Troops, police raid Peace TV to disrupt Chavalit's interview

webfact

"but the greater cause, trying to remove Yingluck and the Shin power base, was a greater cause, and the deaths were acceptable for the greater good... Why do I say that because any leader who started seeing his supporters killed and maimed if he truly felt anything for them would have stepped away from the confrontation and opted for different ways to bring the opposition down".

So how do you relate that to the fat little Mussolini clone who conspired with the army for 2 years to bring political violence to Thailand and set up a coup?

He was the leader who could have stopped the protests if he felt so strongly about their plight, but the greater cuss drove him forwards instead !!

Your keyboard must be driven by doolally tap!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky, Thai history didn't start in 2010 and that's not ten past eight at night either.

Try going all the way back to the 1930's and that's not half past Severn either, you might think you're too old to do homework but if you claim to know what's going on, then you needed to have gone back to before World War 2.

Why do you think there has been 19 coups since then?

I fail to see where history comes into it. I am talking about nothing other than how much better it is under THIS government than it was under Yingluck's and we don't want agitators that lost out in this coup from disrupting their (the government's) valuable work. I couldn't care less about things that happened nearly a century ago - it has absolutely no relevance to today!! This coup is different - probably the best and most needed coup to have happened in world history.

"I fail to see where history comes into it"

and that, dear poster, defines you

OK then, tell me why something that happened 80 years ago is relevant to today.

This (not really a coup as such as it turfed out an impotent interim government that wasn't functioning) succeeded in parting 2 squabbling infantile groups of children from tearing each other apart. He gave them not one, but two chances to reconcile as the situation was totally out of control and they spurned both opportunities. He simply stepped in and relieved them of their duties as he knew that he could do a far better job than them.

No other coup has any resemblance to this one so you cannot compare them at all which is why history is irrelevant.

Bearing this in mind, please tell me why history holds any relevance, as it doesn't.

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" (Winston Churchill) very clearly this applies to you who thinks this coup is unique. Must be an "Elite" coup this time. 555

The army really is terrified and losing the plot it seems.

Not really. It just shows the stupidity and ignorance of "Peace TV" who have already been shut down at least once.

Thay are so arrogant that they STILL don't believe that the law applies to them also.

LAW... is there a law for that ??

Lucky, Thai history didn't start in 2010 and that's not ten past eight at night either.

Try going all the way back to the 1930's and that's not half past Severn either, you might think you're too old to do homework but if you claim to know what's going on, then you needed to have gone back to before World War 2.

There have been that many Coups because some "important elites" dont want to let the power

with the People.. because then may be not anymore billions of the Thai BIP flow in their pockets..

An elected government Needs to be reelected.. and that will not happen if the majority of the People

dont feel to be well served.. thats an easy fact in every developped and democratic Country.

typical red shirt thinking, we can do as we please and no one can stop us. How long before they start killing and blowing things up again because they dont get their way, ptp just gave them a carte blanche to do as they please and they still think it applies. They should dismantle the broadcasting equipment and hit them with massive fines and jail time, the law is there to be followed not toyed with

1st prize for hyperbole - well done sir!

"but the greater cause, trying to remove Yingluck and the Shin power base, was a greater cause, and the deaths were acceptable for the greater good... Why do I say that because any leader who started seeing his supporters killed and maimed if he truly felt anything for them would have stepped away from the confrontation and opted for different ways to bring the opposition down".

So how do you relate that to the fat little Mussolini clone who conspired with the army for 2 years to bring political violence to Thailand and set up a coup?

Nice try, mixing up the sequence of events. No one wanted to remove Thaksin, Somchai, Yingluck and even Samak until something triggered people to protest against their governments which lead to the 2 recent coups. Guess what the common denominator of all these events was/is? The protection of the Shinawatras' financial/criminal interests.

Normal people start alphabet with the letter 'A', your logic starts with the 'Z'

C'mon, you can troll better than that.

Edited by SoilSpoil

Not really. It just shows the stupidity and ignorance of "Peace TV" who have already been shut down at least once.

Thay are so arrogant that they STILL don't believe that the law applies to them also.

Yes. How ting tong for them to think there is freedom of the press in Thailand.

I fail to see where history comes into it. I am talking about nothing other than how much better it is under THIS government than it was under Yingluck's and we don't want agitators that lost out in this coup from disrupting their (the government's) valuable work. I couldn't care less about things that happened nearly a century ago - it has absolutely no relevance to today!! This coup is different - probably the best and most needed coup to have happened in world history.

