Pattaya Boom-Boom Pick-up trucks checked by District Officers

webfact

Pattaya Boom-Boom Pick-up trucks checked by District Officers

truck-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Following numerous noise complaints from residents and business owners on Jomtien Beach, District Officers checked the area for modified pick-up trucks playing loud music on Wednesday Night.

The Chief Bailiff for the District along with a group of his officers checked a total of 10 trucks, parked along the promenade on Jomtien Beach and were also searching for guns and drugs and anything else which would require further investigations.

The trucks are known as Boom-Boom trucks and will often be seen at planned events and may feature coyote dancers who dance on make-shift podiums on the back of the trucks, which are often decorated with lights and feature many speakers.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/193635/pattaya-boom-boom-pick-up-trucks-checked-by-district-officers/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-05-14

Not one thing was done to these kids. Why? Because kids who can afford trucks with all that audio equipment certainly belongs to parents with a lot of money and power. My prediction: Nothing will ever be done to these kids and their loud music.

As usual, it takes "numerous complaints" before the police will look into something that they should have been policing all along on a routine basis. One can drive all through Pattaya and only very rarely see any police presence at all--and that usually just helmet violations to collect some cash.

A lot of the worst offenders late at night aren't even these specialized trucks. Its the regular cars and pickups that have been outfitted with a few bass speakers that pull up on the beach after 1 AM. They don't look out of the ordinary but once they open their doors, they can be almost as loud as the truck pictured.

Loud enough to be heard a mile away if you are on a high enough floor. Its a constant presence in Jomtien from sunset on almost every night. Talk about a diminished quality of life. If you are in a condo by the beach, this is the sountrack to your life.

A lot of the worst offenders late at night aren't even these specialized trucks. Its the regular cars and pickups that have been outfitted with a few bass speakers that pull up on the beach after 1 AM. They don't look out of the ordinary but once they open their doors, they can be almost as loud as the truck pictured.

Loud enough to be heard a mile away if you are on a high enough floor. Its a constant presence in Jomtien from sunset on almost every night. Talk about a diminished quality of life. If you are in a condo by the beach, this is the sountrack to your life.

The deafening base-heavy music is, for me, the biggest drawback to living in Pattaya. If you live anywhere near the beach or Sukhumvit you're doomed.

The deafening base-heavy music is, for me, the biggest drawback to living in Pattaya. If you live anywhere near the beach or Sukhumvit you're doomed.

Have Blues on my mobile, have earphones too.

yes noise pollution is just as bad as every other pollution in Jomtien and Pattaya

Buy your 10 million baht dream condo and then some ahole parks out the front and parties on

thats why i will never buy real estate in Jomtien

rent and move on

its not just the pick ups and cars but I have seen commercial tourist buses with the speakers on the outside

amazing Thailand

Oh Dear

It's a tourist resort- there's always some noise here.

Choose where you live very carefully and it's not a problem.

I'm not sure why people come to live in Pattaya / Jomtien and expect it to be fabulously civilised, quiet , have stunning architecture and infrastructure . It doesn't , it's all a bit chaotic.

All part of its charm.

It's a question of taste (I don't like Isaan Technk too much), but it's also a question of volume. Someone should tell them they damage their bass speakers if they turn them on to maximum volume. They also ruin their ears.

In many cases this "boom boom" sound is a consequence of unsufficient tone resolution in the low frequencies. The bass frequencies get meshed up, and it comes to resonances which will eventually kill the bass speakers.

This is not a phenomenon of Pattaya, sound pollution is quite common in Europe.

Live music sounds usually better.

I am amazed the General hasn't jumped on this bandwagon. Why are there no public health warnings on TV?

Don't Drink and Drive;

Where White At Night;

Boom-Boom makes you DEAF;

Edited by Rimmer
Vulgar

It's a question of taste (I don't like Isaan Technk too much), but it's also a question of volume. Someone should tell them they damage their bass speakers if they turn them on to maximum volume. They also ruin their ears.

In many cases this "boom boom" sound is a consequence of unsufficient tone resolution in the low frequencies. The bass frequencies get meshed up, and it comes to resonances which will eventually kill the bass speakers.

Live music sounds usually better.

