ED visa application at immigration office Bangkok

Hello everybody,

After browsing numerous thaivisa topics I'm finally taking the step of posting my own as my case is a bit specific.

I'm a French student recently arrived in Bangkok under visa exemption stamp at Suvarnabhumi. I am attending an internship in a company regarding my studies in France (marketing).

My question is to know what are the odds of getting an ED visa (for training course and unpaid internship) directly at the immigration office in BKK ?

I am aware that regulations changed recently (as it seems to happen quite a lot) so do you guys know if it is possible? Or will I have to fly abroad for a regular application in a thai embassy ?

Thanks

You will not be able to change to a ED visa at immigration for an internship

You could not even get an extension of stay if you had a ED visa entry unless you were studying at a school registered here.

Not sure you will even be able to get a ED visa a nearby embassy or consulate.

You could check with the Vientiane embassy because they do show internships under their ED visa requirements. See: http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/vientiane/en/consular/consular_check/

Most people on internships get a multiple entry non-ed before traveling.

Thanks for your very quick answer.

So immigration office only gives to people already under a visa if I understand right?

Most embassies, Vientiane included, do show internships in their visa deliverance possibilities, but you don't think i'll get that in an embassy? Even for a study-related "training progam"?

I could not get any visa before traveling, and I'm looking for the simplest (and cheapest) way to get either ED or tourist visa now that I am in Thailand. If Immigration office is a no way, which embassy would you recommend ? I saw that KL or Singapore are not recommended already...

As I said check with Vientiane for the single entry ED visa.

You can get a 2 entry tourist visa in Vientiane also.

There is no provision for getting an extension of stay for an internship in the police order for them. In order to get a non immigrant visa at immigration you have to qualify for an extension of stay.