contacting you other than maybe a language difficulty because I Know hsi English is very limited

Whatever you wish me to do I will do in contacting him, on the other hand it maybe you do not wish to contact him but I am so disappointed because in the last ten years of knowing him I have never heard a bad word about him with regards to either hs business or his character

Need more contractors please smile.png

The guy from N210, came out and never returned sad.png

So very sorry Konying I just dont understand why.

Would you like me to find out why he didn't return, My wife Wan could easily ring him.

Of course there is no excuse for not contacting you other than maybe a language difficulty because I Know hsi English is very limited

Whatever you wish me to do I will do in contacting him, on the other hand it maybe you do not wish to contact him but I am so disappointed because in the last ten years of knowing him I have never heard a bad word about him with regards to either hs business or his character

Do not even worry about it. it has nothing to do with you and not your fault at all.

There was no language problem as he spoke to my staff not me.

He made it out as if it was a really hard job, but the staff who he was speaking to was married to a builder, so she asked how it was a hard job and basically laid it out for him step by step.

He was in a bit of a shock and asked how she knew, she told him because she was married to a builder.

He left without a quote, and said he would come to give a quote, but clearly he could not quote it as a "hard job" so never heard from him since.

Please do not take it personal and do not think you are responsible in anyway what so ever, Thank you again for your help.

Will just keep on trying others, so more contacts would be great smile.png

PS. The "hard job" just to explain is to cement and then tile front of my business. The land is not on even ground, so would require measuring to make sure new cement is all same level.

Usually would take about an hour of prep work to install metal or wood and attach rope, all leveled,then spread it out, let it dry and top up where needed to make sure all on the same level.

The next is to add another room to already existing room, so basically another 3 walls and a ceiling, plus connecting pipes and drainage for the toilet and shower

None of it is "hard work" but does require some skills

• 3 months later...

Archived