Two murder suspects arrested for killing teacher

Thaivisa News

Nakhon Sawan: – Police have arrested two murder suspects, a woman and a man, involved in the murder of teacher Rapin Klinkesorn, 56.

The two, Rosarin Chanthakul, 29 and Adisorn Kachornkiatsakul, 19, admitted to killing Rapin in order to avoid repaying 40,000 baht loan and to rob two-baht gold necklace which turned out to be a fake.

The case came to light on Tuesday after Rapin’s relatives alerted Banphot Phisai police about his disappearance.

Rapin is a younger brother of Narcotics Suppression Bureau commissioner Police Lt General Rewat Klinkesorn.

Witness said the victim was last seen with a woman, presumably Rosarin.

Rapin and Rosarin were known to having an affair for years. And she repeatedly refused to repay the loan, Rewat said.

On Wednesday’s morning, police received a report that a sedan, which matched Rapin’s car, was burned down in a sugar cane field at Banphot Phisai district.

They went to investigate and confirmed that the car belonged to Rapin. Witness said they saw the fire on Tuesday’s night.

CCTV checks found that Rapin and Rosarin made a stop at a restaurant before heading out of Nakhon Sawan. This prompted police to track Rosarin down yesterday at Ayutthaya where she was making merit at a Buddhist temple.

After confronted with CCTV footage and witness statement, Rosarin admitted she had killed the victim.

She said she and Adisorn planned the killing. On the day in question, she asked to meet the victim who again asked for loan repayment.

She asked the victim to drive her to KamphaengPhet to get the money. Adisorn followed in another car. On the way, she gave an insecticide-laced drink to the victim who passed out after drinking it.

She then let Adisornstab him several times but he would not die. So Adisorn slashed his throat to finish him off. The two left the body at a dump site in Kamphaeng Phet and burned down the car in Nakhon Sawan.

After learning about the murder, Rosarin’s creditor, known as Firn, turned in the gold necklace as evidence, saying she discovered it was a fake after trying to sell it.

Killing someone for 40,000 Baht facepalm.gif

indeed that's a lot of money.

worse is if they kill a streetfood-vendor for 400 Baht, as it happens too..... welcome to South-East-Asia, where life still truly has a value....

Firstly I would never lend money to a Thai girl for any reason

Just a formula for loosing money.

4 Thai woman in the last year have asked to borrow money from me . Ha and one of them did not even know me but said she would definitely pay me back.

Is this that Thai people think Farang are stupid. They must because they keep doing the same stuff over and over again.

They will half to find cheese on the moon before I would lend money to a Thai woman.

Edited by realenglish1
  • Like 1

Ten years ago, I loaned my, then, new Thai GF 300,000 Baht to buy a business (I never lend money I can't afford to lose). Three years later when she sold her business (she got a good offer on it), she paid me back every satang and without my ever asking. She is now my mia noi for seven years. I have loaned her money from time to time and she always repays. My Thai friends say she is extremely unusual for doing that; almost to the point of not believing me. She is very strict on herself and everyone around her so it makes me feel special that I pass her high standards of behavior. She is very hard but lovely. loyal, and hard working. I treat her like she is royalty; with honor and respect. I consider myself very lucky to have met her. The moral of my story is: never lend money you need to get back and live as if the money is already gone forever. Life may just surprise you... or not.

Here's my theory: When this guy, Khun Rapin, kept reminding Khun Rosarin that her debt was past due, he was reminding her she was not an honorable or trustworthy person. She lost 'face' every time she saw or spoke to him as he wouldn't let it go (as it was also a matter of 'face' for him to be repaid). Eventually, in her mind, he became her tormentor and she was his victim (I am just supposing here) and to stop his 'harassment' she and her accomplice 'did him in'. He was evil and deserved to die. As a Westerner, I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the Eastern way of thinking but stranger thought processes than what I have described are possible; even in the West. In Thailand, it seems, someone or something else is always to blame and Thais are never wrong and it is dangerous to point out when you think they are wrong. Mai pben rai are words to live by, here.

...that is..... 'what you are dealing with'......

...so get real about........... 'inflammatory posts'......

...you can't make this stuff up.......but it happens every day........

Another lucid post.

Ten years ago, I loaned my, then, new Thai GF 300,000 Baht to buy a business (I never lend money I can't afford to lose). Three years later when she sold her business (she got a good offer on it), she paid me back every satang and without my ever asking. She is now my mia noi for seven years. I have loaned her money from time to time and she always repays. My Thai friends say she is extremely unusual for doing that; almost to the point of not believing me. She is very strict on herself and everyone around her so it makes me feel special that I pass her high standards of behavior. She is very hard but lovely. loyal, and hard working. I treat her like she is royalty; with honor and respect. I consider myself very lucky to have met her. The moral of my story is: never lend money you need to get back and live as if the money is already gone forever. Life may just surprise you... or not.

"...it makes me feel special that I pass her high standards of behavior...I treat her like she is royalty; with honor and respect.

What a joke. She obviously sets the bar very low when it comes to standards of behaviour and so do you if her standards make you feel special. It's a shame that you don't treat your wife with the same honour and respect that you give to your bit on the side.

Most people would see a much different moral to this story.