No more "Additional Pages" for US Passports

I just got this from a Thai friend that works with international issues:

This is for the attention of staff holding U.S. Passports.

Effective 01 January 2016, The US Department of State will phase out the granting of additional pages on U.S. passports. U.S. Embassies worldwide started issuing 52-page passports since

01 October,2014.

The request for additional pages on existing passports will still be accepted until 31 December 2015.

Please check the U.S. Embassy website in your respective locations for instructions.

For your information and guidance.

• Like 1

whistling.gif Yes this info was previously posted on this forum. but that's alright we don't mind posting it again anyhow

I will be getting a new passport myself in the next month or so.

My passport expires in October 2015, but you can get a new one early if you need to.

You need to make an appointment here in Bangkok with the U.S. embassy with the American Citizens Services to do such a thing now.

You can book on-line.

If you travel a lot, make an appointment fr same day that you pick up your new passport and have the extra pages added when you pick it up. I think that they will put the maximum number allowed for the $82.

• Like 1

You can own 2 passports in most cases if you ask. It used to just be if you were traveling to Israel or Middle-east, but you should be able.

They both won't be 10 years. One will be 10 years, and the other will be 2 years or something like that. For people who travel very frequently, you can fill up the shorter validity passport.

A better idea over time is to create an ISO standard that dictates the maximum visa stamp/sticker size and also the maximum entry/exit stamp size. Does a 1/3/6 month visa really need an entire page? 1/2 page is sufficient and can contain all the info needed.

Thread already running in home country section

Just got a message from my company that beginning in 2016 extra pages will no longer be added to any US passport, and to take action early if warranted. I can't see the justification for this additional hassle and expense, system has worked fine forever. Queue the typical bleatings of "security" considerations.

I have received pages overnight US Embassy, Tokyo. Same day service at LA Federal building. Probably look into getting them here soon. My passport is filling up fast with immigration chops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk