Affirmation Of Marrige/ Sv Visa

hi all, i have done a lot of reading on this site but i do have 2 questions.

1.do i still go to the british embassy to get an affirmation of marrige certificate or would i now go to the outsoursing centre?

2 if i apply for a settlement visa with my wife in january is it ok to ask the embassy that if an interview is needed could they make the date for the interview after about mid march ? i ask this question as my wife to be wont be able to come to the uk untill june and i know that she needs to be a full 2 years in uk to be able to apply for leave to remain. i understand that the embassy can post date visas for only 3 months. i want to apply with her in january because i will be in thailand and we can sort out all the documents together but i

must return to uk in febuary.

thanks for any advice

scooty

1. Making an Affirmation is a consular matter. Therefore, I think that you would need to go to the Embassy directly for this. See also

Royal Thai Embassy's General Guidance for British Nations wishing to marry in Thailand

British Embassy's Guidance for British Nationals Wishing to Marry in Thailand

Department of Local Administration's Marriage Registration.

2. There's no harm in asking. However, if her application is successful where no interview is required, they may issue the visa in January! See How long will my application take?

Edited by vinny

1. Making an Affirmation is a consular matter. Therefore, I think that you would need to go to the Embassy directly for this. See also

Royal Thai Embassy's General Guidance for British Nations wishing to marry in Thailand

British Embassy's Guidance for British Nationals Wishing to Marry in Thailand

Department of Local Administration's Marriage Registration.

2. There's no harm in asking. However, if her application is successful where no interview is required, they may issue the visa in January! See How long will my application take?

cheers Vinny, so it looks like i definitlly go to the embassy then.

as regards the visa application , it looks like a bit of a lucky dip really, if she gets a visa in january , then at the latest the visa will start in april, but she will not come to uk untill june therefore she will not have been in uk for 2 years when it comesto applying for the leave to remain, what a pain in the ass. what can i do ?

Whilst I can understand that you want to be there when she hands the application in, the maximum period a visa can be post dated for is 3 months. Also, if an interview is required then the wait (at the moment) is about 3 months. Therefore if the plan is for her to come next June she should apply in March and ask that the visa be post dated to June.

This is important, because if her visa does expire before she has spent the required 2 years in the UK to qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain then she will need to apply for Further Leave to Remain, at a cost of (currently) £335 by post or £500 in person, to make up the time difference, and then pay the same fee again a couple of months later for ILR.

Edited by GU22

Whilst I can understand that you want to be there when she hands the application in, the maximum period a visa can be post dated for is 3 months. Also, if an interview is required then the wait (at the moment) is about 3 months. Therefore if the plan is for her to come next June she should apply in March and ask that the visa be post dated to June.

This is important, because if her visa does expire before she has spent the required 2 years in the UK to qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain then she will need to apply for Further Leave to Remain, at a cost of (currently) £335 by post or £500 in person, to make up the time difference, and then pay the same fee again a couple of months later for ILR.

ok thanks gu22 if the wait for an interview is 3 months then that would suit me fine but i have read some posts lately and some lads have said that they have have had interviwes very quickly . ie 3 or 4 weeks. ill just have to think about how to play it.

just out of interest my lady is currentlly in hospital with serious food poisoning , she eat a pork noodle dish from a street stall and is in a bad way

good luck all

scooty