Theft Proof Shed.

chiangrai

I have no place to keep my tools and materials.

I only want a space about 3 meters square with a large door.

The problem is I want to be able to lock it.

I want to be able to park two motorbikes in it,put 2 laptops and any other valuables in it,leave my powerfools in it and go away for the weekend.

I wuold get one of those doors that you see on the shopfronts,a bit like our garage doors and lock it and that still isn't the problem.

T problem is that I have never seen a concrete wall in Thailand that wouldn't crumble with the first slap of a decent sledge hammer.

I tried to console mysef with the fact that they don't have any decent sledge hammers in Thailand but it's not working and then there's the roof.that I could do with precast concrete.

So I was wondering what people would recomend.Laying breeze blocks on the flat.reinforcod concrete e.c.t.

The best thing would be something portable like a small container because I'm in rented accomodationh but I know nothing about how theftptoof ot expencive they are or even if they make them that small.

All advice wellcome.

Cast concrete walls should do the trick for sledgehammer wielding bandits... But even then, I've seen builders grind & chisel their way through 20cm x 40cm cast beams... Maybe an underground bunker is a better choice? tongue.png

Seriously though, if you have people willing to use power tools & time to get in, they're getting in.

Edited by IMHO

Thinking about it now............we have nrighbours so it's not so much the tim or effort they have to give to break in,

it's the noise they have to make

Thinking this way it would be easier for them to spend half an hour with a slerdge than three minutus with an angle grinder.

But the shiping container will clock in at 60k pus a few sheets of plywoof for a floor

What price would I expect for a three meter square shed with precast concrete dlabs for the roof and a garage door.

What price would a 2.5 meter garage doo be.

Buy a shipping container.....20 ft is 49,000 baht

http://www.asiatradingonline.com/shippingfcl.htm

Cordless angle grinder will easily remove whatever you have securing the doors.

Yes, your right......problem he has is NOTHING he builds or puts in is "theft proof"

Nothing any one builds would be totally theft with out one taking measures that would not be cost effective

but one could take measures that would make it difficult enough to discourage any one but the most determined

I like the shipping container option, one could dress it up to make it more attractive, a roof can be attached to it to keep the sun off of it

• Like 1

Thinking about it now............we have nrighbours so it's not so much the tim or effort they have to give to break in,

it's the noise they have to make.

Wire-up a PIR inside and/or outside the container/shed connected to a bell and halogen light facing from house to container/shed with power supply switched on from inside the house before you go to bed to create maximium disturbance if anyone tries to enter. False alarms could be stopped by said power switch.

I worked on buildings sites all my life. The standard steel containers were regularly opened with oxy acetalene burners. Either burn off the lock housing or your typical movie bank raid...big hole in the side.

The only answer was to have a security man on site.

Off course with his wage of £4 an hour was easy to bribe to turn a blind eye.

Usual story afraid. Personally i leave my tools in an unlocked outside toilet fearing that padlocks give people the impression there is something beyond of value.

• Like 1

I would sit a security camera with sim card inside the shed. So when the door opens, it rings your phone instantly day or night. You can't stop people from breaking in, but cheap 21st century technology allows you to detect it as it happens pretty reliably.

• Like 1

I worked on buildings sites all my life. The standard steel containers were regularly opened with oxy acetalene burners. Either burn off the lock housing or your typical movie bank raid...big hole in the side.

The only answer was to have a security man on site.

Off course with his wage of £4 an hour was easy to bribe to turn a blind eye.

Usual story afraid. Personally i leave my tools in an unlocked outside toilet fearing that padlocks give people the impression there is something beyond of value.

Could you send me a map of where you live cheesy.gif

My solution a dog works.. until it gets killed.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1