Traveling by bus from Bangkok to Pattaya

And the other bus service with final destination at Jomtien bus station near Theprasit.

Usual stops near North and Central rd.

134 Baht, every hour.

Counter is side by side with Bell bus.

Edited by KhunBENQ

International airport, Suvarnabhumi. On arrival go to level 1. Bell Transport there has buses to Pattaya.

Bell bus - life if their hands. Never again. Hire a private car. Only my opinion with my first & last experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

International airport, Suvarnabhumi. On arrival go to level 1. Bell Transport there has buses to Pattaya.

Bell bus - life if their hands. Never again. Hire a private car. Only my opinion with my first & last experience

What happened?

I have used Bell the last 4 years and allways had a safe and nice ride.

The bus from Suvarnabhumi will take you to Jom Tiem for around 150baht. Then it's a 10baht ride on the local vans to either Pattya city or down to Jom Tiem beach.

Buses from BKK bus stations are cheap, but finish up at Pattya North bus station. The area is infected with small black ""taxis" which will demand 300baht or more to take you anywhere.

IMO, a bus from Suvarnabhumi seems the best option. If you land at Don Muang, you can only use the free shuttle bus if you have a connecting flight. There is a bus running from gate 4 at Don Muang which will take you to MoChit bus terminal and then book a bus to Pattya (north) and be prepared to pay double the bus fare to go to Jom Tien/Pattya city.

The bus from Suvarnabhumi will take you to Jom Tiem for around 150baht. Then it's a 10baht ride on the local vans to either Pattya city or down to Jom Tiem beach.

Buses from BKK bus stations are cheap, but finish up at Pattya North bus station. The area is infected with small black ""taxis" which will demand 300baht or more to take you anywhere.

IMO, a bus from Suvarnabhumi seems the best option. If you land at Don Muang, you can only use the free shuttle bus if you have a connecting flight. There is a bus running from gate 4 at Don Muang which will take you to MoChit bus terminal and then book a bus to Pattya (north) and be prepared to pay double the bus fare to go to Jom Tien/Pattya city.

"Small black taxis" charging 300 baht? Why not just take the songtaew for around 50 baht?

Had no issue with Bell bus (3 times or so).

But the last few times I preferred the bus to Jomtien ("389 bus") and then getting to the hotel on my own (motorcycle taxi preferrably).

With the ever increasing traffic chaos the van service of Bell bus looses some of its appeal (either risking to miss the bus or the bus is waiting endlessly for the shuttle vans to come in.

Doesn't Bell also go to Don Muang now?

Yes due to their website.

But only 12h and 17h, 400 Baht.

Useless for me.

https://www.belltravelservice.com/pages/PageAboutSharedTransfer.aspx

Edited by KhunBENQ

What happened?

I have used Bell the last 4 years and allways had a safe and nice ride.

The driver was a madman

He obviously needed to get home or was trying to break some sort of record,

Never again, my life worth more than saving a few baht

Not so easy getting the 10baht bus from the bus station at Jomtien if you have bags. The baht bus drivers don't like picking you up. Motorbike taxis available from the corner of Theprasit however. As for avoiding the bus because 5% of drivers go a bit crazy??? So taxi drivers are all perfect of course. And would you rather crash in a big bus or a small Toyota?

I went from the airport to Hua Hin with Bell transport, 24 seater absolutely superb.

"Small black taxis" charging 300 baht? Why not just take the songtaew for around 50 baht?

What passes for Song Taew in Pattya/Jomtien is usually 10 baht. But those at the bus station charge in the hundreds, and 2 days ago I watched as 8 tourists climbed on board each paying the driver in excess of 100 baht.

Today I went on the 10baht van to the JomTiem bus station, and from there direct to Suvarnabhumi airport. then took a free shuttle bus to Don Mueng. Total cost 160baht.

What passes for Song Taew in Pattya/Jomtien is usually 10 baht. But those at the bus station charge in the hundreds, and 2 days ago I watched as 8 tourists climbed on board each paying the driver in excess of 100 baht.

Today I went on the 10baht van to the JomTiem bus station, and from there direct to Suvarnabhumi airport. then took a free shuttle bus to Don Mueng. Total cost 160baht.

The fixed price at the bus station is 20-30 baht to go as far as Beach Road, and 40-50 baht into Jomtien. If you ask for a detour to your hotel expect to a bit more.

The fixed price at the bus station is 20-30 baht to go as far as Beach Road, and 40-50 baht into Jomtien. If you ask for a detour to your hotel expect to a bit more.

yeah, if you like being packed in like a sardine with bags & bodies everywhere

I wonder why they don't have signs up telling the travelling public what the prices are?

I wonder why they don't have signs up telling the travelling public what the prices are?

There is a rolling LED display in both Thai and English displaying the prices. It's right in front of and above where the songtaews park. If you zoom in, you can see it in this photo.

They certainly not the most comfortable or quick option and you have to wait for the songtaew to fill up before it leaves, but if you're worried about prices they're the cheapest option.

post-25648-0-71574400-1431179940_thumb.j

It's all part of the fun of travelling. If you don't like it feel free to pay a taxi for a solo ride. I'll continue to pay 20 baht, thanks.

It's all part of the fun of travelling. If you don't like it feel free to pay a taxi for a solo ride. I'll continue to pay 20 baht, thanks.

Agreed.

But I don't think it's fun, it's dangerous & if you like sitting next to a load of stinking bodies smelling of BO & p+*s you're welcome.

Me, a few extra baht is worth it. I ain't rich but I also ain't no peasant traveller watching each baht travelling the full length of beach road looking in each window of the exchange booth for that extra satang that'll give me an extra 2 baht when I change my £100.