central west gate opening in nonthaburi

Howitzer

As Always the answer is :depends.

it is not open yet (I guess they wait till MRT opens to there) and with such frantic building, esp all the new walhalla-temples for shopaholics, it will not take that long before yet another ASEAn opens a yet even bigger mall.

History: just across there is BIG KIngs, an abandoned building, once erected by the Merry Kings dept.store chain (now nearly out of bisnis), as it was then its biggest building, and failed miserably. For a while some mobuy fone selers took ground floor-advertising in Burmese.

Its surrounded by 2 BigC's (one a former Carrefour) and a HOmePro.

Also depends how you define SEA: was not there in China, pretty close to Guangzhou the very biggest mall? With open shops now taking about 4-5% of total space? With about any western country having sent reporters there to showcase how China can also fail miserably?

I heard IKEA is also building a new shop very close to West Gate.

For malls : Bigger is Better as long as traffic allows it. But a direct connection to the skytrain will make this mall a success i guess. That's what Central World Plaza is missing.

Just what Bangkok needs. A new shopping mall.

As it is Bang Yai so well North west of Bangkok would have thought people would be glad ? = 100's of people and cars less in Bangkok everyday when it opens..

Just what Bangkok needs. A new shopping mall.

As it is Bang Yai so well North west of Bangkok would have thought people would be glad ? = 100's of people and cars less in Bangkok everyday when it opens..

Yeah because that's causing the traffic problem....

Plus I live in Nonthaburi and they aren't short of shopping centres locally.

Edited by farang1979

it is not open yet (I guess they wait till MRT opens to there) and with such frantic building, esp all the new walhalla-temples for shopaholics, it will not take that long before yet another ASEAn opens a yet even bigger mall.

History: just across there is BIG KIngs, an abandoned building, once erected by the Merry Kings dept.store chain (now nearly out of bisnis), as it was then its biggest building, and failed miserably. For a while some mobuy fone selers took ground floor-advertising in Burmese.

Also depends how you define SEA: was not there in China, pretty close to Guangzhou the very biggest mall? With open shops now taking about 4-5% of total space? With about any western country having sent reporters there to showcase how China can also fail miserably?

An engineer told me that MRT won't be operational till mid 2016. It's his job to get the carriages (?) on the tracks.

Good info in the rest of your post though. Population base of the area is the biggest difference to the Big Kings launch all those years ago

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

China isn't a part of SEA this should be pretty obvious so how can any mall opening in any part of china including in its southern provinces be considered SEA?

An engineer told me that MRT won't be operational till mid 2016. It's his job to get the carriages (?) on the tracks.

Good info in the rest of your post though. Population base of the area is the biggest difference to the Big Kings launch all those years ago

I find it silly that they need to complete the mrt line before they open the mall when there are so many ways to find transportation in thailand and the cost of transportation is relatively cheap.

• 4 weeks later...