No, don't tell them anything, they won't listen anyway (not just because they have been rendered deaf) when the pick-up falls to pieces like a clown-car, just snigger. (pointing is optional)

Offhand I cant think of anywhere in Europe where this level of unlicensed and unwelcome noise would be permitted. Certainly not in any built-up area.

Oh Dear

It's a tourist resort- there's always some noise here.

Choose where you live very carefully and it's not a problem.

I'm not sure why people come to live in Pattaya / Jomtien and expect it to be fabulously civilised, quiet , have stunning architecture and infrastructure . It doesn't , it's all a bit chaotic.

All part of its charm.

1. "Choose where you live ... " - The story is about speaker trucks. They know no boundaries. Comprendez?

2. "It's a tourist resort ... " Cool, no need to be civilised. No families, just raging party drunks.

3. All part of its charm??? Yes the chaos can be charming. Speaker trucks are not.

^^^ I would suggest the "natives" do not like it at all. They're just more resigned to it. But I'll bet their attitude will change when the tourist dollars go elsewhere. Don't forget there are tens of thousands of apartments under construction in Pattaya/Jomtien pitched at foreigners, all waiting to be sold.

Offhand I cant think of anywhere in Europe where this level of unlicensed and unwelcome noise would be permitted. Certainly not in any built-up area.

U are correct. This type of idiotic behavior is not a major part of any civilized society that I am aware of. Most developed countries have strict laws that protect citizens from noise pollution. If Thailand has such laws, they are obviously not being inforced. The boom trucks and their idiot drivers are all over Jomtien Beach. They park out front of restuarants, hotels, condos, etc. They are causing harm to businesses and diminishing the quality of life in the area. People are selling condos and moving precisely because of the excessive noise pollution caused by the boom trucks. The noise pollution seems to be related to a generation that has no concern for anyone, not even themselves. It is destructive behavior. The police should do something about it other than smiling in a photo. If I were in charge, this is what would happen after a hefty fine:

post-110622-0-80854800-1431661992_thumb.

Edited by Awohalitsiktoli

^^^ I would suggest the "natives" do not like it at all. They're just more resigned to it. But I'll bet their attitude will change when the tourist dollars go elsewhere. Don't forget there are tens of thousands of apartments under construction in Pattaya/Jomtien pitched at foreigners, all waiting to be sold.

I would suggest Farangs should stop threatening Thais with drawing back their money.

In Europe you would have to get property on land first before you can build an apartment on it. This is usually paid by credit from a bank. So, you might be owner of the apartment, but only as long as the bank doesn't force you to pay back the credit. And be rest-assured: The banks will force you to pay back your credit for land.

BTW: Even in those "gentrified" areas in Europe you would still have to cope with the "natives" there, eg the humans that lived there before you came with big money that isn't even yours.

U are correct. This type of idiotic behavior is not a major part of any civilized society that I am aware of. Most developed countries have strict laws that protect citizens from noise pollution. If Thailand has such laws, they are obviously not being inforced. The boom trucks and their idiot drivers are all over Jomtien Beach. They park out front of restuarants, hotels, condos, etc. They are causing harm to businesses and diminishing the quality of life in the area. People are selling condos and moving precisely because of the excessive noise pollution caused by the boom trucks. The noise pollution seems to be related to a generation that has no concern for anyone, not even themselves. It is destructive behavior. The police should do something about it other than smiling in a photo. If I were in charge, this is what would happen after a hefty fine:

crushed_car.jpg

You are not in charge if you are Farang. Leave it up to the Thais, please.

I'm Farang, and I might consider the ringing of church bells sacral terror. Also the voices of many Farang politicians, that's sheer noise pollution for me - worse than Techno.

There is no genuine comparison between the very occasional ringing of a church bell (or chanting of a Buddhist monk) and the daily boom truck noise pollution that the citizens--both Thai and farang--are having to endure in Jomtien. The boom truck idiots are malicious; they enjoy annoying other people. The police need to fine them, lock them up, confiscate their trucks and crush the trucks, turning them into scrap metal. If Thailand is ever going to reach anything resembling developed world status the rule of law must be taken seriously. Maybe the military will step in and drive tanks over the boom trucks or use them for target practice.