Issuance of Thai driving licenses will be tougher under revised rule

webfact

My mates Thai wife in Qld Australia works with a Thai lady that has driven in Thailand for ten years with a legal Thai licence, she is now on her fortieth , 40, driving lesson with a driving instructor in Qld Australia , and has failed three times going for her Qld Australian driving licence, the driving instructor told her husband he thinks she will never get a licence in Qld Australia, but she drove legally in Thailand for ten years.

the plural of anecdote is not data.

Sorry but I am going to steal that line - it is too good to stay just in this thread.

It's a pretty standard response in critical thinking - to point out a logical fallacy - as may people don't realise how poor their arguments really are.

Edited by cumgranosalum

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mates Thai wife in Qld Australia works with a Thai lady that has driven in Thailand for ten years with a legal Thai licence, she is now on her fortieth , 40, driving lesson with a driving instructor in Qld Australia , and has failed three times going for her Qld Australian driving licence, the driving instructor told her husband he thinks she will never get a licence in Qld Australia, but she drove legally in Thailand for ten years.

If there are enough of them it is.

My ex could legally drive a car in the UK because she has a piece of plastic saying she can, in reality, she can't, she is useless.

I doubt that I know more than two fingers worth on one hand the number of Thai friends who have the same piece of plastic, that would not be stopped by the police in the UK in the first hour of getting behind the wheel.

Thai driving instruction is worthless, and traffic law enforcement here only has value to the boys in brown.

"If there are enough of them it is." - absolutely not!

If there are enough of them it is.

My ex could legally drive a car in the UK because she has a piece of plastic saying she can, in reality, she can't, she is useless.

I doubt that I know more than two fingers worth on one hand the number of Thai friends who have the same piece of plastic, that would not be stopped by the police in the UK in the first hour of getting behind the wheel.

Thai driving instruction is worthless, and traffic law enforcement here only has value to the boys in brown.

"If there are enough of them it is." - absolutely not!

Why not?

So you think this is a short amusing account and not true, maybe you will be laughing all the way to your grave one day if you have an encounter with one of many same incompetent drivers that are driving here in Thailand, can I ask are you the self appointed policeman of true data for TV ?