This (not really a coup as such as it turfed out an impotent interim government that wasn't functioning) succeeded in parting 2 squabbling infantile groups of children from tearing each other apart. He gave them not one, but two chances to reconcile as the situation was totally out of control and they spurned both opportunities. He simply stepped in and relieved them of their duties as he knew that he could do a far better job than them.

No other coup has any resemblance to this one so you cannot compare them at all which is why history is irrelevant.

Bearing this in mind, please tell me why history holds any relevance, as it doesn't.

I always laugh at 'it wasn't a coup because they just tossed out a care-taker government' line of reasoning, not to mention your take on the dear General's decision to 'intervene', but that is nothing compared to....

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

a-hem...

coffee1.gif

BANGKOK: -- Troops and police raided the Peace TV satellite TV station at 11 pm Wednesday to end the broadcast of an interview of former prime minister Gen Chavalit Yongchaiyudh.

They did not find Chavalit there because the station was airing his recorded interview.

He was the leader who could have stopped the protests if he felt so strongly about their plight, but the greater cuss drove him forwards instead !!

To be honest I'm struggling to get the gist of your post, your clearly making a reference to Suthep in your Mussolini part, you asked how I could relate about the greater good of the cause outweighing the deaths of the protestors, by what Suthep did.

He could have ended the protests, and that would have reduced the people on the streets therfore less opportunities for the red faction hellbent on causing death and injury, what's doolally about that exactly?

The mans ego was his problem he didn't seem to care about the deaths, he was getting more unstable as the days passed with final final final absolute final pushes

To be honest I'm struggling to get the gist of your post, your clearly making a reference to Suthep in your Mussolini part, you asked how I could relate about the greater good of the cause outweighing the deaths of the protestors, by what Suthep did.

He could have ended the protests, and that would have reduced the people on the streets therfore less opportunities for the red faction hellbent on causing death and injury, what's doolally about that exactly?

The mans ego was his problem he didn't seem to care about the deaths, he was getting more unstable as the days passed with final final final absolute final pushes

Well, I apologise if there is some kind of crossed line here (pun intended) but as I understand it from your posts you claim that YOU are happy to have the deaths of 30 Thai people if it meant that the heads of government who were democratically elected by the majority of Thai people were removed from politics. That alone qualifies you as dangerously doolally.

Further that you say that Suthep could have ended the protests, but surely you understand that it was Suthep who fermented the protests and caused deaths and injuries to many protestors by arranging for the army to prevent the police from closing down the protests and arresting (for instance) yellow shirt shooters and navy seals acting as agent provocateurs. By doing this they created the scenario for the army to take over. He admitted on TV that they plotted for 2 years to create a Casus belli to "provoke the army into making a coup".

But much worse, he ordered the army to open fire in 2010 and caused the deaths of many people unnecessarily. These deaths can't be justified by "men in Black" bs or protestors shooting at the army and "endangering the whole of Bangkok".

I know that some soldiers did not shoot as they were ordered as they knew it was wrong.

You are dead right (pun intended) about his instability, he makes a punctured balloon look like a moon shot.

But it's even worse, the man in charge now is the one who plotted with Suthep to take over the country and he was in charge of the army when they shot the protestors in 2010. If you can't see that the whole coup thing is a front to ensure they are not bought to justice for their actions then you must be blind as well as barmy.

but the worsist thing is, you will be able to go along deluding yourself that all is well because TIT and nothing will be done to put things right as it should be done.

But EVENTUALLY in the Thai way, things will even out.

Nice try, mixing up the sequence of events. No one wanted to remove Thaksin, Somchai, Yingluck and even Samak until something triggered people to protest against their governments which lead to the 2 recent coups. Guess what the common denominator of all these events was/is? The protection of the Shinawatras' financial/criminal interests.

Normal people start alphabet with the letter 'A', your logic starts with the 'Z'

C'mon, you can troll better than that.

Dream on brother, dream on.

Well, I apologise if there is some kind of crossed line here (pun intended) but as I understand it from your posts you claim that YOU are happy to have the deaths of 30 Thai people if it meant that the heads of government who were democratically elected by the majority of Thai people were removed from politics. That alone qualifies you as dangerously doolally.

Further that you say that Suthep could have ended the protests, but surely you understand that it was Suthep who fermented the protests and caused deaths and injuries to many protestors by arranging for the army to prevent the police from closing down the protests and arresting (for instance) yellow shirt shooters and navy seals acting as agent provocateurs. By doing this they created the scenario for the army to take over. He admitted on TV that they plotted for 2 years to create a Casus belli to "provoke the army into making a coup".

