Anyone had any experience with Thais believing in Feng Shui?

kinmaew

I have met this Chinese girl who is gorgeous but believes in this. To a certain extent I think it has its merits like creating a harmonious living environment but for me that's where it stops. She is gung ho about this stuff and never stops about "Energy, Astrology and spiritual talk". She does not work, instead studies online from Feng Shui experts in China and the US and tells me that if we get married everything must be new because if you live in someone else's house you get their energy and its not good, I think this is a load of f'ing crap and I have no intention of moving or making everything new.

The little man inside is telling me this is trouble and not worth the effort. Just wondering what any of you have experienced in this area?

She is absolutely right, OP.

Everything has to be new.

Just don't forget to get all your money available to her and let her do whatever she wants and I can foresee a bright future.....not so much for you, but definitely for her.

Please look for the next one, no point wasting your time with her.

• Like 1

Feng shui is actually a very good belief, All because it's far eastern and chinese doesn't make it ridiculous.

In fact i believe that behind the beliefs that farangs ridicule the 1st would be their own christian religion. The next far eastern beliefs with chinese first and japanese/korean etc others behind and the one that they don't dare to critique and even believe in is islam for obvious reasons.

My Wife started without telling me. I got home from work,every fxxxxxg thing moved. Had a shower,came out of the bathroom,and fell over a side table that should of not been there.

This led to me throwing the side table out of the window. I had to buy a new one later that week.

SO you know what they can do with Feng Shui Feng Shui and tiger beer does not mix,,,,Good old Chinese proverb

Just tell her u believe, bang her and do a runner.

Thats a bit extreme,we have been married for 30 years. Women always get conned bu some kind of shxt. But they enjoy it ,,, my mates wife is into black magic

all the rage in Thailand at the moment. So I am lucky

I am not sure if this is considered Feng Shui I must admite I am very ignorant in such matters , but presently me and y wife were looking to invest in to an income property for her. My realtor friend from my days with C21 found me this foreclosure REO that was a very good deal with a 30% equaty value build in, We were out of state at the time so I showed pictures of the property to my wife, m friend did a walk in and showed the property to as on face time, and my wife lover it. Then we wet on Google maps . street view to see the other properties in the street, and she noticed the arrangement of the streets, the street was arranged in a T configuration with the leg of the T heading to the front of the house, She immediately said , "don't want it"

When I asked why, she explained that the way the house was situated in respect to the streets, I was bad luck. and that was the end of that

• Like 2

I've got a friend who's got a condo on the 25th floor in Bangkok with an amazing view of the city. Due to feng shui, his bed faces the back wall rather than the floor to ceiling windows with this amazing view. Plus, his FS "consultant" convinced him to block part of the view from the living room also. Something about energy flowing out.

He also didn't want an entrance to the maids quarters near the front door as it would release energy also. My friend asked if there was a way around this? Yes, there was. Create an entrance that was "camouflaged". LOL

We brought in a FS "consultant" for placement of our spirit house. I rejected the first suggestion. No problem. How about here? NO. I suggested a place...perfect! LOL

She is absolutely right, OP.

Everything has to be new.

Just don't forget to get all your money available to her and let her do whatever she wants and I can foresee a bright future.....not so much for you, but definitely for her.

Please look for the next one, no point wasting your time with her.

this is the right answer ... listen to the little one inside, u are near the right corner

Shui experts in China and the US and tells me that if we get married everything must be new because if you live in someone else's house you get their energy and its not good.

Tell her, she must be a Virgin, because everything must be new and that you don't want some other guy's energy.

no pun intented, but have we all not been through the same thing in western countries ? Is it not that southern pointed slopes are prevalent for building, while northern slopes are less wanted ? Would you not prefer a breezy location towards a point in the valley where there willl never be any wind ?

All of my friends, when they choose locations where they intended to live, they stayed at the location for 24 hours, in order to "suck in" the FENG ,. . the powers that come with each place. I can only recommend it to anyone in the real estate trade, or better, to those who are going to invest into it.

Don't underestimate Feng Shui, but please don't make a marriage depend on it. If a woman puts her entire life under the reign of such an esoteric following, I would shun her. Except if you were willing to enter her world and enjoy it like she does.

my house, upon which i decided upon, has perfect powers. In the morning it is solemn, by midday it is bright, and by late afternoon it sighs with the declining light. The winds that prevail, are perfect.

What people do in western countries, with regards to slopes, breezes, etc, is completely different from what's being done today with regards to FS here. When our FS "expert" showed up, it was all about power and money.

