Business/Investment Plan 7M Baht

should read this before investing one bath.,....Great one.....! and all so true.

Best regards.

What's your thoughts on investing in a few sinks then ?

not investing in bath makes body stink too mutt!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many business opportunities in Thailand that might return over 15%

Like what? I don't like the word "might". Most farangs lose money through those "business opportunities". Not yet another kebab shop or motorbike rental shop please. If you want to do business you really need to know something about what u want to do and preferably be good at it and have experience running a business. Working with Thais is not easy and it will take time to learn that too. Not easy for sure.

Successful restaurants can return 15%. Some high end fashion retail shops can also return 15%. But I am in total agreement that you need to already be experienced in business and one should never get involved with a business in a hobby unless you have prior business experience and can understand that you, the business owner, are not the customer. I ran a successful small retail operation in the US for nearly 40 years. Yet I would never think of opening a business in Thailand. But the 15% return is out there for those willing to take the risk. The risk of opening a small business in the US is approximately a 95% chance of failing within the first two years. Thailand is not the only place where the vast majority of business ventures fail quickly.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Morgage 26k
Car 17k
health ins 5k
Utilities 5k
Gasoline 4k

Im all ready pushing the 60k and havent started with all the other bills.

Many spend alot more too

Ok, last post on this thread , not feeding the troll anymore.

BTW
if you still have a mortgage and are still paying off a car. = 43,000

Then you have been not very successful so far have you.
good day to you.
Mr Chang... You are right, you know....if he had the money, why get a loan on a car? Or house for that matter...

Mr Chang, isn't right

simply because some people don't want to tie up lumps of capital in Thailand that's all, I have a car and a house on loans and can assure you, I do have the money and its out the country, and trust me would rather have a house being paid for on a monthly basis for 15 years out of my Thai salary at 6% p.a, than fronting the cash in a country which doesn't allow full ownership in property, if in the interim everything falls apart in Thailand, I walk away, and have only risked money I would have been paying in rent anyway in the case of the property, and even if its not paid in full the bank is carrying the risk, not me

so please don't bleat on about subjects you know nothing of... alt=thumbsup.gif>

I for one agree with you. Cash is King and sometimes it is better to hold cash then pay off a house mortgage. I own my own small farm and house that sits on it, but that has mostly to do with the fact I don't like owning anybody anything. But I do also have investments in my country in a Safe 8% Dividend paying stock, with a 15% Tax Rate. Which is also pretty good.

I think a Mortgage can be a good investment. Interest Rates are low compared to other loans and you are investing in something that over time it should go up in price. You also get the pride of ownership and can do what you want with the property. That is as long as you pay your mortgage. I think a Mortgage is also more likely to keep 2 people together. As you have a debt you need to be together to pay off. Selling is not easy in Thailand after the Divorce. Not like back home.

But I tend to differ with you when you talk about a Car Loan. In this case you are buying something on Credit that goes down in price every year. Investing in something like that on borrowed money is always a bad idea. No different than borrowing $100,000 to buy a Stock in the Stock Market, knowing that in 4 years it will be worth $50,000. Who would do that?

But you do get pride of ownership in a New Car. Even today people think you have money when you drive a new car. You also get more security in reliability as even if something goes wrong you are under warranty. Nothing smells better than a New Car! Especially when it is Yours! But personally I would rather pay cash for a few years older car, which still looks new, and you still need serious money to buy.

Just My Thoughts.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is possible making those kind of returns via trading, as I presently am doing.

However, trading needs discipline and patience. If you do possess those qualities, you may try

Trading is Gambling and above Discipline and Patience you need "Skill".

Many a Pro Gambler loses the first few hands. Many a Poor Gambler wins them! On Pure Luck Only! This keeps them at the table! So I see from your post you were lucky and won a few hands. But does this qualify you to give advice such as this? You should know that by the end of the day the Pro will walk away with your money, and you will walk away with your Shorts. If you are still a little bit lucky.

Anyone who would recommend to someone else to gamble away his 7 M Baht, and perhaps His Life Savings, is either a Lunatic, doesn't know anything about it, or is trying so hard to toot his own horn here, and be a Hero!

Which one are you?

It is possible making those kind of returns via trading, as I presently am doing.

However, trading needs discipline and patience. If you do possess those qualities, you may try

Many a Pro Gambler loses the first few hands. Many a Poor Gambler wins them! On Pure Luck Only! This keeps them at the table! So I see from your post you were lucky and won a few hands. But does this qualify you to give advice such as this? You should know that by the end of the day the Pro will walk away with your money, and you will walk away with your Shorts. If you are still a little bit lucky.

