Hydrofoam Rc 3-in-1 Boat/plane/land Vehicle

mallmagician

There is a shop in Icon Square toward the back on the ground floor that has all sorts of RC goodies. The owner is an avid RC'er himself and is very interesting to talk to. He's mainly into cars, but being involved in RC, I'm sure he would know where all the shops are.

No personal experience, but in talking with some guys flying RC planes around, there are supposed to be some shops on Charoen Prathet road near the church/school.

Also Chiang Mai Pantip Plaza on the third floor has a shop selling RC toys.

Cheers,

Chanchao

I'm considering buying an RC controled plane to harass the birds in the rice field. I want to charge the local kids 40 baht per hour to "play" with it. Will 40 baht per hour cover the cost to fly it?

Chownah

Not unless you can replace it for less than 40baht. Give it to any kid, and I guarantee that within 15 minutes he will be doing kamakazi runs on vehicles/motorcycles and flying around power lines.......

I'm considering buying an RC controled plane to harass the birds in the rice field. I want to charge the local kids 40 baht per hour to "play" with it. Will 40 baht per hour cover the cost to fly it?

Chownah

Not unless you can replace it for less than 40baht. Give it to any kid, and I guarantee that within 15 minutes he will be doing kamakazi runs on vehicles/motorcycles and flying around power lines.......

Don't they make some that collapse when crashing...the wing seperates from the fuselage and you can quickly re-assemble it?....sort of a beginner's plane that doesn't go very fast and designed a bit on the heavy and stourdy side? If the kids fly this out in the rice field there really isn't too much for them to crash it into except flat ground and rice plants.

Any idea what fuel for an hour costs?...and how many hours between motor rebuilds...and the cost of a motor rebuild? I'm assuming I could use rechargeable batteries for the RC unit and servos so that cost should be minimal.

Chownah

Chownah

Don't they make some that collapse when crashing...the wing seperates from the fuselage and you can quickly re-assemble it?....sort of a beginner's plane that doesn't go very fast and designed a bit on the heavy and stourdy side? If the kids fly this out in the rice field there really isn't too much for them to crash it into except flat ground and rice plants.

Any idea what fuel for an hour costs?...and how many hours between motor rebuilds...and the cost of a motor rebuild? I'm assuming I could use rechargeable batteries for the RC unit and servos so that cost should be minimal.

Chownah

To be honest, I havn't looked at the RC airplanes lately..... many years ago I had a gas powered airplane which had an 020 engine, which I could burn $5/hr in fuel. These engines used a type of JP4 fuel, which is expensive. The wings were attached to the fusalage by rubberbands for the breakup capability.

Like everything else though, electric engines have become more powerful & efficient along with battery packs becoming lighter, liquid fuel might be a thing of the past. I plan on going to airport plaza tomorrow, I will stop by the shop on the 3rd floor and see what is happening. I will report back!

Edited by Diablo Bob