How much did it cost you to have a molar implant in BKK or Pattaya ?

thairookie

How much did it cost you ?

And how long the period between the extraction of tooth until the final implant ?

A Malaysian dentist in Malaysia quoted me in the region of 65,000 - 70,000 baht depending on the exchange rates. I was wondering if dentists in Bangkok or Pattaya could offer better rates since orthodontics in Thailand is among the cheapest in the world, I would say.

Edited by thairookie

I had that issue recently... Checked around with several Dental Clinics in BKK, admittedly, farang oriented one vs. the Thai streetcorner, who-knows-who dental shops.

You have to be kind of careful, because different clinics price things different ways: there's the implant itself, and then the cap on it, and then the crown that goes over the cap. Some clinics price only the implant itself, but the other parts are add-ons. Others price all three together as a total, which is the realistic way to look at it. And then, there are different materials that can be used for the crown with varying prices, metal, porcelain, gold (the latter being the most expensive).

Also, I found that some of the clinics' websites were out of date in terms of their pricing. So it's fine to look at a clinic's website as a starting point, but you'd certainly need to call and talk with them in detail because there are so many details involved in doing an implant.

All in all, at the farang oriented dental places I checked with around BKK, the total price estimates I got were in the 100,000 to 130,000 baht range.

I'm trying to remember the exact timeframes I was told. But it was something like:

1. pull the tooth or what remains of it now and let it heal 3 months.

2. Then do the implant with the cap.

3. And then, I can't remember clearly about this, I believe some additional time after that before putting the final permanent crown on.

Needless to say, you could go to a Thai government hospital dental clinic and I'm sure their estimate would be less. But you'd probably have a difficult time being able to identify a qualified implant dentist, Thai language fluency probably would be required, and it's hard to know what kind of timeframes would be involved.

But I still face the prospect of needing to have a molar implant done as well. So if anyone has any better ideas, I'd also like to hear them.

I am having work done at a Thai Government Hospital. I find that they are competent, and if they don't have confidence in their ability to perform a procedure, they will send you to someone who does. The only complaint I have is I have to wait a month between appointments.

All in all, at the farang oriented dental places I checked with around BKK, the total price estimates I got were in the 100,000 to 130,000 baht range.

I'm trying to remember the exact timeframes I was told. But it was something like:

1. pull the tooth or what remains of it now and let it heal 3 months.

2. Then do the implant with the cap.

3. And then, I can't remember clearly about this, I believe some additional time after that before putting the final permanent crown on.

But I still face the prospect of needing to have a molar implant done as well. So if anyone has any better ideas, I'd also like to hear them.

Thanks, pal.

But why do you need a crown when you're doing an entirely new implant?

I haven't asked around in BKK, but I wouldn't touch Bangkok Dental Hospital with a 8-foot pole. They are the most popular, but it also means they are the most expensive.

I am having work done at a Thai Government Hospital. I find that they are competent, and if they don't have confidence in their ability to perform a procedure, they will send you to someone who does. The only complaint I have is I have to wait a month between appointments.

Do you have any sense of what kind of pricing they have for doing a single tooth dental implant?

about 60000-75000 depending on the system and they usually extract the teeth a few months prior to let the bone fills in the hole. Though some of my friends get the teeth pulled and implants in right away, no idea why. Best to check with the dentist because the price also varies from place to place. I use Bangkok Smile Dental whenever i need my teeth fixed. Check them out they do great job.

I haven't asked around in BKK, but I wouldn't touch Bangkok Dental Hospital with a 8-foot pole. They are the most popular, but it also means they are the most expensive."

They are not the most expensive and very competitive compared to other places using the top implants like Strumann and BIDC have the most skilled oral surgeons who have done thousands of implants with a 98% success rate for almost a decade . Now any dentist can legally put in and implant and many cheap companies making implant . Watch a few videos on YouTube that show failed implant a few years down being cut out of the bone and the cost and time it requires to redu a failed implant because of being placed by unskilled dentist or failed part from cheap implant part . You get what you pay for so investigate don't believe me . BIDC 's implantologist surgeons do nothing but implants and bone augmentation unlike other dentist who spend most days doing many different procedures . The top implantologist at BIDC each have done close to 10,000 + implants in their career where a dentist with a special price on the window like you see all over Thailand has many times done only a few hundred or less learning on his patients that come to him for that so called good deal . Possibly pay now or pay later , up to you I know little but uncovering much . The top implantologist Dr. in Thailand is at BIDC he is lecturer at top universities in Asia also and only will put Strumann implants in and a real opportunity to have this kind of skill locally but all the oral surgeons there are top in Thailand and again cost there same as other top places and hospitals here by no means " the most expensive like the real thought above expressed that is not accurate . Hope this helps .