Kan Air Chiang Mai to Pattaya service - CANCELLED

LannaGuy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Airlines cancel flights all the time. Nothing new.

Yes, though typically when there is another flight an hour before and another flight an hour after then an airline can rebook passengers on either, or on a different airline's flight.

I can understand that this is more difficult for a small airline on a route that no other airlines fly however at a minimum they should have offered a bus/taxi service to the nearest airport (Suvarnabhmi or Don Muang) and booked passengers on another airline's flight to Chiang Mai.

The OP doesn't make it clear if that actually happened or not. It reads like they were left out in the cold, but this is Thaivisa so who knows. The misleading topic title doesn't give me further confidence. (a flight was cancelled, yet the topic reads that the service was cancelled.)

Bunch of cowboys posting on the forum.. rolleyes.gif

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Yes, though typically when there is another flight an hour before and another flight an hour after then an airline can rebook passengers on either, or on a different airline's flight.

I can understand that this is more difficult for a small airline on a route that no other airlines fly however at a minimum they should have offered a bus/taxi service to the nearest airport (Suvarnabhmi or Don Muang) and booked passengers on another airline's flight to Chiang Mai.

The OP doesn't make it clear if that actually happened or not. It reads like they were left out in the cold, but this is Thaivisa so who knows. The misleading topic title doesn't give me further confidence. (a flight was cancelled, yet the topic reads that the service was cancelled.)

You, obviously, have never been to U-Tupao

NO other flights to Chiang Mai to be booked onto - was offered a 9pm flight from Don Muang (my flight was 3pm from U-Tupao) which is MUCH further than Suvarnabhumi

They refunded the fare + taxi from Pattaya but I lost around 4,000 in total

They said 'engine failure' but there were only 5 passengers so I'm guessing it was a financial decision!

I raise it here as a warning to others and I complained to the staff that a simple phone call or SMS would have saved my money and massive INCONVENIENCE

seven hour taxi from where to where?

1.5 hours to U-Tapao

1.5 hours back to Pattaya

4 hours to Suvarnabhumi etc.

Did you walk to Suvurnabhumi?

It felt like it as it was raining and there were huge traffic jams

Sounds like bad luck although I would have insisted on being put on a flight to DMK or BKK, there are enough flights from CNX and got a bus from there.

This won't help but I had a great flight on Kan Air.

Worlds Cheapest Bizjet Flight:

Edited by CNXBKKMAN

Sounds like bad luck although I would have insisted on being put on a flight to DMK or BKK, there are enough flights from CNX and got a bus from there.

hi, they offered a van to Don Muang (when Suvarnupom was much nearer)

I'm convinced lack of passengers (there were around 5) was the reason for cancelling

my BITTEREST complaint is they did not phone, SMS or email

left Pattaya 1pm arrived Chiang Mai 9pm via Suvarnapom

Just letting TVF posters know that Kan Air cannot be trusted to alert if they decide to cancel a flight

How many flight from U-Tapao to DMK or BKK are there ?

Edited by Don Mega

NO other flights to Chiang Mai to be booked onto - was offered a 9pm flight from Don Muang (my flight was 3pm from U-Tupao) which is MUCH further than Suvarnabhumi

They said 'engine failure' but there were only 5 passengers so I'm guessing it was a financial decision!

I raise it here as a warning to others and I complained to the staff that a simple phone call or SMS would have saved my money and massive INCONVENIENCE

They offered you an alternative routing and you refused it?

I'm not entirely surprised by the flight going tech at short notice. They probably discovered something during the pre-flight checks.

I'd rather have an alternative than fly on a dodgy aircraft.

Out of interest, did they offer to book you to CNX via DMK?

They offered you an alternative routing and you refused it?

I'm not entirely surprised by the flight going tech at short notice. They probably discovered something during the pre-flight checks.

I'd rather have an alternative than fly on a dodgy aircraft.

Out of interest, did they offer to book you to CNX via DMK?

yes but NO sms? no email? no phone call? anyway there were only 5 people so, call me a cynic, but it was possibly a financial decision

yes they offered a van to DMK and a flight leaving at 21.00 (flight from U-Tapao due to leave 15.00)

we decided to get a taxi to Suvarnupom and save the extra hours

My main motivation posting is to ALERT you all that Kan Air do not let you know if they cancel a flight - and THAT is appalling

How many flight from U-Tapao to DMK or BKK are there ?

