Petition aims to get children to wear motorbike helmets

Lite Beer

Oh please please please! I cringe everytime I see it. Once in a blue moon I see kids with helmets and I applaud them.

I'd sign a petition, but I suspect I need 4 Thai votes for my vote to be valid (early morning sarcasm, I should edit myself), but yeah, I think it's a great initiative.

[Edit]: Wouldn't this be a better government idea than some outmoded electronic device of one per child? I know they'd need to change sizes of helmet as they grow up, but much better for the kids in so many ways.

Edited by Shiver
  • Like 2

So the start a petition ... this simply goes to show they are NOT capable of enforcing the law.

Certainly things and the law should change. They should ensure that no child under the age of 10 is permitted to ride pillion and no person under the age of 17 should be permitted to operate a vehicle and that should only be permitted after extensive training and a written test.

Adults with children on their bikes should have the motorcycle taken from them, and maybe charged for child neglect also. Hit the selfish morons where it hurts. The police could then hold monthly auctions; cheap bikes for the public, some extra cash for the police. Whatever, just make those selfish w@@@@@s pay for not ensuring their child's safety.

• Like 1

School gate: no helmet? No school.

Simple, logical, won't happen - I know....

Not so simple & not so logical..

100 yards from the school gates the kids will put on the helmet..

going home 100 yards down the road off-comes the helmet.

You cannot change or enforce the law just for a certain age group.... change the law completely.

As from a certain date all persons riding/or pillion on a motorcycle must wear a helmet END OF STORY !!!

Will it ever happen.... not in my life-time.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good idea... Its very hard to buy helmets for kids that fit.

Sent from my c64

Hole in the markets.

Good to see they also explained how NOT to wear a helmet - as displayed by the model in the middle.

How I agree with you. I've seen many women with helmets that are perched on the back of the head and not fastened. I assume to keep from spoiling their hair. I'm no expert, but that seems quite useless to me if they are thrown off the bike.

The 'models' appear to encourage this.

Maybe make it compulsory when a motor cycle is sold. Buyers must buy 2 children's helmets or they cant buy the bike. After that if caught with a child on the bike without a helmet fine. Second time confiscate the bike

• Like 1

Petition for what?

It's the LAW.

Enforce it.

Forget the 100baht fine. Make it 1000baht, more for second and third offences. And if the kids are under the age of majority ,then fine the parents/guardians as well..... double!

It really doesn't take more than a will to change!

Edited by prakhonchai nick

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Unless they can persuade people it is a must have fashion accessory I do not see things improving unfortunately.

Put the Apple symbol on it and everyone will buy them

• Like 2

I thought the LAW stated that everyone / anyone on a motorcycle had to wear a helmet? So to me this petition is really stupid. But if the petitioned the cops to enforce the laws instead of looking th other way that would be good.