But much worse, he ordered the army to open fire in 2010 and caused the deaths of many people unnecessarily. These deaths can't be justified by "men in Black" bs or protestors shooting at the army and "endangering the whole of Bangkok".

I know that some soldiers did not shoot as they were ordered as they knew it was wrong.

You are dead right (pun intended) about his instability, he makes a punctured balloon look like a moon shot.

But it's even worse, the man in charge now is the one who plotted with Suthep to take over the country and he was in charge of the army when they shot the protestors in 2010. If you can't see that the whole coup thing is a front to ensure they are not bought to justice for their actions then you must be blind as well as barmy.

but the worsist thing is, you will be able to go along deluding yourself that all is well because TIT and nothing will be done to put things right as it should be done.

But EVENTUALLY in the Thai way, things will even out.

No mate far from happy there was any deaths everyone has/had the right to protest without fear of violence against them.

It does boggle one's boggle organs that the pro junta crowd can somehow see one tv station as a huge threat, but somehow justify the occupation and total disruption of electoral process which occurred with Suthep, his buddies and army backing. What might happen if red shirts were to do the same now? Live ammunition I would guess. Red Shirts were overly tolerant and finessed into becoming caretakers.... Yellow backers may point to amnesty bill as reason for "people's uprising", but my feeling is that move to make members of Parliament ELECTED and not half appointed really got them into coup mode.

Also, regarding "buying elections"; according to international monitors it wasn't enough to tip election one way or the other, and BOTH sides did it.

You start by saying "I fail to see where history comes into it" and then go on to say that this coup is "the best and most needed coup to have happened in world history." If you actually believe your last statement, you must be making some sort of historical comparison thereby making history relevant. You don't see the flaws in your own reasoning? Thanks for the laugh anyway.

BANGKOK: -- The Broadcasting Board decided on Monday to revoke the operating license of Peace TV allegedly for repeated violations of the announcement of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO).

Colonel Nathee Sakulrat, chairman of the Broadcasting Board, said that the commission had warned Peace TV which was owned by Peace Television Company on several occasions since last October that the contents of some programmes were deemed to be provocative, inciting disobedience and causing public misunderstanding.

On March 23, the commission decided to serve the television a written warning to Peace TV to comply with the law and to follow the agreement. Yet, the television continued to defy the agreement prompting the commission to suspend its operating license effective as of April 10 until April 17, said Colonel Nathee.

Peace TV resumed operations on April 18 but, again, it broadcasted contents found to be violating the agreement in a way which were deemed provocative and inciting public disobedience.

Reacting to the order revoking Peace TVs licence, Mr Natthawut Saikua, co-leader of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship, said he suspected the order came from someone above the Broadcasting Board.

billd, can you give a brief transcript of what they have been saying which justifies their shutting down?

So the answers no, you have no idea. Thanks for clarifying.

The answer is, in a dictatorship / monocracy there is no freedom of speech, so that would justify their shutting down.....

No danger of the army or police raiding a TV station in the US - we have our freedom of speech. There are media who hate Obama, and others who praise him, yet both can co-exist

Hence I'm confused why some TVF posters applaud this action here. Perhaps they have gone native (Bangkok style) and forgotten their civics training.

Yes I agree with you. it would seem that lots of TV posters who are either paid by the current government, to support any actions or practices the government does or we have a bunch of commies amongst our mist. Either way bah.gif .

I spectacularly fail to see the connection between supporting the present junta and being a communist. Please elaborate, o' wise onecoffee1.gif

Using the example of WWII resistance to the Nazis is as valid now as then. Remember "Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it."

If the junta is so sure of their rightness they should allow opposing speech and let the people see for themselves that they are the good guys. But since they know they are an illegal takeover government they can't allow free speech.

"I disapprove of what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it." (attributed to Voltaire)

I can imagine why Voltaire felt the need to make the above quote (alleged). smile.png

In 1715, Voltaire was exiled to Tulle for mocking the regent Orleans. In 1717, he returned to Paris, only to be arrested and exiled to the Bastille for a year on charges of writing libelous poetry. Voltaire was sent to the Bastille again in 1726, for arguing with the Chevalier de Rohan (Guy Auguste de Rohan-Chabot). He was detained there for two weeks before being shipped off to England, where he would remain for the next three years.