The front door of the house had to be located properly so money wouldn't flow out. The waterfall had to be positioned properly so money wouldn't flow out. Ridiculous notions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_shui

...feng shui has become an aspect of interior decorating in the Western world and alleged masters of feng shui now hire themselves out for hefty sums to tell people such as Donald Trump which way his doors and other things should hang. Feng shui has also become another New Age "energy" scam with arrays of metaphysical products...offered for sale to help you improve your health, maximize your potential, and guarantee fulfillment of some fortune cookie philosophy.%5B92%5D
Others have noted how, when feng shui is not applied properly, it can even harm the environment, such as was the case of people planting "lucky bamboo" in ecosystems that could not handle them.%5B93%5D

Feng shui practitioners in China find superstitious and corrupt officials easy prey, despite official disapproval. In one instance, in 2009, feng shui practitioners gulled county officials in Gansu into hauling a 369-ton "spirit rock" to the county seat to ward off "bad luck."[94

This fountain was made in Singapore

http://secondglobe.com/item/fountain-wealth-suntec-city-singapore/

The inward flowing water of the Fountain of Wealth represents the symbol of life and wealth in the Chinese culture and also the retention of wealth for Suntec City. As the feng shui experts claim, the water that flows inwards represents riches pouring in, hence the name Fountain of Wealth

Feng Shui might have some interesting concepts, unfortunately, many are now using it as way to obtain and keep money. Sorry, but ridiculous.

My friend paid 30k Baht for his expert. Right. Well, I guess it is all about money? whistling.gif

The was GREAT! Boy, I wish we could get something like that in Thai. I would delight in showing it to as many Thais as I could.

I am so sick of these flimflam "shamans" peddling their "magic." Of course they never "charge" for their services, but are always handed the ubiquitous envelope by somebody who can least afford it.

Very timely, for me, as my sister-in-law just spent 10,000- baht building a fancy new pedestal (multi-level, tiled) for the spirit houses because some magic guy my brother-in-law brought to the house said the old one was too small and the spirit houses too close together -- unlucky. Well everybody was happy with it for the fifteen years before that flimflam artist showed up. And since the old one was consecrated by the monks way back when it was installed, it was okay with them. What the hell changed?

Why are people so STUPID?

I've got a friend who's got a condo on the 25th floor in Bangkok with an amazing view of the city. Due to feng shui, his bed faces the back wall rather than the floor to ceiling windows with this amazing view. Plus, his FS "consultant" convinced him to block part of the view from the living room also. Something about energy flowing out.

He also didn't want an entrance to the maids quarters near the front door as it would release energy also. My friend asked if there was a way around this? Yes, there was. Create an entrance that was "camouflaged". LOL

We brought in a FS "consultant" for placement of our spirit house. I rejected the first suggestion. No problem. How about here? NO. I suggested a place...perfect! LOL

Your friend is way too easy. All he has to do for a great view from his bed is shop around a little. No two of these magic pricks will ever agree. If he keeps shopping, he'll eventually find one whose lucky formula makes the most of the room in terms of beauty, practicality and convenience.

My spouse and I decided what day we wanted to get married. The first monk said, "No way, unlucky," and recommended an auspicious day that was very inconvenient to us. We just shopped until we found one that pronounced our chosen day to be auspicious. Shopping pays.

• Like 1

The was GREAT! Boy, I wish we could get something like that in Thai. I would delight in showing it to as many Thais as I could.

I am so sick of these flimflam "shamans" peddling their "magic." Of course they never "charge" for their services, but are always handed the ubiquitous envelope by somebody who can least afford it.

Very timely, for me, as my sister-in-law just spent 10,000- baht building a fancy new pedestal (multi-level, tiled) for the spirit houses because some magic guy my brother-in-law brought to the house said the old one was too small and the spirit houses too close together -- unlucky. Well everybody was happy with it for the fifteen years before that flimflam artist showed up. And since the old one was consecrated by the monks way back when it was installed, it was okay with them. What the hell changed?

Why are people so STUPID?

People aren't stupid, they're just very gullible and are too lazy to take a 5 minute break to google the facts and evidence for themselves.

I love the part where the Feng Shui master thinks his microphone is off and says "This still looks like shit".

Edited by Stan42

To answer the OP's question, yes Thais generally give some credence to FS. Doesn't bother me. The wife has had some shamanic advice from time to time with regards to what should she do to promote good luck etc. Never costs too much to comply and it pays dividends with regard to "Happy wife, Happy life"

However, FS is not to be confused with rites performed by monks...

Your welcome!

Edited by gazwa