schengen visa for thai gf.

*bump* Kind of on topic, but a slight tangent, regarding Schengen visas through the Swiss embassey / TLS Contact, when do they let you know if you have received or have been approved for a visa or not?  Do you need to wait until you actually pick up your passport?   All we have is the vague 'come back and get your passport' SMS like it's a gameshow host building up suspense.   Just wondering if we need to re-prep our docs or not before going up there (2 hour drive). 

You will only know as soon as you get the passport back and open it.

If the visa has been refused there should be a form/letter from the ECO explaining why. The front desk embassy staff (or the staff of the optional external service provider TLS, VFS, BLS) are just there to forward the paperwork so they don't really know either.

Edited by Donutz

• 3 weeks later...

i was planning to travel to france and italy and maybe spain too this year from the UK with my Thai GF.
I gather you should apply in either the country you enter or the country you spend the most time?

any advice on which countries embassy in thailand may be easiest to apply for the Schengen visa? france italy or spain?

20 minutes ago, djlest said:

i was planning to travel to france and italy and maybe spain too this year from the UK with my Thai GF.
I gather you should apply in either the country you enter or the country you spend the most time?

any advice on which countries embassy in thailand may be easiest to apply for the Schengen visa? france italy or spain?

No. 

I believe your GF must apply in Thailand.

She will apply to the agent acting for the. country  that she will spend most time in.

On 3-3-2018 at 6:01 PM, Jip99 said:

No. 

I believe your GF must apply in Thailand.

She will apply to the agent acting for the. country  that she will spend most time in.

No, she can chose to apply via the external party but is not obligated to. Any and all applicants can make an appointment within 2 weeks of their request with the relevant  embassy. 

One applies at the embassy of the country that is the main destination.

See the Schengen sticky topic near the top of this forum for details.

42 minutes ago, Donutz said:

No, she can chose to apply via the external party but is not obligated to. Any and all applicants can make an appointment within 2 weeks of their request with the relevant  embassy. 

One applies at the embassy of the country that is the main destination.

See the Schengen sticky topic near the top of this forum for details.

Good luck with Spain and Italy on that one.... can’t speak for France as I have no experience of dealing with them.

Irrespective of the right to submit direct to an 3mbasdy it is often expedient not to ..... Last year the Spanish embassy refused to make an appointment and directed us to BLS. 

In which case they violate the Schengen rules and their own instructions. Which can be reported to Solvit (EU ombudsmen service) and EU home affairs

JUST-CITIZENSHIP {at} ec.europa.eu