In 1733, the publication of Voltaire's Letters on the English Nation angered the French church and government, forcing the writer to flee to Lorraine. He remained there for the next 15 years with his mistress,

billd, can you give a brief transcript of what they have been saying which justifies their shutting down?

You mean you haven't been sitting there with your tongue hanging out eagerly listening.tongue.png

You can bet it had nothing to do with unity in Thailand.wai.gif

typical red shirt thinking, we can do as we please and no one can stop us. How long before they start killing and blowing things up again because they dont get their way, ptp just gave them a carte blanche to do as they please and they still think it applies. They should dismantle the broadcasting equipment and hit them with massive fines and jail time, the law is there to be followed not toyed with

I guess freedom of speech is already forgotten for martial law lovers. Just as long as they don't mess with your whores and booze everything is hunky-dory.

Especially if the law is arbitrarily imposed by a self appointed military junta, and is being used to silence criticism and stifle the opposition, you old champion of freedom of speech and democracy you!

Seajae is a thinking truthful responder-- very appropriate!

Indeed he is.

He also understands that there will be no change in Thailand unless some one takes over and changes it.

That is what is going on now.

Under the old system of do nothing but criticize to the point where nothing got done the country was going down hill fast.

Now Thailand has a leader willing to take charge and make necessary changes to start Thailand back on the road to unity. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Thailand was on its way to match Burma, Afghanistan along with Somalia for corruption and lack of care for the citizens.

People cry about free speech. Name me one country where you can say any thing you want.

I guess freedom of speech is already forgotten for martial law lovers. Just as long as they don't mess with your whores and booze everything is hunky-dory.

Well number one. There is no more Martial law.

Number two. How can you lose what you never had?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Exactly , similar to The French Resistance and the Russian Partisans. They were so arrogant they wouldn't let the Germans do what they wanted without "Interfering". But the Germans followed the law and shot them all

You need to take the "ex" out from the beginning of your name.

Comparing Thailand now to wartime Europe 70 years ago is pitiful at best.

PeaceTV (or as it's know locally, "The Thaksin Channel") is constantly encouraging armed, violent unrest against the "Bangkok Elite", cos they care about "the people" so much and want everyone to be "equal" (just so long as their red leaders are more equal than everyone else).

You need to understand that people will resist an un-elected Junta that has overthrown a Government the vast majority has voted for , Not scold them for breaking the Juntas rules. There are not all sheep , as many on here are

This "vast majority" would be the 48.41% that voted for PTP in 2011, is that correct? And I can't help but think your "sheep" reference is twisted the wrong way around.

And thanks, I understand things here quite well.

So tell us what % of the population voted for the current government if that is your point of reference?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

MIKT:

Exactly , similar to The French Resistance and the Russian Partisans. They were so arrogant they wouldn't let the Germans do what they wanted without "Interfering". But the Germans followed the law and shot them all

You need to take the "ex" out from the beginning of your name.

Comparing Thailand now to wartime Europe 70 years ago is pitiful at best.

PeaceTV (or as it's know locally, "The Thaksin Channel") is constantly encouraging armed, violent unrest against the "Bangkok Elite", cos they care about "the people" so much and want everyone to be "equal" (just so long as their red leaders are more equal than everyone else).

"... and you need to take the sujin out of your name - Tat tastless rubbish well describes your pathetic attempt to compare things you know nothing about and to try to smear Peace TV with your downright lies."

What downright lies?

Are you saying that Peace TV never tells lies, never twist the truth, never broadcasts hate speeches, never encourages violence?

What I am saying is: quote "PeaceTV is constantly encouraging armed, violent unrest against the "Bangkok Elite", cos they care about "the people" so much and want everyone to be "equal" (just so long as their red leaders are more equal than everyone else)" is a downright lie. Which it is; and even more of a lie because there are no "Elite" in Bangkok, only people who delude themselves they are "Elite"; and it is those delusions that cause the continued coups, removal of democracy and the misery of political violence in Thailand.

"...cos they care about "the people" so much...."

- You really believe that? You fail homework miserably.

- So that's good enough reason to broadcast continuous very nasty hate speeches and encourage folks to burn down Bangkok..... and prevent other politicians from entering Essan areas to talk to the electorate...

If they really care about the people then how come they have never proposed any specific legislation whatever, including the key to it all, much improved education, which would gain a better quality of life for all through their own productivity?

Edited by scorecard

Especially if the law is arbitrarily imposed by a self appointed military junta, and is being used to silence criticism and stifle the opposition, you old champion of freedom of speech and democracy you!