Anyone who would recommend to someone else to gamble away his 7 M Baht, and perhaps His Life Savings, is either a Lunatic, doesn't know anything about it, or is trying so hard to toot his own horn here, and be a Hero!

Which one are you?

I wouldn't rule out all "Trading", my investment strategy is basically find a good company & invest with them for the long term (top/tailing as time goes on & always reinvesting any income), but I do keep a "Punt Pot" that I use for speculative "Trading" when opportunities arise, usually when a company's share price has been (IMHO Over) hammered in the Market for a specific event (BP gulf oil spill being a classic example), with a view to getting out when my target % is either hit or I feel will be missed (but Even a dead cat will bounce).

But Day Trading? Might be an interesting hobby for some & I'm sure there are some who make money at it, but not for me, I think the pressure to find trades each day would feel like the Gambler who has to find a horse to back in every race... I'm much more the sort to sit back & wait for (what I think) is the right horse in the right race.

If i had 7 Million Baht i would NOT invest it in anything! Just use about 15,000 baht a month and enjoy a fabulous lifestyle ( although i don't drink or smoke ) you can work it out for yourselves how long it would last you! who would want the " carry on & problems " with a bar ! Life is so short so just enjoy your money and enjoy Thailand ( oh and don't waste your life like many who just seem to " sit indoors all day " on the internet or watching Television.Get out there and enjoy it!

F.J wai2.gif x

I know a work mate who had about that much and lived off the interest in chaing mai. But i think he lost it investing when gfc hit. But a safe return on a fixed term investment from a big bank? At about 4.36% thats about 300,000 per annum in interest. Or 25,000 per month if you can wait for the 12 month fixed term. I think even i could manage to live off that! Then you wouldnt even need to touch your 7m! It could improve on your already great lifestyle canarysun!

Which one are you?

What Baguette said makes perfect sense to me.

I just had a chat with the lady who sells Döner Kebab in Pattaya. Her investment was about 50K. All you need is a small kiosk in a good location. With 1 kebab spit per day -she told me- she can sell 180-200 portions which is 10,800 to 12,000 Baht per day. Her daily costs are lower than 4K/per day. It's a monthly profit of more than 200K. Enough for you? If you want to see people who became millionaire by selling Kebab then go to Sukhumvit Soi 5 in Bkk. It's only 20 meters inside the Soi on the right hand side. They offer chicken and beef kebab and soft drinks and within 1 hour they sell approximately 20-25 kebab at 60 Baht each. In only 12 hrs they make about 15-18K plus the drinks.

Good example, I've done calculations for bubble tea and coffee stands at good location, its quite amazing to see the profit you can make, the margins for selling water is so high. Especially if you scale it up and have a handful of locations, nice little business with very few things that can go wrong. The only problem is money collection, many times it goes missing! But that can be solved by counting the number of cups.

the first day they see you counting cups, they will go out and buy some.

Its not 100% safe, but I'm sure you are smarter than that, it doesn't cost much to get custom printed cups. To start out you can just stick stickers too! with the number and variety of cups out there, it would be somewhat difficult for the workers to find the same exact cup so he/she can try to rip you off.

hi!

buying a property under construction and selling after it's finished can makes you up to 15 % refund.

For 7 mln you can build a villa, it takes about 6-9 months and than sell it, earning about 1 mln.

If you are interested i can recommend you one investment company.

Please PM

Not very realistic to make 100k/m of 7m just like that. But there are ways to increase your money fairly easy if you do it right.

Buy 2-4 small studio condos for between 1-2m each (or 1-2 1 bedroom) in fairly lucrative areas in Pattaya such as next to the beach and not too far from the City, fill them with a luxury interior and sell them on western real estate websites. Selling your condos on Northern European websites, and especially Scandinavian websites, could give you a return of 50-150%. Placing rental ads on western websites will also increase your income by renting them out for 5000/week (studio condo), and if you are lucky with your location and the interior look then you could get as much as 15,000/week in high season even with small studio condos. It`s possible but not something I would entirely rely all my income on, because it`s much more likely there will be weeks and perhaps a month or two here and there with no one renting, and especially if you market your property on western websites. You will probably need at leased 7 small condos to make something close to 100k on a fairly good month. That would be more realistic.

Buying condos under construction is often marketed as cheaper, but it`s also riskier. Illustrations are almost always not as close to the end result as you would like, and if the developer (or contractors) are not doing their job well, then you may end up losing money instead.

Building a villa and selling it would most likely give you a good profit many places in Thailand, unless you overpay the workers, the villa is badly constructed or that you have a bad taste.