apartment / condo for rent. Chumpon and Songkhla

alan cornwall

looking at possible retirement in either Chumpon or Songkhla. Does any one know of a letting agency in the areas that deals in furnished apartments to rent long term. Or, if some one knows of a building that is renting out furnished apartments. Any idea of prices ?? Thank you in advance.

Most of the shop-houses and larger houses will be mostly unfurnished. But the smaller bungalows and 'studio' rooms will be 2000-10,000 baht and up. It tends to be more expensive if they are designing it exclusively foreigners. But some foreigners will still rent the houses for the entire year, even if they will only stay for 3-6 months (usually you get a discount if you rent for several months at a time). The cheaper places will usually be unadvertised apartments or shop houses are usually the best deals, like 1500-4000 baht/mo.

There are a few resorts you can pay 30-60k a month for a semi-private swimming pool, sauna, on-site minimart. For some people, that is important.

Lots of new apartments going up in Chumphon town, and near Thung Wua Laen beach, more shop houses and apartments as the pier/canal is being built.

Chumpon and Songkhla cities or provinces?

Both - Cities and Provinces ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provinces_of_Thailand

Err, my geography is fine, thanks. I was asking if the OP was after an apartment in mueang Songkhla (Chumphon) or chanwat Songkhla (Chumpon). No point in directing him to condos in Hat Yai or Sadao if he's after some place near the beach in mueang Songkhla.

Chumpon and Songkhla cities or provinces?

Both - Cities and Provinces ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provinces_of_Thailand

Err, my geography is fine, thanks. I was asking if the OP was after an apartment in mueang Songkhla (Chumphon) or chanwat Songkhla (Chumpon). No point in directing him to condos in Hat Yai or Sadao if he's after some place near the beach in mueang Songkhla.

Both in the cities, beach, and in between. But the focus is on Chumphon town and one of the nearby beaches, Thung Wua Laen.

Maybe this guide will help you get started?

I found that some areas will not be serviced by any song theaws. Not the locations I talk about. But like mueang Pathio. Not much there besides the smaller train station and the airport, which has 1 or 2 daily flights. There is unspoilt beaches out there, but you'd be on your own more or less. You could live it up in Sara Resort, but in terms of long term living, there is no strategic advantage because you have to go to the Chumphon town for most of your shopping. Unless you plan to build or rent a house out there.