Indeed he is.

He also understands that there will be no change in Thailand unless some one takes over and changes it.

Under the old system of do nothing but criticize to the point where nothing got done the country was going down hill fast.

Now Thailand has a leader willing to take charge and make necessary changes to start Thailand back on the road to unity. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Thailand was on its way to match Burma, Afghanistan along with Somalia for corruption and lack of care for the citizens.

People cry about free speech. Name me one country where you can say any thing you want.

Technically you can say what you want in any country, what you mean is say what you want without being arrested and detained for what you said.

It also depends on what it is you want to say, if I wanted to say, for example in Scotland ,that David Cameron is a &lt;deleted&gt;, there a 99.999% chance I'd get away with that ?

Advocating violence and insurrection is not free speech.

It's arrogant to think it somehow is.

Neither is starting you will seize Governemt house by force and try to detain members of the caretaker government and have people like Michael Yon ask his sheeple to "hunt" down government officials including Yingluck.

But that's okay as the shirt colour is the right one ?

Both sides are just as bad as each other with their hate speeches, Chitpas saying Reds were too dumb to vote isn't showing hate? calling Reds Buffaloes isn't classed as hate ?

They all should be shut down down regardless the colour and ladies beach volleyball shown instead!!

Hello Haggis

the exact words from Chitipas were "they don't understand democracy" I know I saw her speak several times at RDNK in Nov 2013 and on that occasion these were her exact words ever since she has been misquoted countless times by every tom dick and harry here at TVF, Thai media and western media ( thank You Mr.Head ) even Suthep's foaming at the mouth tedious monologues could not match what was said at around the same time and during April/May by the UDD. Quote " I hate Sondhi and those n***ers from the south" this one sometime in Nov 2013 at the sports stadium in Ramkhamhaeng, Natawood screaming for the country to be carved up for his/their Isaan lanna state in Feb 2014. The UDDN TV channel ( Now Peace TV Yeah right!!!) having an icon fixed in the bottom left of the screen which read "civil war next month" and please don't forget the fist punching crowd pleasing cop in Korat who cheered the murder of a 9 year old little girl the previous day.

Western media basically lied their asses of about what was said and not said by the PDRC during that period and to be honest I kinda agree with what Chitipas REALLY DID say during that speech

Regards

BKKstooge

Thank you for correcting the mistruths that were posted.

Indeed he is.

Technically you can say what you want in any country, what you mean is say what you want without being arrested and detained for what you said.

It also depends on what it is you want to say, if I wanted to say, for example in Scotland ,that David Cameron is a <deleted>, there a 99.999% chance I'd get away with that ?

Ironically under the previous regime there is a chance you would be assassinated. for saying that. There were also another 16 human rights advocates murdered and disposed of that disagreed with the previous regime never to be heard of again. How many have been murdered under the current Junta? Jatupron is still kicking I see. Nattawat is still around. Tida apparently respected the latest court case result (surprises never cease). So who is dead? All arrested have been released, all detained have been released.

Amazing Thailand. An undemocratic government treat the majority better than the elected government.

Interesting that when the elected government are in power, murder and assassinations are acceptable to some, yet when a Junta that came in on the shoulders of the majority (that I suspect hate murder and terrorism) stop the murder and assassinations and terrorism thus reversing the actions of the previous regime that is not ok according to some.

I think yingluck was abusing the tax payers privileges (not the rice farmers) when going to the Maldives and she abused her position at the four seasons…

I bet David Cameron didn't have the driver murder the person (Akeyuth) that highlighted this….

Like your MIB theory that because not many soldiers died meant there were no MIB or they were not elite soldiers is implausible and illogical…A bit like your theory on "One pick up truck of guns is no sign the Junta have done a good job on removing illegal guns from Thailand" theory.

If not for my kind heartedness I would pity you more than I currently do my friend. Take care and please try to keep away from the 7% evil that is trying to divide the nation with bombs and hatred...

I wouldn't grant broadcasting rights to any group which included persons who had previously stood on stage inciting the crowd to burn whole cities and even nations to the ground.

I believe in total freedom to broadcast for all groups, including minority groups (I'm not saying this group is minority) and even for fairly obscure quirky fringe groups.

However, any group that talks about burning cities to the ground etc., should not expect the same future broadcasting rights as normal peaceful groups. Part of moving on into a peaceful and inclusive future is about remembering the deranged and violent outbursts made by certain group spokespersons in the past.