Udon Thani bar closing times?

topt

Was in Udon last Friday night and drifted around a number of the beer bars before ending up in Mr Tongs. Had just ordered and received drinks, place was starting to fill up when the lights came on, music went off and people started to leave - all around 12.30/45 or so. Someone said there were a couple of BIB on a bike outside.

Earlier in one of the two bar complexes everybody started to close up around 12.

After Mr Ts then went to Yellow Bird where there were no signs of it closing any time soon.

Last time I was in Udon Mr Ts was going strong at 3am so is the official bar closing time now 12?

Not sure about the official time, but we were in Day and night on Sunday night, and at 12 everything closed up, we did stay until 1 am ( with the doors down ) as we were in a long conversation with the bar owner, incidentally she wouldnt sell us a drink after 12 but did give us one.

Not sure about the official time, but we were in Day and night on Sunday night, and at 12 everything closed up, we did stay until 1 am ( with the doors down ) as we were in a long conversation with the bar owner, incidentally she wouldnt sell us a drink after 12 but did give us one.

What a drink?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they weren't hurrying anybody out in any of the places I mentioned.

If 12 is the new normal that is far too early for the weekend especially and I won't be bothering to stop by again.

Where's Mr T' please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Tongs is just down from the Centre Point night market and around the corner from the Tops Hotel/Irish Clock bar.

I was told that the City lodge (or whatever name it goes by now) has a 24 hrs license ......haven't been able to check it out as now I tend to nod off in the chair at about 10-30...................sad.png

Seems they were always tougher on Mr T then anywhere else, don't know who he didn't pay managed to upset in the past.

I believe for certain licenses 12 is the official time. Most places stay open way past that, but of course certain fees are paid, and some times there is a crackdown. I can remember years ago in the nineties in Bangkok every fall after the police and army reshuffle there was a crackdown when the bars had to close early, then by November when the tourist season started everything was back to normal. If I'm not mistaken in April there is a mini shuffle, so maybe you got caught up in that.

I believe for certain licenses 12 is the official time. Most places stay open way past that, but of course certain fees are paid, and some times there is a crackdown. I can remember years ago in the nineties in Bangkok every fall after the police and army reshuffle there was a crackdown when the bars had to close early, then by November when the tourist season started everything was back to normal. If I'm not mistaken in April there is a mini shuffle, so maybe you got caught up in that.

Thanks, makes some sense. Just that "normal" in Pattaya seems to be 2am with many open beyond that.

Mr Ting Tong used to lock the door and continue on regardless.

I believe that was before the martial law stuff....maybe it's different now. The bar next door used to be good...before the employees murdered their boss. (Club 59?)

Yes we thought he was going to try and carry on this time but then the waiters started to clear everything and other punters started to leave.

No club next door - how long ago was that?

I always thought it was paying off the police to stay open longer.Maybe I was wrong or times have changed.I'm surprised that some bottle clubs haven't opened up.After 1 A.M.go into A place with your own bottle.The doors are

Locked behind you.The owner collects A cover charge and supplies the set up's.No alcohol.

For bars, the official closing time is midnight. For clubs a little later (other than the places as mentioned above like ex-City Lodge, I'm told, which I don't have any experience with though I suspect the license holder has friends perhaps - I'm just speculating there and don't have any facts at all).

Some bars off the beaten track will push the boat out a little, but not too much, and if the BiB swing by then all the lights are off, and bills will always be paid by midnight anyhow, so they might go home and leave you to finish your drink at your own risk.

You can find Thai food places that are more relaxed than this, but not farang bars, they're in fear.