Bad words: Get my!

Get my!!! Just a warning to the teachers of Thailand that if you hear this from students they are actually saying f--- you. The word GET is the closest pronunciation using English language and almost sounds the same. It means F---! together with mai and you understand the meaning. I caught a few students saying it while I walked past them last year and questioned their humor at it. Not humor at it at all but at my ignorance smiling at them as they said it to me.

Your post really surprises me a lot. If you hear students, or older people saying that, they do not mean- delete- you!!

What they're trying to say is: " Do you get it?", or "Did you get it?"

So you didn't get it with your ignorance, but you're very easy to make some utter rubbish up.

Would these kids have said ( excuse my language, please) "Jett Mae", then they'd definitely have said something, where I'd kick their butts.

The two words mean f.....your mother.

P.S. Having Mai at the end, always makes it to a question. Kau Tchai, Mai? wai2.gif

Mai makes the same sound as my.

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

Actually more like "Yet Mae*" or "Yet Maeng**" (Maeng is the impolite word for mother), and Yet is pretty much exactly as you guys described above (And in Thai culture, any reference to people's mother/father is significantly worse than the same in English).

* Yet said just as the English word. Mae said as in, if you imagine putting an M infront of the English word air

** Maeng said as in, if you think of the Thai word for mother (above) then put an "ng" at the end.

However as interesting as this discussion could be, I'm going to close this thread :) If you'd like to discuss Thai vocab further, please feel free to pop over to the Thai Language section :)

• Like 1