Chalong living infos

KidAle

Hi guys, I'm Alessandro from Italy.

I'm living in Kata with my gf and we are thinking about moving closer to Phuket town because she works there and she has to drive many kms every day with traffic jam.

We'd like to stay close enough to the beach at the same time, so i thought Chalong could be good for us but if you guys have other destinations possible to suggest it would be great!

I've never been there, so can i ask what part of chalong is better for living?

We need a nice and safe residential area and some places to spend a few hours at night if we want(meaning lounge bars or something like that).

also, who live/has lived there could give me some general feedback?

Thanks a lot :)

Hi Kidale ,

Not trying to be unhelpfull but your only 10minutes away on a scooter or in a car , maybe just drive over the hill and have a look ???

Yes, of course i've already planned to and i will.. but i've opened this thread because i'd like to know what people think about and any possible advice :)

Would be better to move into to Phuket Town. Better bars, restaurants, shops etc and Koh Sirae and Cape Panwa for the beach.

Yeah agree, but this year for many reasons i have to stay in kata/chalong. Next year i'll move for sure.

Btw any chalong local want to share his experience? thanks :D

Chalong is ok, value for money higher than in Kata or Karon, less tourists - as there's nothing of interest for tourists. In my opinion, the beach sucks.

But as others already said: It's just over the hill, muoverti e vai a vedere con gli occhi tuoi !

Ton of housing in the Soi Palai area, get to the Honda shop and head down those sois headed toward Chalong Bay. Regarding the beach, Chalong Bay, not so great. If you want beach this side look into Nai Harn area, also Yannui there are some rentals available and this is a really great area, quick ride to Rawai Beach and all the restaurants there.

Ton of housing in the Soi Palai area, get to the Honda shop and head down those sois headed toward Chalong Bay. Regarding the beach, Chalong Bay, not so great. If you want beach this side look into Nai Harn area, also Yannui there are some rentals available and this is a really great area, quick ride to Rawai Beach and all the restaurants there.

Yeah driving through Chalong Circle to and from work every day is a great option!

Yeah driving through Chalong Circle to and from work every day is a great option!

Thats why I started with the Palai area, and then went to "regarding the beach". Anyway, will take the Chalong circle mess over living in the armpit of the island patong-phil.

Sandro, why not take care of your girlfriend better and move into Phuket Town, so she doesn't have so far to travel to work???? cheesy.gif

She doesn't want to live there, mby in a future.

Edited by KidAle