Can you auto-pay or auto-debit pay your electric bill in Pattaya ?

When I asked my SCB bank about enrolling in auto-debit for my gov't. electric bill, I was told that I need to go to the electric dept. and bring back a form for the bank to certify my signature. Then I would need to return that same form back to the electric dept which is far away. Is there a easier way ? I read elsewhere about enrolling at the ATM machine ? I see no option for that at the ATM machine. Thanks for any help.

When I did it I did exactly what your bank said, except that the bank sent the completed form to the PEA for me.

All very simple and has worked perfectly ever since.

I dont trust ATMs very much here.

By the way, there are several branches of the PEA around so you should not have to go so far.

Edited by KittenKong

When I did it I did exactly what your bank said, except that the bank sent the completed form to the PEA for me.

By the way, there are several branches of the PEA around so you should not have to go so far.

Thanks for that info...

Thank you for your help...Do you know if any of the PEA locations are near Big-C Extra on Pattaya Klang(Pattaya Central)?

I had to go through the whole rigmarole but once I did it has worked perfectly.

Thanks, I'm hoping to get this step-up so I don't need to worry if my bill comes each month.

Thank you for your help...Do you know if any of the PEA locations are near Big-C Extra on Pattaya Klang(Pattaya Central)?

Isn't there one a couple of hundred yards down Klang going towards the beach?

Apparently there is also one in the Royal Garden Mall.

Thanks...I'll have to check and see if those branch offices can do it...

Is their any monthly fee from the bank or electric company for doing this ?

SCB has autogiro/automatic payment options in their online bank (scbeasy.com) through their e-bill solution, but only a number of companies offer e-bill as an alternative option, such as CAT Telecom, Metropolitan Electricity Authority (MEA), Metropolitan Waterworks Authority (MWA) and TT&T MaxNet Hi-Speed Internet.

You need to contact your electricity company to hear if they have this solution available for customers.

https://www.scbeasy.com/v1.4/site/presignon/en/srv/srv_ebl.asp

Edited by HOAX

SCB has autogiro/automatic payment options in their online bank (scbeasy.com) through their e-bill solution, but only a number of companies offer e-bill as an alternative option, such as CAT Telecom, Metropolitan Electricity Authority (MEA), Metropolitan Waterworks Authority (MWA) and TT&T MaxNet Hi-Speed Internet.

You need to contact your electricity company to hear if they have this solution available for customers.

I hope SCB adds PEA electric in the future. Thank you for your info.

PEA have an office in Big C Extra now by the food court.

Thanks...I don't recall ever seeing PEA there but I will check again...Thank you.

I hope SCB adds PEA electric in the future. Thank you for your info.

You can pay your electricity bill online with PEA, and most likely with autogiro through your online bank as well.

https://epay.pea.co.th/epay/

A Google search is usually not very dangerous, you know. All I did was search "PEA", and the first thing that came up was PEA ePay.

SCB don`t have to do anything. E-Billing is universal, nothing more for SCB to do, it`s already laid out for companies to take in use, but since E-Billing in Thailand is not a popular demand yet, most companies have not bothered with setting this up for it`s customers, other than the companies with the most monthly paid subscribers.

Edited by HOAX

The only problem I've heard is it's hard to stop the auto payments. Even after you've notified them, left the property, etc. Your account still gets dinged.

I pay at 7/11 or somewhere like that. Easy. Actually have the maid do it...giggle.gif

Paying at 7/11 is what I usually do but I am concerned if I never receive any bill. The main Pattaya office is far away.

That's a valid concern. We didn't get one after we just bought the house. They came and took the meter. Luckily, we were renovating, so it wasn't a big deal. But we've had this happen at least twice in the past 5 years.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The office on Klang closed about 2 years ago unfortunately.

Don't know about the RG mall.

Thanks...I don't recall ever seeing PEA there but I will check again...Thank you.

Definitely there as I paid a few weeks ago. Been open since the beginning of this year - on the left against the wall/window looking out on to Klang as you walk towards the food court area.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The office on Klang closed about 2 years ago unfortunately.

Don't know about the RG mall.

Definitely there as I paid a few weeks ago. Been open since the beginning of this year - on the left against the wall/window looking out on to Klang as you walk towards the food court area.

Thanks....Yes, I saw that PEA office today by the food court...The staff told me that even if I don't get my monthly bill I could still pay using a older bill with the acct. # .