One farang, two Thais injured on Pattaya Road

Thaivisa News

2 Thai’s and 1 Foreigner injured in South Pattaya crash

hole-3.jpg

A foreign bike driver, his Thai girlfriend and a Thai driver of a further bike were injured in an early morning road crash in South Pattaya.

PATTAYA: -- On a weekend which was dominated by road accidents, both major and minor, across Pattaya City, this particular crash occurred just before 2.30am on Saturday on Pattaya Second Road in front of Soi 13.

Witnesses mentioned seeing the bike driven by the foreigner, approaching the area at-speed and he was seen to hit an uneven part of the road surface. His bike then hit another bike and all three people ended up lying injured on the road.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/192377/2-thais-and-1-foreigner-injured-in-south-pattaya-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-05-11

Look at the pictures of the "holes".

These are not some potholes that just appeared. These are substandard, homemade drainage grates. Not the standard, heavy cast iron grates used everywhere else.....

Someone involved with the road paving project decided the professional type road grates were not necessary.

The new handyman type collapsing grates started to cave in the first day they were installed. An accident waiting to happen.....

It's a disgrace the city didn't fix the mess right away.

How many motorists have been injured here the last 6 months I'm wondering?

I haven't been by there but curious is they have been fixed or have barricades been put in place?

I made a post referring to the Thai Police officer casually taking pics of victims whilst they lay on the ground, possibly losing blood and in need of urgent assistance..... the post has mysteriously disappeared........ lol

Look at the pictures of the "holes".

These are not some potholes that just appeared. These are substandard, homemade drainage grates. Not the standard, heavy cast iron grates used everywhere else.....

Someone involved with the road paving project decided the professional type road grates were not necessary.

The new handyman type collapsing grates started to cave in the first day they were installed. An accident waiting to happen.....

It's a disgrace the city didn't fix the mess right away.

How many motorists have been injured here the last 6 months I'm wondering?

I haven't been by there but curious is they have been fixed or have barricades been put in place?

Yeah, 2 cones and the problem is.... fixed!

Today morning:

dzw751.jpg

I'm number 3 on this subject for Defensive driving.... it is the only way. Expect the totally unexpected...all the time. Use Mirrors constantly and not for checking spots and blackheads like the locals. Back off on the throttle all the time.

The UK motor bike training teaches you a move called "Life saver". Always look back quickly over left shoulder before making a move left. Undercutting as it is called by morons coming up on your inside is a dead cet here. My head is on a swivel all the time I am on the roads. I was walking past the very same drains on 2nd road 2 days ago and was aghast at the condition of the rusty razor blades that were rattling on top of these so called covers.

Regarding the "accident" it would have been avoidable, but you add speed, lack of local knowledge about the holes on the road, no helmet and maybe a few drinks...and you get off with a big hospital bill if you are lucky, crippled for life or just plain dead if you are not....