800,000 Baht for retirement extension

Hi every one, I have still some Baht on my Thai bank, (a few 100,0000) should I nevertheless transfer the whole 800,000

or only enough to reach the minimum of 800,000 Baht 3 month before extension?

(Of course those last 3 months the amount will never be back again under 800,000 )

As far as I know there is no requirement to show that the entire 800,000 was transferred into the country from outside. The requirement is to have 800,000 in a Thai bank account for 3 months. So if you were to top off your existing account so that it contained at least 800,000 and didn't let it fall below that level for the 3 months before you go for your retirement extension, I think you'd be OK.

Actually, if it were me I would make sure I had at least 800,000 + 1,000 in the account, just in case there's some sort of automatic deduction of an annual fee for, say, having an ATM card. It would be a shame for your balance to drop below the required 800,000 level for a reason like that, hence the desirability of having an additional margin in place. My understanding is that immigration can be very strict regarding this requirement. Better to be safe than sorry, no?

You only have to top it up to 800,000

Thank you Maestro smile.png

To be honest since I am not a native English speaker I was not sure I was clear 100% in my question

but you understood well: I have only to top it up to 800,000 thumbsup.gif

Since I am in Samui my confidence in a certain person in Nathon immigration is let say...limited, last year for instance my extension cost me 5,000Baht instead of 1900 t'was my first extension and honestly I did not know, so I paid naïvely with a smile.

Put 1900 baht in an envelope and mark it as application fee. That is what others do.

There is no requirement to transfer the entire 800k baht into your account. You can transfer just enough to make it reach 800k baht level. But of course it would be best to send a little more to cover any fees or a change of exchange rates.