Check your change !

Pattaya28

Didn't take too long for an attempted "short-change" of a customer.

Returned to Thailand Wednesday morning. Escaped Songkran.

Driving back to Pattaya stopped at the service area for a quick burger.

Paid my money. Gave a 1000 Baht note. Cost was 340 Baht. Expected 660 Baht change.

Handed back to me was a wad piled together. As I took the wad I fanned out the wad to check the amount. As soon as the wad was fanned, (which unknown to me at that point was 100 Baht short) the cashier added 100 Baht from nowhere.

Just a respectful reminder "Check your change" !!

• Like 1

I have caught this too many times with the couple restaurant delivery services in town. The delivery man hands you the items you ordered along with the bill. If you do not have the exact change but give him a 1000 baht note, YOU need to do your subtraction so you know exactly how much change you get back. He opens up the leather folder with the change all ready "counted" out. Looks legit with the 100 baht notes and coins sliding around but the one 100 may be divided in 20's (with some missing). The first time I caught this, it was a 100 baht bill missing from the folder and when I questioned it the delivery man smiled, reached in his left pocket and "just happened" to have a folded 100 bath note to hand me. NOTE:This isn't with all of the ohes who deliver, just one or two bad apples. This happened to me also with a pizza delivery shop (NP),but it was about 60 baht short change. I always plan to tip though there is a delivery charge so when this has happened 3-4 times needless to say I am steaming. (I don't want to call up and complain because I'm afraid the guy may have one of those Isaan tempers and re-visit me 5555)

Edited by toenail

Back in 1971 gave me A clue on how foreign countries operate.I always get small baht,always.Fool me once shame on me etc.

I won't get fooled again.I don't carry anything larger than 100 baht notes unless I'm going to purchase A large ticket item.

Usually I can give correct change except for getting A few coins back.

This always happens to me at Big C South. Whenever i pay by a 1,000 note the change is short 1 or 200 baht. Have to check every time.

I shop there weekly and it never happens to me, and I always check my change.

So do you really think all cashiers at Big C are cheating on you ? Your statement "It always happens to me" is just not true unless you have a wife/gf that is counting your money,.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

I have had the reverse when two hundred baht notes were stuck together and the cashier handed me back the extra unneeded one.

I have also have too much change given and cashiers were delighted to have the extra back.

Only time I can recall being cheated was at a petrol station that did not put in full amount of deisel fuel paid for - which was only realised long after I had driven off.

This always happens to me at Big C South. Whenever i pay by a 1,000 note the change is short 1 or 200 baht. Have to check every time.

take a picture of the cashier with your handphone and post it on BigC's facebook page with a corresponding comment. Changes are that person will never shortchange you again biggrin.png

Back in 1971 gave me A clue on how foreign countries operate.I always get small baht,always.Fool me once shame on me etc.

I won't get fooled again.I don't carry anything larger than 100 baht notes unless I'm going to purchase A large ticket item.

Usually I can give correct change except for getting A few coins back.

Since 1971 you have been carrying only small denomination baht, just in case you are small changed????

Why not take a basic Mathematics course to protect yourself? Maybe the paranoia is only in your mind?

What a miserable way to live.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

take a picture of the cashier with your handphone and post it on BigC's facebook page with a corresponding comment. Changes are that person will never shortchange you again biggrin.png

Chances are that you will be sued in criminal court for libel and defamation (or did you have proof of her offense?)

• Like 1

I would have gleefully handed out 100-baht notes to the locals on an island to avoid those last two days of Songkran. Realising you are trapped here with 100,000 or so hillbillies from Isaan hellbent on destroying your hearing, your eyesight and your appreciation for any Thai festival other than Loy Kratong.

I shop there weekly and it never happens to me, and I always check my change.

So do you really think all cashiers at Big C are cheating on you ? Your statement "It always happens to me" is just not true unless you have a wife/gf that is counting your money,.

I must say if this "always" happened to me at Big C I would start shopping elsewhere after I informed the store manager.. We shop at the Big C on Pattaya Klang and have never had a problem being shortchanged and I do count my change.