Vehicles torched by suspected insurgents in Yala

webfact

Vehicles Torched by Suspected Insurgents in Yala

By Khaosod English

14314957341431496102l.jpg
One of six motorcycles set on fire in Yala province on 12 May 2015.

YALA — Police say Islamic separatists torched six motorcycles belonging to civilians in the southern border province of Yala last night.

The vehicles were burned across Than To district, where police also found what appeared to be fake explosives planted by the road. Police believe local insurgents organized the incidents as part of their campaign to cause "daily unrest" in the region.

The southern provinces of Yala, Narathiwat, and Pattani have been a hotbed of separatist violence for the past decade, with a shadowy network of insurgents staging near-daily attacks in an effort to secede the region and form a breakaway Islamic state.

Although most of the estimated 6,200 casualties have died in bombings and shootings staged by insurgent groups, Thai authorities have also been criticized for using excessive violence and violating human rights in their effort to combat the secessionist campaign.

Damrong Deesakul, chief officer of Betong district, said security officers have been instructed to increase patrols around public schools, which are opening this month.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1431495734

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-05-13

Is this the kind of behavior Peace TV supports? I am NOT being sarcastic, I watched their new Youtube videos for the first time yesterday and it was NOT what I expected. I thought I would see Thai commentators discussing politics. Imagine my surprise . . .

I am happy to report that they did not wait for the people to get on their motorcycles before torching the bikes...this is a lessening of hostilities...not their normal MO...may be insurgent wanna-bees...