One flight Don Muang to UTP in the morning at 10:00 and one flight UTP to Don Muang at about 20:00? Or there abouts.

My flight only had 5 passengers. The Premier jet has 6 seats but one seat was taken by a Kan Air staff. Your plane may well have gone tech and Kan Air are being completely honest?

yes it's possible (but TIT)... anyway why no sms? phone call? or email? I could have diverted my taxi at any stage had I been told and, of course, I was lucky my driver agreed to take me to Suvarnupom

yes it's possible (but TIT)... anyway why no sms? phone call? or email? I could have diverted my taxi at any stage had I been told and, of course, I was lucky my driver agreed to take me to Suvarnupom

Do you know when they made the decision to cancel the flight?

Besides which they offered you a same day alternative which doesn't sound so bad to me. I've had worse from bigger airlines.

Besides which they offered you a same day alternative which doesn't sound so bad to me. I've had worse from bigger airlines.

oh goodie... a poster defending the incompetence of Kan Air not sending an SMS, email or phone call - hope it happens to YOU soon thumbsup.gif

how long before the flight was to leave did they cancel it ?

I don't know but when we arrived it was the first thing they told us

IF they had let us know we would have diverted the taxi to Suvarnapum that is my point and I am pretty certain it hadn't just been cancelled milliseconds before we arrived

I'm just posting with the intent of FOREWARNING other travellers who may decide to use Kan Air thinking it saves time

It was very stressful - we had no ticket to Chiang Mai (obviously) - and took the chance to go to Suvarnapum

My whole point is they did not inform us and when I complained to them it was obvious they just didn't think of it

ok thanks for the clarification that you have no idea when the flight was cancelled.

Why not use their offer of bus ride and alternate flight ?

You have an axe to grind for some reason but with the facts presented thus far you should be looking at yourself in this instance in my opinion.

Edited by Don Mega

hi, they offered a van to Don Muang (when Suvarnupom was much nearer)

I'm convinced lack of passengers (there were around 5) was the reason for cancelling

my BITTEREST complaint is they did not phone, SMS or email

left Pattaya 1pm arrived Chiang Mai 9pm via Suvarnapom

Just letting TVF posters know that Kan Air cannot be trusted to alert if they decide to cancel a flight

I think you are being particularly harsh and unreasonable calling them Cowboys.

I think they did everything in their power to compensate you.

As long as I get there and I'm not worse off financially I wouldn't complain.

How exactly are you 4000 worse off?

oh goodie... a poster defending the incompetence of Kan Air not sending an SMS, email or phone call - hope it happens to YOU soon thumbsup.gif

It's happened to me before, gone tech while I'm at the airport. It happens. Would you rather fly on a defective aircraft?

Years ago I had Thai Airways cancel a Phitsanulok-Mae Sot flight for lack of passengers. They put us in a van to Mae Sot, and when I tried for a refund, I was told that since I agreed to take the TG van, the airline had fulfilled its responsibility and didn't owe me a refund. And arguing got me nowhere. So I'd say Kan Air didn't handle this case too badly at all.

TVF posters don't ya love 'em?

i won't bother reporting to help others in future

Kan Air should have contacted us as other airlines have done in the past by SMS or Email (or even a phone call) and I, for one, will never use them again as i'd rather go the usual route via Suvarnupom then taxi to Pattaya

once bitten...

My flight only had 5 passengers. The Premier jet has 6 seats but one seat was taken by a Kan Air staff. Your plane may well have gone tech and Kan Air are being completely honest?

I assumed that because this flight from Pattaya to CNX takes two hours that they would use the single engine Cessna Grand Caravan for this route which I see take off occasionally from Chiang Mai airport.

I have seen reference to their being only 9 seats on this journey and their website makes no mention of any other kind of plane of this size other than the business jet which as you say only has 6 seats.

http://www.kanairlines.com/web/our-fleet/

Edited by Asiantravel

TVF posters don't ya love 'em?

i won't bother reporting to help others in future

Kan Air should have contacted us as other airlines have done in the past by SMS or Email (or even a phone call) and I, for one, will never use them again as i'd rather go the usual route via Suvarnupom then taxi to Pattaya

once bitten...

Perhaps you should write to them with your complaint. Maybe they'll give you a free flight or something.

2 years ago i posted about kan air advertising flights Chiang mai Khonkaen then cancelling.

My post was locked, and i was told by admin i was lucky i was not suspended.

Now another poster saying the same thing post not blocked.

Why different rules for different people?????