Samui Canopy Tours

Canopy Jungle Tour

Based on a concept that has proved very successful in Costa Rica, Samui's Canopy Jungle Tour is the first of many planned for Thailand. Whilst wearing a special harness, visitors hook onto a high tensile cable that is suspended between two trees above the forest canopy. It is then possible to glide down the cable between several treehouses whilst enjoying the view below. It's all a lot easier than it sounds and makes for an interesting and exciting way to see the island's jungle covered interior. There's also an impressive waterfall to swim in at the end. Hotel pick up and return is included in the 1,400 Baht price. Tel. 077 414 150 or drop by their office on the beach in Chaweng

http://www.kosamui.com/sightseeing-&-t...opy-jungle-tour

• 1 year later...
Canopy Jungle Tour

Based on a concept that has proved very successful in Costa Rica, Samui's Canopy Jungle Tour is the first of many planned for Thailand. Whilst wearing a special harness, visitors hook onto a high tensile cable that is suspended between two trees above the forest canopy. It is then possible to glide down the cable between several treehouses whilst enjoying the view below. It's all a lot easier than it sounds and makes for an interesting and exciting way to see the island's jungle covered interior. There's also an impressive waterfall to swim in at the end. Hotel pick up and return is included in the 1,400 Baht price. Tel. 077 414 150 or drop by their office on the beach in Chaweng

http://www.kosamui.com/sightseeing-&-t...opy-jungle-tour

Hi,

I will be in Samui the end of the month and am curious if anyone has done the canopy tours. I know, touristy, but I've got 4 friends coming who are interested. Is it pricey/worth the expense? Safe?

Thanks

We went up to canopy adventures(off maenam soi 5 or was it 4?) just for aride out and some jungle exploring,didnt do the canopy ride itself but watched a few people enjoy themselves,the guides permanently making monkey noises...we did scale up the steep ropes{gruelling}to the start for some photos...the waterfall is nice..and the shop sells cold beer...happy days.....didnt want to spend near 9000 bht for 6 people just to slide down afew cables though...left it to the tourists with short stay big baht...

• 2 weeks later...

I've done them both: Tree Top Tour and Canopy Adventure. I would say that those fear of heights and beginner like of behaviour would be more eased up with Tree Top Tour since most of the time you're between 10 - 15 meters from the ground. Speeds remain fair and I could easily use camera in one hand while other was breaking. Scenes are changing nicely since its a mighty long ride. You get to be on top of the island. Its harder to get to the spot but it makes it interesting day on the mountains if you drive there with your bike.

Canopy Adventure is a bit more expensive and shorter. For a scenery waterwall does ad, offer nice little extra. There's faster speeds and much higher platforms.

In numbers Overall: Tree Top Tour 8,5 - Canopy Tour 8 Excitement: TTT 8, CT 9 - Lenght, Duration TTT 9 - CT 8 - Safety TTT 9 CT 8, Scenery TTT 9, CT 8,5

Overall both are well worth the money since I doubt you'll start to do the sliding as your hobby. It is exciting and fun experience which ever slide you choose.