Problems With A School Computer, Running Windows 8.1

lostinisaan

Hello,

The PC I'm using at school worked pretty well before summer break. I had a Acronis Back=Up, but it seems that I've accidentally deleted it.

I tried to do a Windows restore, but it doesn't seem to work, showing "preparing for back up" way to long. What are my options, without putting on all the programs one by one?

Would I have a better chance to just do a restore in safe mode? The PC ran well on on;y 2 GB of memory, the 64 but version.

Any ideas would be deeply appreciated. School will start on Thursday and I'll have to get it ready by then.

Thanks a lot in advance. wai2.gif

If you do a restore from the BIOS (safe mode) you might lose recent documents.

Do you have backups of your files ?

Perhaps you could perform a non-destructive reinstall of Windows ?

see this page for your options: https://www.winhelp.us/non-destructive-reinstall-of-windows-7.html

You're in a better posistion if you have Windows DVD and another computer at hand.

Edited by RandomSand
  • Like 1

Nope, but I can save the important stuff on drive D....

I think I know what caused the machine to act like its memory's too low. It showed genuine in the beginning and I guess an update found out that the program isn't genuine.

Edited by lostinisaan

Backup: Yes it would be safer to do that before you start making any major changes to Windows.

What's wrong with the system that you need to restore ?

I think I know what caused the machine to act like its memory's too low. It showed genuine in the beginning and I guess an update found out that the program isn't genuine.

I'm not sure if non-genuine Windows would be the reason for it to run slower.

If you have a spare slot for RAM you could double the memory for about B650 .

Edited by RandomSand

Nope, but I can save the important stuff on drive D....

My bold.

Since it appears this is a non-legal copy of Windows I'm afraid forum rules prevent further discussion.

PM myself or another online Mod with a really good reason to re-open.